Customization of seekbar

10BS

I request to add the feature to change appearance of the seekbar. For example: change the detailness (number of columns), change columns to a shaded graph and select a summed channel from two or a display of two channels.

@andrewilley I like the standard skin out of the box much more than others. And judging by the screenshots from Google Play, YAPS looks extremely doubtful. 

UPD: I looked at the screenshots from the YAPS discussion threads, and I say with full confidence that this is a design hell.

36 minutes ago, 10BS said:

I looked at the screenshots from the YAPS discussion threads, and I say with full confidence that this is a design hell.

Sorry for your lack of confidence. I use YAPS as my main skin and find it hugely configurable and I can make it look pretty much exactly how I want it.

However if you do want huge amounts of very estoteric flexibility - such as changing the size and colours of tiny trivial background elements - there's going to be a necessary learning curve and the need to use a highly flexible skin with a huge range of options.

And I've found the designer, @flyingdutchman, very helpful and responsive to polite user requests for changes and additions.

Andre

1 hour ago, 10BS said:

@andrewilley I like the standard skin out of the box much more than others. And judging by the screenshots from Google Play, YAPS looks extremely doubtful. 

UPD: I looked at the screenshots from the YAPS discussion threads, and I say with full confidence that this is a design hell.

Wow no beating around the bush with this opinion.

The built in skins offer a few quick settings to tweak the basic design of Poweramp. But there are several skins available to get you anywhere from some different but relatively set designs with more settings than the defaults (Liv and Luminous), to the extravagant where almost every UI element of Poweramp can be changed (Yaps). There are several versions of these, and others, on the Play store. And the developers of these skins have all been very willing to accept suggestions for additional features and design guidance. @flyingdutchman @giannisgx89 @Mixified

The developer opened up Poweramp for these 3rd party skin designers to make custom interfaces for users to choose from, if they want something different. This allowed a ton of flexibility in the UI, while @maxmp can focus strictly on the more functional aspects of PA.

So there are choices for you, feel free to try any of the these. Or maybe you can take a crack at your own new design that perhaps you can share with others.

@10BS Yaps is something that evolved over time and is largely a result of user input and experimenting. The skin applies techniques no other skins have, eg a choice of spectrums on the main ui, special landscape layouts ( useful when driving ) and so on. 

It certainly is not an "off the peg select your colour" skin. It is really down to the user to get the best look and feel and it will require imagination as the combinations are limitless.

I fully understand that some users may be daunted by this and prefer a different choose and click approach.