Poweramp beta build-795

maxmp

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/1/2018 at 6:11 PM, andrewilley said:

Cut Silence may not have been 100% accurate (as some 'silences' are not pure digital-zero) but it's a lot better for gapless playback than not having it at all.

Andre

In Version 2, with Cut Silence on, Audio Buffer Size of +750mm, and Audio Thread Priority of +1, gapless works perfectly.  Audio Buffer and Audio Thread are no longer options with version 3, either.  Sure wish this is brought back on version 3.

6 hours ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

Just to inform @maxmp in case he is jumping in to investigating the gapless playback issue. 

When Hi-Res aswell as crossfade with non-gapless files are activated Poweramp sometimes plays gapless MP3 files perfectly gapless. For some reason it doesn't work all the time. I treid to figure out when it does work and when it doesn't. It seems to work when the file after the file that's being played is allready loaded before after opening Poweramp. For example: when I open Poweramp and start playing a gapless album for the first time, none of the songs play gapless. But if I play the album for the second time, so after Poweramp played (parts) of all the songs before, gapless works perfect.

To reproduces this, simply play the second song of a gapless album first (for example Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory - 02 - Overture 1928) for a couple of seconds and after that play the first song (Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory - 01 - Regression). It will play gapless perfectly from the first song to the second song. But when you just start playing the first song after opening Poweramp for the first time it will not play into the second song without a gapp. 

So the problem seems to be that in order to let Poweramp play an album gapless, it should load the next song before the song that's being played ends. I hope you can add/fix this. 

Thanx for your hard work.  

@Kingog Since you're looking for gapless playback as well, can you confirm this theory?

12 minutes ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

@Kingog Since you're looking for gapless playback as well, can you confirm this theory?

When I just select 'Cut Silence', there was still a slight gap between songs.  I then fiddled with the Audio Buffer and Audio Thread, not knowing exactly how they work, but guessing they have something to do with reading ahead in a music file.  I just happened upon those two values to achieve no perceived gap.  If you still have version 2, I'd encourage you to try it and let me know what you find.

1 hour ago, Kingog said:

When I just select 'Cut Silence', there was still a slight gap between songs.  I then fiddled with the Audio Buffer and Audio Thread, not knowing exactly how they work, but guessing they have something to do with reading ahead in a music file.  I just happened upon those two values to achieve no perceived gap.  If you still have version 2, I'd encourage you to try it and let me know what you find.

Thnx for the reply. Gapless worked fine on V2 for me. In the post I quoted I tried to discribe the behaviour of V3 regarding gapless playback and was wondering if you can reproduce this so Max has something to work with and make v3 true gapless. As you mentioned I too believe it has something to do with pre loading the next file in the audio buffer. If you're on V3, can you check my theory?

On 9/3/2018 at 6:08 PM, Shiroo16 said:

so i have this problem. whatever song i played (this time is john mayer's), on the bottom there always showing the wrong song, usually that song which is the first song in my All Songs, sometimes it's showing other wrong song, and i also can't tap it to send me to the main ui. this is the second time it's happen to me, the first time i restart my phone and it back to normal, but this time restarting didn't help. thank you

Screenshot_2018-09-03-23-02-33-598_com.alensw.PicFolder.thumb.png.88596e59067456dfd0d2557184b9b9cd.png

Same problem on HTC U11   Problem solved ! Clear cache in recovery mode .

One problem remain.When I'm connected to a bluetooth device, the output is in speaker settings so it is not  Hi Rez. When I stop the bluetooth connection the music plays for a split of second on phone's speakers.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

Thnx for the reply. Gapless worked fine on V2 for me. In the post I quoted I tried to discribe the behaviour of V3 regarding gapless playback and was wondering if you can reproduce this so Max has something to work with and make v3 true gapless. As you mentioned I too believe it has something to do with pre loading the next file in the audio buffer. If you're on V3, can you check my theory?

I couldn't find any settings on V3 that produced gapless.  Cut Silence, Audio Buffer and Audio Thread are not available in V3 for some reason.  I reverted back to V2.

23 hours ago, sandspiegel1 said:

Anybody has problems with their headset controls? I have 3 buttons on my headset and the only ones working are for volume up and down. If I press the pause/play button instead pausing the current song, Spotify starts playing and Poweramp is pushed to the background. 

I also use GravityBox with my OnePlus 3 to get the feature where I can long press and hold volume up or down while the screen is off to change tracks. This worked flawlessly with Poweramp V2 and also works with Spotify but with Poweramp V3 it doesn't have any effect anymore (still works with Spotify but not with Poweramp V3).

Salu2,

yo en ALP-L09C432B150(8.0.0)Stock lo unico que no trabaja bien es el control de bajar (-) volumen con la pantalla apagada o bloqueada, encendida y lo demas si trabaja bien, los auriculares son Hi-Res™ usb-c esto esta pasando desde la primera beta..

I in ALP-L09C432B150 (8.0.0) Stock The only thing that does not work well is the control to lower (-) volume with the screen off or locked, on and the rest if you work well, the headphones are Hi-Res ™ USB-C This is happening since the first beta..

3 hours ago, angel060490 said:

The queue doesn't start after finish the currently song as the option says

3 hours ago, Rabangus said:

Confirmed. Same for me.

You aren't playing in 'Shuffle All' mode are you? That seems to override the queue from working at the moment.

Andre

I have a LG V10 T-Mobile variant on Nougat 7.0 and all the builds except the 792 preview beta Hi Res will not work. I have 96 24 and 192 24 bit music FLAC and just downloaded beta build 795 uni pak and HI Res will not activate. This is frustrating can somebody please help me with this as to why it's not working? 

Archived