Poll: Where should the Title/Artist/Album wording be displayed - overlaid over Cover Art or below it?

andrewilley

Where should the Title/Artist/Album wording be displayed?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the Title/Artist/Album wording be displayed - overlaid over Cover Art or below it?

• It's great just the way it is, no need to change anything
    • It's fine where it is, but I'd prefer the boxes to use the current colour scheme and have rounded corners to match the overall theme
    • I would prefer a user-selectable option to allow the wording to be displayed underneath the cover art rather than obscuring it (for example, at the bottom of the scrolling navigation bar area)
    • I'd definitely like the option to display the wording below the cover art, but if the user does choose the overlaid boxes mode then they should match the overall theme & colour scheme - i.e. both (2) and (3) above
    • I really hate it, I want to see just the cover artwork without ever having it obscured by overlaid text

The new design on top of the artwork is annoying. It really looks cheap, almost like a pop-up ad you'd see on a website.

And as noted it does not scroll so long album/song names are cut off.

The info on the bottom on the previous version was good. Put that info back to where it was on the bottom with scrolling or give the option where to place it.

In the meantime, can we go back to V2 until this gets resolved?

Tried an old apk and it wouldn't allow me to install it.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, aortomus said:

The new design on top of the artwork is annoying. It really looks cheap, almost like a pop-up ad you'd see on a website.

The info on the bottom on the previous version was good. Put that info back to where it was on the bottom with scrolling or give the option where to place it.

Old APK works if you deinstall Poweramp

5 hours ago, aortomus said:

fist you must uninstall currant installed Poweramp & install v2 apk

I just updated via Play Store to latest beta. I'm happy overall, but this particular issue is very obnoxious and I'd really like to have my clean artwork back. I did kinda spend days in total to get the best versions of the front, disc and track album art where it was possible, and now I'm sad because it's getting covered by this design. I don't need the artwork to be rounded off or covered with text just because you want the play button to be the size of my thumb.

If this stays like this after the beta I'm going to be very angry. I'll take this in the meanwhile, but if it stays like this afterwards I'm parting ways with a negative review behind me and a bitter taste in my mouth from the silence. I did come here for the customization options after all, because all the options I wanted were there. If you're going to remove options please make sure they were trivial in the first place.

The album lists do look better now though. I still don't like how they're rounded off now but I approve of putting the text over the artwork in that case because it takes less space and is actually easier to look at, plus I only look at it a few seconds at a time.

Do reconsider the main screen customization options though. At least say something though, don't leave us waiting…

Yep, went back.

Artwork is not just some add-on (something lost in this digital age), it is a vital piece of the whole album and needs to be seen in full display. Why else have the hi-res option in the first place?

Like some of the new features although the play button taking up 1/4 of the screen is a bit much. Like the EQ look under it though wish that was a more detailed spectral from the track playing.

Willing to be patient but will not upgrade if this feature stays.

Are only those who purchased given this beta version for feedback or is this what is available to everyone?

4 minutes ago, aortomus said:

Artwork is not just some add-on, it is a vital piece of the whole album and needs to be seen in full display

Glad somebody else gets it.

5 minutes ago, aortomus said:

Are only those who purchased given this beta version for feedback or is this what is available to everyone?

It's an opt-in beta, but I'm not sure if it has demo functionality. I sure wouldn't have bought this app years back, though, if I had seen a thread like this back then.

53 minutes ago, null said:

Glad somebody else gets it.

Old school vinyl guy. Artwork matters. Otherwise, why have it at all?

Artwork 600x600 minimum embedded (OCD enough to spend hours finding it, down to a handful of albums I haven't been able to find that size).

Generally jpeg for file size but maybe someday will move to PNG (had one album cover that was 30MB for a PNG which added an extra 500MB when embedded which was larger than the transpose of the music!).

Envision someday projecting this onto a screen of some kind so why have crappy artwork that is missing, fuzzy or has something interfering with it.

Poweramp is my player as other players (thinking of the default Google player) limited the shuffle function to 10,000 songs.

This is a major minor deal, not sure anything else out there compares in functionality.

I voted for the option three, but in general I have no problem with this section and I think this version is more attractive than all previous versions. But there are still two problems that, if solved, there's really no problem with the program. The language of the program is better in version 792,793 than version 790, and now it works like in most languages, but it's a problem if you choose one of the languages other than English and many other languages that I did not try and your phone Rebooting the language The program returns to English This problem exists in the Persian language program, and from where it returns to English, then it probably happens in most languages, of course, there is not much trouble because the English program is fluid and appropriate and most We know, but finally, everyone wants to use a program with their own language. 2-skins need to be updated in the new version to apply to the program, which I hope will release the theme development code earlier so that we can use the theme in a different way after some years, after version 2, it is no longer able to use We are not the theme that is uncomfortable. But thanks in general, it seems to me that your efforts are getting bigger and I think the Bid 800 will be the 4th version of the program and the 790-792-793 version of the beta version 4 could be because it is completely different and better than version 2 and 3. Thank you very much for the powermax team, and hopefully see it as well.

Props to the sound improvements (build 793) in the equalizer, reverb & stereo sections.... very good work. Download artwork has always been the crown jewel.. now works much much better and is more accurate.
The song-info captions defacing said artwork are an abomination on par with the hideous notches appearing on some smartphones these days. The captions have to go, so please remove them, fast.  Also, too much clutter on the play screen. #worththewait

I agree with pretty much everyone else - the album art should be decluttered, and the current implementation of the text boxes looks a bit crude, almost like it's just a temporary placeholder ahead of the final presentation. It was good on the previous UI.

Certainly on a Galaxy S8 there is plenty of empty real estate to put the text.

But other than this, I think this new interface is very slick.

James 

Noticed too that oblong sizes are getting squared up and cutting off part of the cover. Think this may have been brought up but, man, this is irritating.

Hoping that because this is beta the developers are listening.

The audio changes are noticeable and improved but the artwork. The horror.

6 minutes ago, aortomus said:

Noticed too that oblong sizes are getting squared up and cutting off part of the cover.

What.

This is horrible! Some of my covers are rectangular instead of squared, so this is atrocious!

This is like how Android takes covers, stretches them into a square, and then crops them out in the shape of the screen to use them as the lockscreen wallpaper! OK it's not that bad but I kinda paid for this app so I think I have a right to whine about major regressions like these.

@maxmp whatever you change, make it optional, many love the UI just how it is now, It's very hard to fit everyone's preferences, for many years many complained about the app having an old UI, now that is updated, some are happy with it, some would do small changes, and others totally hate it, that's nothing new, we can see it all over the forum, hope all this doesn't bring you down, I know myself and would be epic pissed off for the reactions some people here have. 

56 minutes ago, KTOuy said:

no offense but this is a pointless request

Fair enough, let's just ignore all of the 318 people who voted otherwise ?

58 minutes ago, KTOuy said:

it looks good

It looks terrible…

59 minutes ago, KTOuy said:

unless you spend the entire song looking at the cover

It took me long enough to find all my covers for you to assume I don't look at it. Of course I don't stare at it the entire time but I do stare at it for like 30-40 seconds from time to time and this is very annoying.

1 hour ago, KTOuy said:

i rather see other things fixed

Again, let's ignore everybody else and fix what you want instead ?????

47 minutes ago, null said:

Fair enough, let's just ignore all of the 318 people who voted otherwise ?

It looks terrible…

It took me long enough to find all my covers for you to assume I don't look at it. Of course I don't stare at it the entire time but I do stare at it for like 30-40 seconds from time to time and this is very annoying.

Again, let's ignore everybody else and fix what you want instead ?????

yes there are things/requests that needs to be ignored to prioritize other important things, don't get me wrong i spend a lot as well getting the covers in order but.. call it annoying? i mean annoying is to purchase the app and not being able to use it due force close or not having hi-res to work, shuffle, or whatever thing is failling, lack of functionality is annoying, not having a box above the cover.

but it's my opinion.

12 minutes ago, KTOuy said:

but.. call it annoying? i mean annoying is to purchase the app and not being able to use it due force close or not having hi-res to work, shuffle, or whatever thing is failling, lack of functionality is annoying, not having a box above the cover

Had you listed anything that the stable didn't have I would have cared.

Actually, does the Play Store beta have any of these problems anyway?

14 minutes ago, KTOuy said:

but it's my opinion

You didn't need to invalidate our collective opinion to voice yours, yet you did it anyway. I reciprocated.

2 hours ago, null said:

Had you listed anything that the stable didn't have I would have cared.

Actually, does the Play Store beta have any of these problems anyway?

You didn't need to invalidate our collective opinion to voice yours, yet you did it anyway. I reciprocated.

yeah whatever

5 hours ago, KTOuy said:

no offense but this is a pointless request, first it looks good and unless you spend the entire song looking at the cover or trying to do things just in that spot, i rather see other things fixed.

Did anyone say they only want these options and didn't care about anything being fixed? I mean really? Wow! I can see you as a mechanic: "Ma'am, I skipped fixing your breaks, but I did shake out your dirty floor mats." And lets use your logic in a few other things in life...

1. Don't bother making your bed, cause it's just going to get messed up again.

2. Why flush the toilet, when you're just gonna have to flush it again next time.

3. Don't waste your money pimping out your car, because it's pointless, unless you're gonna stand outside of it and stare at it all the time.

4. Why do anything at all with your life, when eventually you're just gonna die.

SMH

Who here remembers the days of vinyl?

Projecting/mirroring the artwork onto a television or other screen is the digital version of this. 

To me it's no different than when there was a sticker stuck on the cover of your vinyl record.  Certainly not the end of the world and certainly not worth fighting about but it is annoying.

The order of displaying contents (song titles, album titles and artists) should be set by the user's flavors.

The option must be added to this player !

Right now, it is just so bad even I cannot read the artists name when an album title is longer than 20 characters :(.

And it is not scrolling ! lol 

Bad, such a bad update.

5 hours ago, aortomus said:

Who here remembers the days of vinyl?

1982.. 15 yrs old... sprawled out on the living room floor with my headphones on, listening to Ozzy Osbourne's Mr. Crawley/You Said It All/Suicide Solution on picture vinyl off one of those big console record/am radio consoles.  Them were the days.

Archived