Poweramp beta build-795

maxmp

I really appreciate the 5 stars rating, thanks for hearing us!

However it seems to ignore the rating the files already have set in their metadata. Would it be possible to implement this as well? And save the rating of poweramps star rating in the meta as well? This was the main reason I wanted stars back ?

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, noremac said:

I would love the option to view an artist's albums sorted by year after doing a search. Having a lot of artists means I often search up a name to get to their stuff but at the moment it seems "all artist songs" is the only option.

It would make more sense for the search to be based on the current list and sort order, but in the meantime I would suggest:

Library > Artists

Use the right side quick scroll to find the artist

And set your Artist Albums List Order "by year"

13 hours ago, arr_stargazer said:

Hello, Galaxy S4 mini i9195 I use Lineage OS 15.1 (8.1) in non-official version and the high resolution works for me in the 790 version 

790 did not properly check if High-Res was actually available on a device, so it could just as easily be outputting at standard definition even if you selected the High Res mode.

Andre

7 hours ago, Martin Medrano said:

Do you know where I can get a visualization similar to one that is called babylon warp resurrection. Sorry for the bad screenshot. Also do you know any good reverb settings. 

Google "milkdrop preset" and see what you can find. As for Reverb, the best setting is 'Off' in my opinion - if the artist or mixing engineer had wanted reverb on their work, they would have added it. 

Andre

1 hour ago, BetaUser0815 said:

I really appreciate the 5 stars rating, thanks for hearing us!

However it seems to ignore the rating the files already have set in their metadata. Would it be possible to implement this as well? And save the rating of poweramps star rating in the meta as well? This was the main reason I wanted stars back ?

PA does not import or export ratings to/from files, it is an internal rating system only. Max seems very reluctant to implement the use of external file data as it is not fully compatible across all file types, and could be time-consuming to re-write the data back to a file (which might interrupt playback).

You might want to try the New Playlist Manager app from one of the users here ( @flyingdutchman ) though , as that allows you to do just what you have asked by reading and writing the POPM tag to most common file types.

Andre

11 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

790 did not properly check if High-Res was actually available on a device, so it could just as easily be outputting at standard definition even if you selected the High Res mode.

Andre

Exactly. Galaxy s4 and s4 mini both lack high resolution audio hardware. 

23 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

PA does not import or export ratings to/from files, it is an internal rating system only. Max seems very reluctant to implement the use of external file data as it is not fully compatible across all file types, and could be time-consuming to re-write the data back to a file (which might interrupt playback).

You might want to try the New Playlist Manager app from one of the users here ( @flyingdutchman ) though , as that allows you to do just what you have asked by reading and writing the POPM tag to most common file types.

Andre

Is that why my ratings from itunes don't show up on Poweramp?  I keep posting about this but nobody responds.   Rocket Player uses the ratings and Playerpro and Jet Audio also uses those.  one of them lets you select which ratings such as iSyncr which is what i use.   i never use the internal ratings with Poweramp because that's tedious.   i already rate on itunes why do it again everytime i sync to Poweramp.  it's majorly disappointing.   does anyone else on here use iSyncr?  I've been using it since 2012 and keep waiting for the ratings to work with Poweramp and here it's 2018 and max still hadn't fixed it so it will.  Playerpro has all these rating systems:  Playerpro, iSyncr, Windows Media Player, Winamp, and MediaMonkey.   So if it works for Playerpro why can't Poweramp also have these options?

6 minutes ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

Is that why my ratings from itunes don't show up on Poweramp? 

As I said above, Poweramp does not read any external rating information from other sources, not even from tags in the song files. Nor does it write ratings back to file tags, it is purely an internal database function. New Playlist Manager can do this though,  so have a look at it and see if it helps you. As you say, other apps seem to be able to do it fine natively, so I can only repeat Max's previous comments on the subject.

Andre

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

As I said above, Poweramp does not read any external rating information from other sources, not even from tags in the song files. Nor does it write ratings back to file tags, it is purely an internal database function. New Playlist Manager can do this though,  so have a look at it and see if it helps you. As you say, other apps seem to be able to do it fine natively, so I can only repeat Max's previous comments on the subject.

Andre

thanks., i was just looking at that app but it costs money and not sure if i want to spend money without trying it out . the free one doesn't advertise the ratings .

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

Poweramp tagreader can read some ratings, the problem ratings are not defined for many formats at all - basically, well defined only for mp3 id3v2 and mp4. Some other formats like flac / ogg / ape can contain various rating tags defined by encoding / PC playing software, those ratings don't match in both name and value (https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Tag_Mapping / etc.).

Also modifying (writing tag) files just for rating change is generally a bad idea.

Some rating sync. is still possible (e.g. batch sync. via settings), but again, it will never work perfectly for most formats as receiving end of such ratings (other players) won't understand ratings written by Poweramp with high probability.

On 9/2/2018 at 6:05 AM, Mr. Make Believe said:

Thnx for the tip! I also have a lot of CDs. (2000+) they are all organized in a orderly manner where every track should have its own file. It would be a hell of job to re-encode them. Working with cue files makes them gapless but database wise, search wise, etc. It is not ideal.

Since the silence is added to the MP3 (sort of) the decoder can remove this gapp and with the cut silence feature Poweramp did a pretty decent job on true gapless concept albums and live recordings.

It would be great if Max could bring back this feature

Is someone able to give any feedback on Gapless on Mot G5? Most "Gapless" players fail as they use the phone's engine, and on the G5 this is rubbish.  All 2.x versions of PA are fine, the only other player that also seems to be OK s "GoneMad",  I'm reluctant to move to any PA 3 version until it is a bit more stable and the text over the covers can be removed (OK a VERY small niggle, but as 2.x was close to perfect (for me) things like this become more important)

3 hours ago, djdarko said:

It would make more sense for the search to be based on the current list and sort order, but in the meantime I would suggest:

Library > Artists

Use the right side quick scroll to find the artist

And set your Artist Albums List Order "by year"

I do that already, I just get a little lazy having ~500 different artists to scroll through. I think it's unfortunate that searching an artist's name doesn't fetch me their discography in chronological order like it did before the huge update.

(I think what I'm wanting is the same as what you mentioned. I already have the album lists sorted by year, I just want to be able to get there by quickly typing the artist name into search)

Do you think the new version of the theme will be released in the long run? Can the theme developers offer up-to-date updates in the future, maybe soon. Maybe some of these developers can be notified by email and provide the code for the new themes. Today, there are many themes for Poweramp version 2 on Google Play, and most themes are developed by a team. If you can tell these teams, many old version themes will also be available in the new version.

2 hours ago, Mrmahdi said:

Do you think the new version of the theme will be released in the long run? Can the theme developers offer up-to-date updates in the future, maybe soon. Maybe some of these developers can be notified by email and provide the code for the new themes. Today, there are many themes for Poweramp version 2 on Google Play, and most themes are developed by a team. If you can tell these teams, many old version themes will also be available in the new version.

Would be good idea if PA had a get skins link in skins setting to Play Store for the new skins, if I remember V2 had it.

1 hour ago, fullmetal_soldier said:

@maxmp There's a problem with the output when connected to Bluetooth devices. Even though I'm connected to a Bluetooth device, the output is in speaker settings. Thank you.

I'm using a Moto X4

IMG_20180903_191005_162.jpg

It's happenning the same here. I'm using a Moto Z2 Force, with stock Android Oreo.

In my other Moto Z (the 2016 one) it works flawless. 

so i have this problem. whatever song i played (this time is john mayer's), on the bottom there always showing the wrong song, usually that song which is the first song in my All Songs, sometimes it's showing other wrong song, and i also can't tap it to send me to the main ui. this is the second time it's happen to me, the first time i restart my phone and it back to normal, but this time restarting didn't help. thank you

Screenshot_2018-09-03-23-02-33-598_com.alensw.PicFolder.thumb.png.88596e59067456dfd0d2557184b9b9cd.png

Archived