Can't ChromeCast from Poweramp

Same here, Chromecast Audio. I also suspect Google, something on server (Chromecast update?) side. Neutron music player is able to cast. But connect "Ding" noise is weird... delayed.

Also, connect "Ding" happens on manual track change in Neutron. Sometimes. 

Edited by Squeller

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same issue here. Casting worked fine up until a few days ago when it randomly stopped working entirely

Phone connects, Android TV screen goes black like it always does while starting up PA, however PA just never starts up on the TV, leaving the player stuck on a loop of repeating the waveform animation while not actually advancing the song or duration incrementor (if unpaused during connection)

After about a minute it automatically disconnects and my Android TV goes back to its home screen.

On 3/14/2022 at 3:50 PM, Berg said:

Hi,

Same here:

* I am able to click "cast" in Power Amp
* Power Amp thinks it is casting (allows to click stop, to control volume)
* But there is no "Ding" connection sound from Chrome Cast audio as usual, and no output from Chrome Cast Audio
* After ~ 30-secs - 1 minute, Power Amp disconnects from Chrome Cast Audio, and Chrome Cast Audio makes a disconnection "Dong".

This started happening this morning for me using older Power Amp version. Upgrading to latest Power Amp version (build 925 (925004-e493ac43)) did not help.

Firmware of my Chrome Cast audio is 1.56.281627 (aka 2021 Dec 21 release - I am not sure when it was pushed to my Chrome Cast Audio (I suspect it was pushed overnight, before the failure)).
Can anyone confirm that it worked for anyone with Chrome Cast Audio firmware 1.56.281627 earlier? I am curious if update for all of us reporting here was pushed yesterday.

I am on Android 9.

Chrome Cast Audio works itself - I am able to cast media from Google Home app.

Same problem here. Poweramp and Chromecast Audio stopped working together on Sunday (Mar 13, 2022) night. Behavior is exactly as Berg described. 

I am running Poweramp build-932-bundle-play [932004-72aa156d] on a Galaxy S10+ with Android 12. My CCA has firmware 1.56.281627. 

I am having the same problem here connected to google home . I sure hope they fix it quickly. I have had to use hificast untill Poweramp is fixed.

hificast it's such a crappy app I now remember why I never use it, but at least it is working with Google home.

Hurry up guys!!

On 3/14/2022 at 7:26 AM, richteratmosphere said:

My Chromecast functionality stopped working today.  It was working earlier today and for months before that.  I reset my router and my phone and it's still not working.  Anyone else experiencing this problem today?

I thought I was the only one. Same problem here just stopped all of a sudden. 

I use the cast feature a lot as my home theatre sound system doesn't have Bluetooth.

Worked great until today. 

Normal working case:
I tap the cast button
Select my TV 
The TV screen momentarily goes blank 
The Poweramp logo appears with a small loading circle on the bottom. 
The album art loads
The audio starts playing
The seek bar readjusts on the TV and on the phone to show the correct position.
All is well... 

Not working case:
I tap the cast button
Select my TV 
The TV screen goes blank and stays blank!

Nothing loads, no logo, no audio. 
The app on the phone shows the seek bar moving. The chromecast output is also active. 

Things I've tried:
On the phone:
Rebooted
Uninstalled Poweramp and reinstalled. 

On the TV:
Force stopped the built in chromecast app. 
Uninstalled updates
Reinstalled updates
Cleared cache and data for the chromecast app and restarted TV. 

On the network:
Restarted my router
Turned off every other device on the network
Tried a different WiFi network. 
Tried the cast while being connected to the phone's Hotspot.

Why I think the issue is with Poweramp:
Because every other app is behaving as it should while casting. 
The Google home app can cast the phone screen without any problems.
A video in a chrome tab can be casted successfully. 
Casting chrome tabs and YouTube content works from two of my other PC's on the same network.

Extra info:
There were no other changes. 
There were no system updates to neither the phone nor the TV.
I don't remember the last time Poweramp updated. But the cast was working fine this morning. 
There were/are no other accessories connected to the TV. 
The TV did not experience any sudden power loss in the last 48hrs. (even if it did, it wouldn't matter) 

The TV is an Iffalcon (by TCL) Android TV running Android 9.

The cast feature worked really good until now all of a sudden. And I've tried everything. 
Any help is greatly appreciated! 

This issue just started this week for me as well. Casting fine from YouTube music app seems fine so it comes across as something between Poweramp and Google - I was thinking it must be a change by Google as well. 

If I try cast to a Google hub it makes the connection sound, displays the Poweramp logo on my hub, but then disconnects shortly after and never allows playback to begin. 

Edited by nexpro
Typing errors

@Squeller Poweramp uses the latest available Chromecast libraries (from Google), so may be there are some issues with the older Chromecasts (not reproducible for me though). I will try to investigate the issue further and I’ll probably create some debug Poweramp build for those who can help to fix the issue.

@Nowired offtopic, but that’s why I move Poweramp company (and myself) out of RF. Btw all Poweramp technical infrastructure (not so much as Poweramp is offline player) is in US and always been there. See hidden content here for the details: 

I'm having the same problems as everyone else. Started Tuesday 15th but don't think I used it on Monday... When casting the time on the track doesn't move forward and it loops back every few seconds.

Two Android phones, neither can cast Poweramp to either Chromecast Audio or CCwTV. Both are up to date firmware (1.56.281627 for CCA and 1.56.276477 for CCwTV) don't know how to check the hardware version of the CCA.

Redmi Note 9 Pro on Android 11, build 925 64bit.

Old Moto E4+ on Android 7, build 925 32bit.

I've deleted and reinstalled PA from fresh on both, with and without the unlocker and not importing any settings etc. Was on an older version of Google Home, which have now updated and it's still not working.

I tried on a 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi and nothing worked. No firmware updates on my router.

All other audio casting works (casting the phone's audio or streaming using VLC).

Hope it can get fixed soon as it's something we use nearly every day!

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@Squeller Poweramp uses the latest available Chromecast libraries (from Google), so may be there are some issues with the older Chromecasts (not reproducible for me though). I will try to investigate the issue further and I’ll probably create some debug Poweramp build for those who can help to fix the issue.

@Nowired offtopic, but that’s why I move Poweramp company (and myself) out of RF. Btw all Poweramp technical infrastructure (not so much as Poweramp is offline player) is in US and always been there. See hidden content here for the details: 

I have uninstalled Poweramp and the unlocker then reinstalled Poweramp from play store and updated it to version 933 from Poweramp site. Sadly nothing changed , Poweramp still does not connect to google home / chromecast.

Did I miss something?

5 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@Nowired There's nothing you can do at the moment, it doesn't appear to be related to anything specific on phones (manufacturer, PA version, Android version, Google app version) so my guess is it's some change that Google has made server-side. As Max said above, he is looking into it.

Andre

Thanks Andre , I wonder if any other other apps from the RF are affected? 

I can only second that casting from Poweramp is broken, while all other casting works.

My target devices are "Google Nest Mini v2", "Xiaomi Mi Tv Box with built in CC", "Chromecast Audio" and one of the older ChromeCast sticks.

I also fired up a Android device which has been power off for the last couple of weeks, so no updates applied in quite a while on it, running PA build 925 and that didn't work.

I did some googling on the Nest Minis and it looks like there was a recent firmware upgrade to version 1.54.279716. I'm not sure how recent that is after all...

So it looks like google has pushed out some shady firmware... @maxmp Could it be so that your devices hasn't received the latest firmware?

The Mi Box is running Chromcast built-in version 1.56.276477 which has been available for quite a while.

Edited by 6b6561
-

56 minutes ago, Nowired said:

Thanks Andre , I wonder if any other other apps from the RF are affected? 

Poweramp is not "an app from the RF". Its developer does happen to live there at the moment though - along with 140 million other people. This is offtopic though.

Andre