Poweramp beta build-795

maxmp

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Max, and thank you for the update and for improving my own most desirable feature with 5-start rating :)

But let me know how to customize the rating position in list, as it's different on my device (from your screenshots).

Thanks in advance :) 

Screenshot_20180901-114018.jpg

2 hours ago, Haruki98 said:

I have a problem with my widgets, when i play music and open my notification bar and i then return to the main screen it stop to work.

In adittion when I use the visualiation an then disable it the image cover blur just minimize.

P.d: Thanks for the wonderful update, I know there still things to do but I am so happy with the improve in the design

Yes, widget stops.

13 minutes ago, Yogiespe1 said:

Cannot change theme?? 

I download from playstore the theme

Where site to download theme for beta version?

Screenshot_2018-09-01-16-25-22-895_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Haven't you been reading the posts above by max, 3rd party skins aren't released yet, those that you downloaded are obviously for v2 of PA

1 hour ago, Arutemu said:

Hi Max, and thank you for the update and for improving my own most desirable feature with 5-start rating :)

But let me know how to customize the rating position in list, as it's different on my device (from your screenshots).

Rating is to the right in List - Compact zoom level. I think I will move rating (stars) to the right for other list modes.

@sparsa Google ROMs have no Snapdragon patches for hi-res, so Google Android devices don't support hi-res on wired headset on stock rom unfortunately (they do support it on USB DACs and BT). This includes Pie. As for other OEMs, I guess their Pie variants will include hi-res patches (as this is an advertised feature for many devices, e.g. S8/S9 or LGs V series).

8 hours ago, djdarko said:

Check this out:

You can apparently override the system. This should make using custom images much easier in the long run.

[BACKUP YOUR CUSTOM IMAGES BEFORE DOING THE FIRST STEP - THIS WILL PROBABLY OVERRIDE WHAT YOU HAVE SELECTED]

In Album Art Settings, set Download Artist Images: ON

Find this folder in your system:

\Android\data\_com.maxmpz.audioplayer\artist_art

You will see any artist images Poweramp has downloaded here.

Place your artist images here, make sure they are named exactly as the band name, example: U2.jpg , Shawn Mendes.jpg etc.

Note: I believe the files must be JPG, I tried PNG and it didn't work.

Thank you very much. I could not get the download artist images in the settings to do anything at all. There is nothing in that folder at all after enabling it and rescan. Probably because I have every artist already set already or set on no image and what I found right after probably explains why it didn't work.

I went into the folder you listed \Android\data\_com.maxmpz.audioplayer and there is another folder in there called \selected_artist and there I saw all my images I selected from gallery AND the blanks. So I copied one of the jpg's that I had an artist set to blank and renamed it U2.jpg and YAY U2 has no image anymore. I then sent NF.jpg from my computer and now I have a NF logo! I didn't have to rescan or anything, it just worked instantly! 1st Priority must be for a picture in either of those folders.

This is another easier way to manage photos. Thank you!

Screenshot_20180901-074052.png

@maxmpнашел баг, если кнопкой переключения альбомов переключить раз ~10 вперед или назад (неважно куда), сначала перестает отображаться обложка, а через 5-7 секунд плеер вылетает. Отправлял лог на почту, но пришел ответ что ящик переполнен. На всех предыдущих версиях так можно было хоть всю дискографию пролистать и плеер работал прекрасно

Screenshot_2018-09-01-14-40-27.jpg

Hi @maxmp

Thanks you for your hardwork. I use the paid version for 4 years, and the beta one for 1-2 years (since it is released). It is impossible to find an equivalent to such an excellent player on Android. 

The new version is absolutely amazing, thanks you also for the 5 stars rating system back. 

Nothing to add to that excellent job,but same problem than @mr_space although it doesn't annoy that much. (just aesthetic) 

I noticed how the French translations have been enhanced in that new version, thanks you so much! 

Screenshot_20180901-140051~2.png

After years of using a cracked Poweramp version, today I bought a copy of it. I think it's already perfect. What I miss is only one option: "always try to match track's resolution". Can you implement such an option so we don't go and manually change the output resolution every time we load different albums with different resolution? Do this and don't call it beta anymore. :) Cheers!

7 hours ago, 4pj4 said:

2. I liked to set album art zoom in PA v2 to about 75-80%. v3 doesn't have that option yet, any plans to have this ? 

I actually have the opposite request, I set my artwork zoom to about 105% to better fill the screen without leaving too much wasted border space (I do the same in my Android home-screens, via Nova Launcher). So I'd like the Zoom feature back too, but for the opposite reason to you. :)

Andre

24 minutes ago, mahalata said:

What I miss is only one option: "always try to match track's resolution". Can you implement such an option so we don't go and manually change the output resolution every time we load different albums with different resolution?

While technologically possible, following limitations / issues arise from this approach:

- not possible to do a crossfade between songs
- up to few seconds delay between tracks due to Android audio subsystem / hardware re-setup
- on many devices - loud pop when audio system changes frequency

And final:

- the hardware always operates on higher possible frequency anyway, your audio is always resampled to very high sampling rate and 1-2-3-4 bits resolution (Delta Sigma DAC)

25 minutes ago, mahalata said:

After years of using a cracked Poweramp version, today I bought a copy of it. I think it's already perfect. What I miss is only one option: "always try to match track's resolution". Can you implement such an option so we don't go and manually change the output resolution every time we load different albums with different resolution? Do this and don't call it beta anymore. :) Cheers!

I say Max should give you what you've asked for as soon as you provide your real name,  phone number and address to send the lawsuit to for openly admitting stealing from him. (I'm 34.3% joking)

1 minute ago, maxmp said:

While technologically possible, following limitations / issues arise from this approach:

- not possible to do a crossfade between songs
- up to few seconds delay between tracks due to Android audio subsystem / hardware re-setup
- on many devices - loud pop when audio system changes frequency

And final:

- the hardware always operates on higher possible frequency anyway, your audio is always resampled to very high sampling rate and 1-2-3-4 bits resolution (Delta Sigma DAC)

Thank you for your reply! This is interesting. However, I don't understand why not make it in the following way:

Poweramp loads a song - the song is 96kHz - Poweramp automatically changes the output resolution to 96kHz.

Next time when another song is loaded, which is 44.1kHz, Poweramp automatically changes the output resolution to 44.1kHz.

I mean, it would be the same as if we go and change it ourselves in the options. Which is in fact buried very deep into the settings. 

4 minutes ago, rawintellect said:

I say Max should give you what you've asked for as soon as you provide your real name,  phone number and address to send the lawsuit to for openly admitting stealing from him. (I'm 34.3% joking)

And he could prove that I wasn't joking? ;)

Archived