HOW TONTURN OFF VISUALIZATION???

mgwerner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/26/2018 at 8:43 PM, Husker991 said:

I completely agree, this is poor application design. There also needs to be an option to turn the visualizations off within the visualizations menu. 

Thank you for guiding us there!

I agree, add the option in setting and the option "Nothing" as first preset.

If someone needs to search for help, this shows that the current option is not very intuitive.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the single most annoying thing about the new version. Twice now I have accidentally enabled visualization and spent the next 10 minutes going crazy trying to just SEE WHAT I'M DOING! there should be a n item in the visualization settings to switch this off until switched back on at the same place!!! 😤😤😤

7 hours ago, PatM said:

This is the single most annoying thing about the new version. Twice now I have accidentally enabled visualization and spent the next 10 minutes going crazy trying to just SEE WHAT I'M DOING! there should be a n item in the visualization settings to switch this off until switched back on at the same place!!! 😤😤😤

Not quite sure why it took your ten minutes to tap the Visualisation icon again to turn it back off, but yes I do agree that if you don't ever want visualisations then it's pointless and possibly accident-prone to have the icon on the player screen at all. Maybe the Visualisations menu should not only have an Disable/Enable/FullScreen control, but also a tickbox under it to control whether the same switch should be duplicated as an icon on the player screen at all.

Andre

3 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

In my $yaps$ skin you can hide the 4 buttons. I myself never use them so no need to see them

That would be a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut though. My myself, I don't happen to use either the Visualisation icon or the Repeat icon, however I do use the Sleep Timer and the Shuffle icon all the time.

Andre

On 5/15/2019 at 4:51 AM, andrewilley said:

Not quite sure why it took your ten minutes to tap the Visualisation icon again to turn it back off,

In my case, because once I found a way to turn off a feature I never wanted and never deliberately enabled, I didn't memorize the non-obvious UI element that controlled it.  When it was accidentally enabled again by a random touch on the icon,  the visualization makes it hard to see the rest of the UI so I wasn't reminded of it.  I'm completely with PatM on this point.   

• 1 month later...

As to why 10 minutes, I never use visualization so I'm unfamiliar with the button. Mostly though, I cant see  the button or any thing else on main screen once visualization is enabled. Maybe it's my display settings or something, but after ACCIDENTALLY AND UNKNOWINGLY tapping button, I only see wild animation, can't see any details on main screen or get to any help except settings or the forum I think I remember.

Would be great if visualization and/or the button could be disabled all together.

Most of 10minutes was spent on password reset as I keep forgetting to sign in ONLY WITH USERNAME, not email address. When my above post, I thought reset was the only way into  the forum. Accepts new pswd but subsequent sign in's only work with username.  My reflex is to use email address and autofill defaulted to the same

@PatM the following changes were implemented in Poweramp to help with this issue:

- there is Settings / Visualizations option (duplicates main screen button, but helps those who searches it in options)
- when Visualization is turned on, Poweramp shows “toast” hint for a long time (Visualization... Long press for more options)

There are also plans for buttons reassignment (at least 3 buttons can be reassigned/disabled - i.e. visualization, sleep timer, and the placeholder at the center). Thanks!

18 minutes ago, maxmp said:

- there is Settings / Visualizations option (duplicates main screen button, but helps those who searches it in options)

Thanks for duplicating the on/off visualisation button in the Settings menu, I hadn't noticed you'd done that.

Andre

Very cool. The heads and shoulders best music player improves based on user feedback! It's gratifying to see this. So few developers seem to listen or care.

I never use visualization so I didn't notice that the settings had been updated. I'm a believer and now an even greater fan. 🤩

Archived