Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off-topic requests for support on other products removed.

Max is not trying to "perfect" every little detail of v3 before the next beta release, he simply needs to make it work as a complete app. There's no point releasing a beta which does not function. Sadly that is taking a lot more time than even he expected, and those who wish to stay with Poweramp will just have to be patient and use the currently released versions until it's done.

Andre

2 hours ago, RockStar2005 said:

Bene, apparentemente no. Nel caso non l'avessi notato, ha mancato almeno alcune scadenze. C'è un sacco di persone infelici qui, persone che hanno pagato soldi anche per questa app. 

to be honest ... you paid for Poweramp ver 2 ... and this version exists and works well too. so all this frustration from where it comes from?

36 minutes ago, Ashishmurthy said:

Please provide the full screen album art and transparent buttons on it...

A lot of people asked for this over the years (it used to be an option in Poweramp v2) and I must admit I would prefer it too. However the latest sample photos of the new v3 beta-test interface (a few pages back in this thread) seem to be going in the opposite direction - for example the title and artist name are now overlaid in black boxes on top of the album art, along with even more overlaid buttons than before. Hopefully there will be options to control this, as I'm sure Max must be aware that people who want album art to be displayed tend to want it to be fully visible, but I really can't say for sure.

Andre

7 hours ago, RockStar2005 said:

Well apparently not. In case you haven't noticed, he's missed at least a few deadlines. There's a lot of unhappy people on here, people who paid money for this app too. 

Yeah they paid for this app, updates are free which you did not pay for.

If you aren't happy, go build your own app.

8 hours ago, BROKEN said:

If you aren't happy, go build your own app.

Actually, I would. Open source apps are awesome (totally not promoting Phonograph), it's just convenient and explicit: you can browse through the code to discern whether the author of the app plays tricks on you and do some fishy coding or not, henceforth enables you to contribute - something that could have accelerated the development of Poweramp dramatically. But no.

17 hours ago, andrewilley said:

A lot of people asked for this over the years (it used to be an option in Poweramp v2) and I must admit I would prefer it too. However the latest sample photos of the new v3 beta-test interface (a few pages back in this thread) seem to be going in the opposite direction - for example the title and artist name are now overlaid in black boxes on top of the album art, along with even more overlaid buttons than before. Hopefully there will be options to control this, as I'm sure Max must be aware that people who want album art to be displayed tend to want it to be fully visible, but I really can't say for sure.

Andre

Yeah Andre i like my album covers in full, not cropped or overlapped.

1 hour ago, crashjant said:

How did you decide that this guy should show something to someone? Enough to write any nonsense.

I think the point was that it's all too easy for people on the internet to feel in some way "entitled" to a new version of an app (they are not - any payments made are to allow use of the current version, anything else is a nice bonus) and that the "lazy dev" should somehow work harder and faster to meet their individual demands - at least 26 hours a day going by some of the comments here.

To which to answer was, if it's so easy and quick to write then why not do it yourself? Then it would be exactly as you want it and finished to your own timeline.

Andre

Okay, it would be nice to have an update after so long. But, there's nothing wrong w/ Max taking his time. He's a bit of a perfectionist, as I am myself. It's really hard to just throw something unfinished out there, especially when we're dealing w/ life. Plus, as it's been said before, it's not like he's charging us for it. He's taking time out of every day to make something nice for us and you guys are giving him shit for it. Be patient and stop acting as if you're entitled to your gift.

First of all, go make your own app if you want all the features you like. It's that simple. As a developer like max, I know how frustrating this can be. However, it is clear that @maxmp needs to communicate more with his customers. And as for people talking about updates being free, I don't think updates should be paid for. If you knew you were getting an obsolete or soon to be obsolete product, you wouldn't have bought it. I think being loyal to your customers is a required trait as a developer and I think @maxmp should communicate more with his customers and listen to opinions more openly. His last visit was last year, september. I think he should clearly work on that. Also, for people asking for ETAs and to meet deadlines, it's really hard to work by oneself as a developer (although I don't understand why @maxmp is working solo.. there should be many people to volunteer or get paid to work with him), and you should appreciate how much effort he's (probably) putting in to this application. You should really try making your own app from scratch if you still don't understand. I know we all want the next version fast, but we also want it bug-free and in a working condition. So for everyone out there, let's just wait for a few more weeks. And for @maxmp, I think you should release more in between beta/alpha builds to build trust with your customers. I hope everyone including @maxmp reads this. Well, all of the above is just a suggestion and not a requirement I'm setting to anyone, so.... Yeah.. Also, if you've read 'till here, I'm amused! :o

On 28/01/2018 at 1:13 PM, utahman1971 said:

I agree but this will not stop the whining. Need some cheese to add to this thread.

Some cheddar ETA which he can actually achieve will be enough so us mice wont be thinking it will be releasing  today everyday?

2 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

Some cheddar ETA which he can actually achieve will be enough so us mice wont be thinking it will be releasing  today everyday?

Yes, he is not going to release anything. It's just funny to hear, two years he can not do anything)) Hides, does not respond like a small child, I promise))

Archived