YAPS goes where no other skin has gone before

21 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@e2m I do not know why it should behave like this. When you uninstalled the skin, did you select another and run Poweramp again? This would ensure a reset of yaps settings 

That is what I did; however, uninstalling YAPS does not erase its settings, it seems.  As soon as I reinstall YAPS and enable it as a skin in Poweramp, it looks exactly like I had it set up before, which means it is pulling in old settings.  Do I need to first click "Restore Defaults" before uninstalling YAPS?

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

@andrewilley it looks like they moved into a different container . They reappear when set to 0. Their position looks like default Poweramp. The furthest I am able to move it down is 37 where they start to disappear

I will experiment with some negative values to see if they move up

image.png.1f5bf1f07ebd2064582d0f7a83666124.png

Update:

negative values appear to work. I will re adjust the scale

image.png.705f13d43cf3a8a8060759129965b9d2.png

18 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

as i explain in the release notes, first move the buttons and waveseek up, then lower the elaps and duration times.

Sorry, still doesn't seem to have worked. I moved everything back to my desired layout, but the metadata line is still cropped at the bottom edge (regardless of how far down I move the navbar)

image.png

Andre

@flyingdutchman Yes, by moving the metadata up it is fine, and moving down makes it worse. I'm sure there's some sort of container edge or bounding box at the point, if the meta item goes any lower the content disappears.

Vertical 84:
image.png

Vertical 85:
image.png

Vertical 86:
image.png

Oh, and looking very closely when magnified, for the symbol box on the left (containing the speaker icon in this case) the background seems lighter than the rest of the text box - probably two individual opacities overlaying and multiplying? Trivial, but not quite as expected.

Andre

I've always said that YAPS is kind of the Swiss Army Kinfe of skins. It can be set up almost any way you like, and has more options than you can shake a whole branch at, never mind a stick. But out of the box it is perhaps not the prettiest thing until you start configuring it.

It does bother me slightly that having defined your perfect layout almost down to the last pixel, just one update can wreck it and require you to move stuff around again.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

@andrewilley I noted your remark in the long/short press on line2 (album/artist) not working for YAPS. I checked this out and found that when you move this away from the albumart, it no longer works. When it is over albumart, it behaves as intended. I know there is an invisibe albumart container and I think this functionaity requires it. By moving it outside this container it can no longer work. Perhaps  I can find a workaround

21 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

checked this out and found that when you move this away from the albumart, it no longer works. When it is over albumart, it behaves as intended.

It does still seem to work with both of the default skins when they are set to use Alternative Layout, which places the text away from the album art (see my screenshot in the other thread) so I'm guessing there must be a solution tucked away in there somewhere. :)

Andre