Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

31 minutes ago, darkblak said:

Loving the new interface. Aware of issues, but am using this as a daily !

Won't report any issue until the next version.

Ummm, I would say to Report buys that aren't listened many times in here. It's a beta and so, need to check bigs amd everything. But with a log

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Snowplow Floater said:

Count me another vote against the boxes over the album art. It seems particularly silly to put the artist name and album title there when 99% of the time the cover art will show that anyway.

Other than that, great to see that things are moving again.

Totally agreed, came here to say this :)

This new update is just lovely. Fresh, innovative interface that is also super easy to use and fast. Only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the wave seekbar which is clunky when I need to seek through a long mix or other long (1 hour or more) recordings. Also I miss the lack of seekbar in lists. Keep up the good work, even in the current state the app is miles ahead of everything else on Android.

Awesome to see the direction you are taking this Max, I love the gesture navigation as one handed usability has improved massively which was my biggest gripe before.

One thing I would suggest (you may be planning to implement anyway) to ensure one handed usability is to auto expand the keyboard when someone taps on search.

Also, I am sure this has been mentioned to you before but on the previous alpha I was on lock screen gesture controls stopped working (Device Oneplus 5 on 8.0). This is something I used a lot and really value in a music player.

Can't able to rename, delete and no option for edit preset 

On my Redmi Note 4 MIUI 9 Chinese build and 

On my Redmi note 3 no OpenSL HD option appears yet but its has Hi-Res option 

And strange thing is EQU enable automatically whenever i off that like everything reset 

As test every single song changes EQU and All setting gets reset to previous settings 

In Hi-Res i ve Enabled No Equ/Tone but still its enabled if songs changes 

Waiting for next bata release

Screenshot_2018-04-30-16-35-23-756_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

21 minutes ago, Snowplow Floater said:

Count me another vote against the boxes over the album art. It seems particularly silly to put the artist name and album title there when 99% of the time the cover art will show that anyway.

4 minutes ago, wishwosha said:

Totally agreed, came here to say this :)

I think part of the problem (although I'd still prefer Title/Artist/Album wording to be underneath the cover artwork rather than obscuring it) is that the heavy square black boxes look so incongruous compared to the rest of the gently rounded elements. Perhaps giving the label boxes rounded corners might help a bit? The same goes for the running-time and total-time overlays - which would look better at the bottom of the scroll bar anyway.

Andre

Warning!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but if you have non-default resampling settings, your audio playback may not work at all. I use an unofficial LineageOS build on Redmi Note 4, so it may just be for me, though. What about you guys?

Resetting the settings doesn't fix it, only wiping data does so.

6 hours ago, maxmp said:

NOTE: this Beta Preview is a preview-quality software, not ready for day-to-day usage, nor it's close in quality to the previous Alpha release

Some functionality is not ready yet, missing, or incomplete: most library categories, list/track/preset operations like deletion, adding to playlists, no landscape nor tablet layouts, no custom lockscreen, etc.

Expect crashes and other strange things:) All the debug/checking code is still there.

Please make sure you backed up your previous installation, as it's not easily possible to revert to previous versions due to database format change.

Poweramp-beta-preview-build-790-uni.apk

Mind blowing, well done Max. Thank you so much for this update.

Just want congratulate @maxmp on the beta release of Poweramp 3.0!

I have been lurking around this forum for a number of years but not officially joined until today. 

Poweramp has been my main music player for many years now. I have tried many other music players but nothing has come close for me to offering the ease of use, sound quality and organisation of Poweramp. 

As someone who has worked in development for well over a decade on apps, websites & computer games. I know firsthand how difficult it is to get a product out the door. Development is a continuous iterative process that does not end once a product is released to the general public. Nor can you catch every bug especially on a fragmented platform such as android which contains millions of devices. 

The alpha release of Poweramp was very impressive for app built by one developer. I have worked with teams of developers who have never produced an alpha release that is that solid or comprehensive. 

Also want to send a special thank you to @andrewilley. I read the number of negative posts in this forum around the release of the software. Just want to say that you have done a great job of maintaining balance on this forum especially when some don't choose to either read the sticky at the top of the forum or the changelog. 

Just to mention that I am using the beta on my LG V30 and the HD Output is working perfectly well!

Thank you all for the beta release and I look forward to the full release in June.

3 hours ago, Pg_Pi3Gey said:

@maxmp 

This is Bugreport for this.

If anybody Finds the same. Please feel free to quote this(don't quote whole) or tag me.

1. If we're going back to the playing song from any menu/playing queue, it starts from 00:00 (means it started playing from start)..

Logs: PAv3-740_songautoplaystarts.txt

2. If you're playing a song and drop down it like a little (to go to the artist/folder option/returning to queue) The app crashes.

Logs:PAv3-740_appcrashreport.txt (includes first report too, sorry can't take it alone)

3. If you seek to another time. It just scrolls to Start everytime. 

Logs:PAv3-740_Sleeknowork.txt

By another user pa.txt

4. Going back from Queue to Library by clicking the Library option in the top Left. app Force closes.

logs:PAv3-740_Apcrashqueue-library.txt

ANYBODY HAVING ISSUES LIKE THIS, CAN FORCE CLOSE APP VIA SETTINGS AND CHECK IF IT'S OCCURING AGAIN OR NOT.

PAv3-740_Bug_Songautoplaystart.txt

PAv3-740_appcrashreport.txt

PAv3-740_Sleeknowork.txt

PAv3-740_Apcrashqueue-library.txt

I cannot confirm any of these issues. Everything works fine on my Smasung A3 2017 with latest original ROM and HighRes output.

EDIT: WRT point 4: I managed to crash the app pressing the "Back" capacity button whilst in the Queue page.

2 hours ago, antonridd said:

Sorry for the curve English. In general, what I found in an hour of use.
1. The title of the track is not a particularly good idea to place on the cover. You have to do less or still move. My personal opinion.
2. There are not enough buttons for switching to albums from the playback screen of the track.
3. If you turn off the blur on the lock screen, the cover is also removed.

4. And sometimes there are crash when rewinding.

Look like that's it.

Device - Google pixel 2 (android 8.1 oreo)

2. Who needs buttons for that anymore.....its a brave new world XD tap or swipe down the album art, brings you to said albums tracklist, swipe left or right there brings you to all albums, swipe left or right back to library, swipe left or right back to playing screen, rinse repeat again and again, felt like a giddy 5yo when I found it did that hahaha

1 hour ago, mahalata said:

Try to disable "Float32 Sample Format". I had a horrible clipping too on my HTC 10, but when I disabled this, the sound is back to normal.

Thanks! A lot less clipping now. Guess that changes sampling from 32bits to 24bits, maybe??

32 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I think part of the problem (although I'd still prefer Title/Artist/Album wording to be underneath the cover artwork rather than obscuring it) is that the heavy square black boxes look so incongruous compared to the rest of the gently rounded elements. Perhaps giving the label boxes rounded corners might help a bit? The same goes for the running-time and total-time overlays - which would look better at the bottom of the scroll bar anyway.

Andre

Exactly what i felt.. the black unrounded boxes also cause a clutter in the lists or grids... not much when the meta is short but especially when the song meta is too long ...the only workaround i feel with keeping the current layout is to either round them and decrease their overall allowed width or to change the black to something like white or blur . Like in the image both the folder meta would be rounded and occupying only half the area of the art with something like an autoscroll implemented than it would look good. Although i found them fine on the song time bar 

Screenshot_20180430-171209.png

Unfortunately, i didn`t like the brand-new v3 beta-preview-build-790 on my Sony Xperia Z2 (Android 6.0).

The previous build 703 was awesome: minimalistic GUI, detailed audio processing info and the main - great sound quality with SONY Hi-Res Output - 24 bit/48kHz SoX Resampler 95% Cutoff DVC No EQ.

But now, it seems like the option No EQ doesn`t work properly on my device: sound is very bass busting with lack of details. I know that sound engine is the same for 703 and 790 builds. I don`t know why it is but when I downgrade to 703 it sounds much better. Maybe there are some compatibility issues with Android 6.0 and 790 build.

I hope next builds will be better. Anyway thanks a lot for development of Poweramp.

After first short tests I can only say, surface looks very good. A bit getting used to but you can find your way around relatively quickly.

For me personally but much more important Hi Res output and this works on my AXON 7 with Android 7.1 so far without error message.

The sound quality is neat but is under intense scrutiny.

The first impression is quite positive and makes you want more.

Good job MAXIM !!!

Archived