Can't ChromeCast from Poweramp

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@richteratmosphere Just tried mine, and also not working. I'm using a Samsung A70, Android 11, Poweramp 933, to a gen 1 Chromecast dongle. Casting the whole device screen works fine, but casting from PA results in the CC output screen initially going black, but it stays that way and there's no audio. PA's seekbar seems to be trying to move then it jumps back a couple of seconds, and loops like that; counter remains static. 

Andre

7 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@richteratmosphere Just tried mine, and also not working. I'm using a Samsung A70, Android 11, Poweramp 933, to a gen 1 Chromecast dongle. Casting the whole device screen works fine, but casting from PA results in the CC output screen initially going black, but it stays that way and there's no audio. PA's seekbar seems to be trying to move then it jumps back a couple of seconds, and loops like that; counter remains static. 

Andre

Same issue exactly as described on 925 & 933

Hi @maxmp

As always, thank you for your continuos developement. It's appreciated. 

Same here on version 933. Andre described the problem perfectly.

For some reason, not sure it it's related to this update or something at googles end, but since a couple of days back I can't seem to connect to any Google Chromecast device anymore.

- I'm on the latstes version;
- Poweramp sees the chromecast, but can't connect to any version (audio, video 4k, video gen1);
- I tried other apps with chromecast support. They still work;
- I trief to rollback to version 925, but no succes. 

I'm using a Oppo Reno 10x Zoom, Andoid 11. 

Do you have any ideas what can cause this problem?

Thank you for your time and effort. 

Stay safe. 

Edited by andrewilley
Merged post from another thread

Trying to cast from Poweramp build-925-bundle-play [925004-e493ac43] to a Google Home speaker with cast firmware version 1.56.282045 fails as described by OP. It had been working for months previously and I don't believe I changed any settings. If there is anything I can help with troubleshooting and/or providing additional information, let me know.

Hi,

Same here:

* I am able to click "cast" in Power Amp
* Power Amp thinks it is casting (allows to click stop, to control volume)
* But there is no "Ding" connection sound from Chrome Cast audio as usual, and no output from Chrome Cast Audio
* After ~ 30-secs - 1 minute, Power Amp disconnects from Chrome Cast Audio, and Chrome Cast Audio makes a disconnection "Dong".

This started happening this morning for me using older Power Amp version. Upgrading to latest Power Amp version (build 925 (925004-e493ac43)) did not help.

Firmware of my Chrome Cast audio is 1.56.281627 (aka 2021 Dec 21 release - I am not sure when it was pushed to my Chrome Cast Audio (I suspect it was pushed overnight, before the failure)).
Can anyone confirm that it worked for anyone with Chrome Cast Audio firmware 1.56.281627 earlier? I am curious if update for all of us reporting here was pushed yesterday.

I am on Android 9.

Chrome Cast Audio works itself - I am able to cast media from Google Home app.

1 hour ago, Berg said:

am able to click "cast" in Power Amp
* Power Amp thinks it is casting (allows to click stop, to control volume)
* But there is no "Ding" connection sound from Chrome Cast audio as usual, and no output from Chrome Cast Audio
* After ~ 30-secs - 1 minute, Power Amp disconnects from Chrome Cast Audio, and Chrome Cast Audio makes a disconnection "Dong".

Exact description of my issue, thanks. 

I've grabbed hi fi cast app to tide me over till they sort this. 

@Berg looks like  chromecast can’t connect  to the phone:

- router has client isolation enabled

- phone has firewall or some setting/environment (e.g. vpn) preventing incoming connections

- some other network condition preventing chromecast device from connecting to the phone.

Stopped casting for me as well. General release Poweramp full version, 2020 Moto G Power, Android 11. Google/Android did something, because Poweramp didn't just update and it's been working fine since the Jan 12 update.

I suspect Google has changed something server-side. Or there's a fairly recent update to the Google app (13.8.11.23.arm64, dated 4 March) which might be the issue. It's presumably not a change in Poweramp anyway, as even people still using build 925 are experiencing this problem.

Andre

I use Chromecast Audio (into powered speakers) + Poweramp app to play the music files on my phone. Yesterday morning it was working fine (as it had always for 3 years) but in that afternoon, it suddenly stopped functioning.

By "stopped functioning" I mean:

1. I tap the Chromecast icon on the main screen
  2. I select Chromecast Audio device as cast destination
  3. The Chromecast icon changes to "connected" state (Usually I can almost immediately start casting music at this point)
  4. After 1 minute, a notification sound comes from the speaker. The Chromecast icon changes back to "disconnected" state.
  5. Me sad.

Things I have tried so far:

• Turned off and on (to no avail) the...
    • phone
    • wifi router
    • Chromecast audio
    • Google home mini (just in case)
  • Tried casting to Google Home mini to see how that would go: The same phenomenon as Chromecast occurred (1 minute nothing then "disconnect")
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled Poweramp (and Unlocker): problem persisted
  • Tried mirrorcasting (Android's function that mirrors whatever sound your phone makes to Chromecast): this worked no problem.
  • Installed different music player apps that have Chromecast functionality and checked if Chromecasting worked on them:
    • PlayerPro: casting successful
    • HiFi Cast: casting successful
  • Installed Malwarebytes and did a full scan: nothing found

So, as far as I can tell, Chromecasting via Poweramp is the only thing that seems to have a problem.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could suggest anything I could further check or try.

edit: oops, I didn't think this was a bug so I didn't check bug reports. Thank you for moving the topic.

Edited by Marim0

@Berg  It's not just the ChromeCast Audio with this problem .  I have a Chromecast Audio, Two Riva Arena speakers and a Pioneer AV receiver with Chromecast bulit in . Poweramp is failing to cast to any of these devices both individually, or when all in a multiroom Home Group. The HiFi Cast app succeeds with no problems

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

I suspect Google has changed something server-side. Or there's a fairly recent update to the Google app (13.8.11.23.arm64, dated 4 March) which might be the issue. It's presumably not a change in Poweramp anyway, as even people still using build 925 are experiencing this problem.

Andre

I have the same issue with older Google App 12.22.8.23.arm64

P.S. I have latest Google Home App (2.48.1.9). Can it be causing it?

Edited by Berg

16 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Berg looks like  chromecast can’t connect  to the phone:

- router has client isolation enabled

- phone has firewall or some setting/environment (e.g. vpn) preventing incoming connections

- some other network condition preventing chromecast device from connecting to the phone.

- There were no changes done on my router or network.

- No settings changed on phone (I sometimes use VPN and I am aware that it does not cast with VPN on). Might be only Google Home App updated (I have 2.48.1.9, don't know when it was updated). Google App itself is old version 12.22.8.23.arm64

- Other apps like Hi Fi Cast are able to cast Chrome Cast Audio (not sure if router/network/phone can isolate only one specific app from casting and not the whole protocol)

I suspect smth has changed on Google side, and addressed a bug/issue Power Amp was relying on.

Edited by Berg

41 minutes ago, kdhuk said:

@Berg  It's not just the ChromeCast Audio with this problem .  I have a Chromecast Audio, Two Riva Arena speakers and a Pioneer AV receiver with Chromecast bulit in . Poweramp is failing to cast to any of these devices both individually, or when all in a multiroom Home Group. The HiFi Cast app succeeds with no problems

Have you updated Google Home App recently? Just trying to isolate the cause.