Poll: Where should the Title/Artist/Album wording be displayed - overlaid over Cover Art or below it?

andrewilley

Where should the Title/Artist/Album wording be displayed?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the Title/Artist/Album wording be displayed - overlaid over Cover Art or below it?

• It's great just the way it is, no need to change anything
    • It's fine where it is, but I'd prefer the boxes to use the current colour scheme and have rounded corners to match the overall theme
    • I would prefer a user-selectable option to allow the wording to be displayed underneath the cover art rather than obscuring it (for example, at the bottom of the scrolling navigation bar area)
    • I'd definitely like the option to display the wording below the cover art, but if the user does choose the overlaid boxes mode then they should match the overall theme & colour scheme - i.e. both (2) and (3) above
    • I really hate it, I want to see just the cover artwork without ever having it obscured by overlaid text

1 minute ago, MortTheBeast said:

1982.. 15 yrs old... sprawled out on the living room floor with my headphones on, listening to Ozzy Osbourne's Mr. Crawley/You Said It All/Suicide Solution on picture vinyl off one of those big console record/am radio consoles.  Them were the days.

I'm too young. I've never owned a vinyl in my whole life. I know they still make them, I don't want them anyways. I prefer CDs.

But I still treasure the highest quality of the digital covers I can find. Vinyl scans of that period though… I hate that. Those albums never had a fully digital version of the cover to begin with. They're always scans, never enough quality. Kate Bush comes to mind, her first album with a digital cover was Aerial, all her previous albums only have scans for the covers now.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great thing which is missing about albumart is the albumart zoom option

At previous versions Poweramp users could adjust the albumart zoom to fit completely to phones screen in the setting menue from the albumart setting part 

But now at this new version and its new skin this option is missing too

On 8/15/2018 at 12:08 AM, aortomus said:

Would love to have the option for it to look something like this (keeping the other buttons available as optional should I wish to see them). 

Artwork matters.

rsz_1maxresdefault_1.jpg

Nice design but no thanks we already have Blackplayer EX & don't need another one at the moment

On 5/8/2018 at 10:55 AM, andrewilley said:

A lot of people in the main discussion thread for build 790 have been saying that they don't like the way that Title/Artist/Album text is currently overlaid in solid black boxes obscuring the lower-left of the album artwork. This occurs in both the main Player Screen and also in Grid View library lists. I thought a poll might be interesting to crystallise those views, and gauge what the overall userbase really thinks - maybe the majority are happy just the way it is?

For clarity, we're talking about the black boxes containing the wording "Breakfast in America" and "The Very Best of Supertramp" in this sample image:

Screenshot_2018-05-08-09-28-49.png

This is not binding of course, but it'd be interesting to see the results.

Andre

Hello Andre,

I think that on the light theme, everything should be black on white boxes, this concerns both title and artist, three dots menu, time played and remaining, Play/Pause button, etc.

Stefano

23 minutes ago, dun198 said:

Love the new design (besides some tweaks that could be made) and really looking forward to the theming support.

Here's a quick concept I made without the title overlaying the cover:

643376612_Powerampv3concept.thumb.png.620be256d11c494bff75758435f237d6.png

album cover source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/733875701748769636

Yes, this. Exactly.

Went back to 702/3 because of it. Will stay there or find an alternative suggested here.

2 hours ago, dun198 said:

Love the new design (besides some tweaks that could be made) and really looking forward to the theming support.

Here's a quick concept I made without the title overlaying the cover:

643376612_Powerampv3concept.thumb.png.620be256d11c494bff75758435f237d6.png

album cover source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/733875701748769636

You're missing five buttons and the duration and you rounded off the corners of the cover. Other than that your pin-up looks much cleaner than the pseudo-material look we have now, and it's actually pleasing to look at, unlike the current design which makes me want to close the app as soon as possible.

8 hours ago, null said:

You're missing five buttons and the duration and you rounded off the corners of the cover. Other than that your pin-up looks much cleaner than the pseudo-material look we have now, and it's actually pleasing to look at, unlike the current design which makes me want to close the app as soon as possible.

Thanks for the feedback.

Did two other variations with some missing functionality added. The "more" button could just be a long press on the Title or something like that.
Also, I think having visualization as another tab/page on the bottom could work quite well (as seen in the second image).
This means you have complete freedom for designing the visualization interface (instead of just being an overlay) and easily switch back and forth.

Fixed_Theme_2.png    Floating_Theme_2.png

More feedback is very much appreciated!
Maybe I'll make a real theme once the documentation is released.

14 minutes ago, dun198 said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Did two other variations with some missing functionality added. The "more" button could just be a long press on the Title or something like that.
Also, I think having visualization as another tab/page on the bottom could work quite well (as seen in the second image).
This means you have complete freedom for designing the visualization interface (instead of just being an overlay) and easily switch back and forth.

Oh, I had hidden the like-dislike buttons, I had forgotten about those.

I actually meant the skip track/skip list buttons, I use those all the time. It's alright to swipe the cover for that but at first glance you wouldn't know you can do that.

3 hours ago, null said:

Oh, I had hidden the like-dislike buttons, I had forgotten about those.

I actually meant the skip track/skip list buttons, I use those all the time. It's alright to swipe the cover for that but at first glance you wouldn't know you can do that.

3 hours ago, dun198 said:

Thanks for the feedback.

i really like these, especially the first one in the qouted post (four button bar, timer and vis in the corners).  the audio bars are too spaced out, i liked the 790 spacing.

the skip buttons can be on the edges of the screen where the seek bar comes in and fades out.  maybe bracket looking icons.

On 8/25/2018 at 4:40 PM, maxmp said:

Sample Skin screenshots:

7.jpg  

Given the overwhelming support for avoiding obscuring album artwork (as voted by about 84% of users in the poll above) I do wonder if this skin option from @maxmp himself ought to be basis for the app's default layout as far as the title boxes go? 

Andre

I'm starting to like the new UI, but I have a major problem that's disturbing me!

The Artist Tag is shown after the Album Name, but I really want to have those two switched, so it would be like:

? (album art)

[Song Title]

[Interpret  -  Album Name]...

not like in screenshot number one

and also what about letting the Tags autoscroll when it's in "drop down" ->2nd screenshot

oh I see there are more with the same question, thanks for reading this anyways :)

Screenshot_20180901-125847.jpg

Screenshot_20180901_130819.jpg

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Given the overwhelming support for avoiding obscuring album artwork (as voted by about 84% of users in the poll above) I do wonder if this skin option from @maxmp himself ought to be basis for the app's default layout as far as the title boxes go? 

Andre

This sample skin is fabulous it gives us an idea about how the upcoming skins gonna looks but I have few questions, even though most probably I'm going to use the new design with modern waveform

1. What if the song name is bigger I love 90s Bollywood music & they usually have bigger title than showing above like "Pyaar toh hona hi tha" with multiple artists name bellow like "Kumar Sanu, Alka Yagnik" etc etc

How it's gonna look does it overlaps the ratings?

2. Second thing is those black boxes around song title & ratings will they change according album art or at least some sort of gradient colours?

3. Can I disable these physical buttons from control panel below and use new waveform with gesture controls?

21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

Hi Andre and Max, can we have that sample skin, please so we can load it to v795? I am no developer, hence can it be downloaded like an apk or something? TIA.

I must add that in grid medium size folders this annoying wording takes half of the cover... and in the small one... well, almost no cover...

Does not look good idea to cover the cover when cover is made to be displayed... insnt it?

Im back to alpha until this is solved.

Thanx for your effort in this almost perfect payer.

Sorry i forgot to mention that also round corners on covers... welll... They are square normally, why change it to round? I know is kind of fashion nowadays, but new styles not always are best.

Just opinion, i prefer them to be like LP CD covers, never are round...

Keep the good work!!

On 8/24/2018 at 8:23 AM, dun198 said:

Thanks for the feedback.

You should seriously release these as themes, i would pay money for these, they look stunning! Especially the first one.

The only thing i would change about it is the order of the 'Shuffle', 'Repeat' and scoring/rating system to the one we have on v2(from left to right: Repeat - Score/Rating - Shuffle).

Archived