Jump to content
Poweramp
tdas777

v3 build 823 - High Battery Consumption

maxmp

Before posting here, please try the following:

Settings / Look and Feel / Player UI / Chromecast Button - Disable (+ restart Poweramp by dropping it from recents when it's not playing)
This helps with some un-updated/failing Play services libraries being loaded into Poweramp and increasing battery usage.

Settings / Library / Scanner / Auto-scan - Disable
This helps with some apps constantly/frequently sending file system change event causing Poweramp to rescan frequently and increasing battery usage.

Message added by maxmp

Recommended Posts

I've had auto scanning and chromecast disabled for a long time now, and it has NOT fixed this issue with the overheating and high battery usage.

So this is bug is not resolved by any means. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lasse said:

I've had auto scanning and chromecast disabled for a long time now, and it has NOT fixed this issue with the overheating and high battery usage.

So this is bug is not resolved by any means. 

Yep. The first day i disabled auto-scanning, i got the high usage android notification -- i wasn't even skipping through my library and the volume was down.

And have experienced it a few more times after that. So yeah, this is not resolved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The screen grabs are in probably chaotic order, but I hope they point to what surprised me after leaving PA idle. 

What are wakelocks, and do I care? 

2019_08_04_02.38.52.jpg

2019_08_04_02.38.04.jpg

2019_08_04_02.39.04.jpg

2019_08_04_02.39.13.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poweramp code has no any reference to System wakelock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RBEmerson Android version you have can’t distinguish between multiple apps loaded into single process (Poweramp itself and Unlocker).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 10:47 PM, andrewevenstar said:

Yep. The first day i disabled auto-scanning, i got the high usage android notification -- i wasn't even skipping through my library and the volume was down.

And have experienced it a few more times after that. So yeah, this is not resolved. 

 

I'm back here to report that the Chromecast trick worked for that day only. The power consumption is still high, just like before. 😣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 6:14 PM, maxmp said:

@RBEmerson Android version you have can’t distinguish between multiple apps loaded into single process (Poweramp itself and Unlocker).

Considering PA and the unlocker are tightly bound, what matters is why directly related PA activity is at the top of the battery consumption list. The icon question is not the primary problem. 

@krazzyvishal Did you check to see if Chromecast re-asserted itself. For some reason, it returned on my phone. It's disabled now, but I'm watching to see if it magically returns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RBEmerson from your screenshot it looks like it sorts by wakelock duration usage. Audio playing always have implicit system wakelock for the duration of the playback. Phone can’t play audio while it’s asleep. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×