Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/01/2018 at 0:35 PM, Timmy Fox said:

Anyone remember LauncherPro? C:

Of course! I mentioned it here a few months ago. That was the biggest middle finger from an app developer in Android history that I can remember. I even bought his music player that never got updated beyond the first release version. What a dbag! Last I heard was that he was holidaying in Oz while blatantly lying about the LP rewrite. No one knows where he vanished since. King of abandonware - Fede Carnales.. lol

On 30/01/2018 at 0:54 AM, utahman1971 said:

Has anything been released after whining? Okay then. This is getting pathetic listening and reading this thread.

Don't listen or read then. Its a public forum and people have the right to voice their frustrations. Simple.

1 hour ago, spacebar2011 said:

Don't listen or read then. Its a public forum and people have the right to voice their frustrations. Simple.

There are still rules, this is a privately-run support forum not a public free-for-all. Voicing your concerns and discussing the situation is fine, but I draw the line when people start posting personal insults or profanity. 

Andre

Almost a year since first post and still going on without any beta release. Its cool. :wacko:

Fake promising feels like poison. And amazingly, peoples still waiting for it, include me. I hope PA will be released after earth goes to flat. 

Can it be that Poweramp is just a hobby for Max?

This is similar to Dr. Dre's "Detox" album, it was supposed to be released years ago. Is not it still today?

Soon comes Android P then V3 needs to be adjusted again.

I would even be willing to pay for V3. No problem if it accelerates the development.

Max can turn his hobby into a job and the community has to look for another job, because V3 would be out and people would not have to complain about it.

Poweramp V3 "Project Detox" developed with Dr. Dre

On 31.01.2018 at 10:01 AM, andrewilley said:

There are still rules, this is a privately-run support forum not a public free-for-all. Voicing your concerns and discussing the situation is fine, but I draw the line when people start posting personal insults or profanity. 

Andre

And why then do we need this forum, glorify the author and sing praises to him? Close it if you do not like the criticism. Do you even realize what is really going on? No self-respecting developer does that. Declare that the project is closed and deal with the end.

24 minutes ago, PeterFalk said:

And why then do we need this forum

As I said, this is a support forum for the Poweramp app, where people ask questions and get help with using the app. What part of that is unclear? This particular sub-forum (and thread) is solely to discuss and report issues with the test versions of v3 of the app. It is not for personal vendettas, slanging matches, insults against other users or the developer, rants, or anything else similar. If you don't like or agree with that then that's fine, you are welcome to leave if you prefer. 

Andre

10 hours ago, Draconican said:

A few days ago I've updated my Zenfone 3 to Android Oreo and the setting for the High Res Audio has disappeared. The app works properly, then again i miss listening music via high res output.  Wish Max good luck with his project and hopefully we'd be able to recieve the update sometime in the future. 

You are out of luck, like hundreds of users on this forum. Fallback to your former OS version, or grab another player. 

12 hours ago, Draconican said:

A few days ago I've updated my Zenfone 3 to Android Oreo and the setting for the High Res Audio has disappeared. The app works properly, then again i miss listening music via high res output.  Wish Max good luck with his project and hopefully we'd be able to recieve the update sometime in the future. 

ur on the wrong thread...

If u had searched the forum...there is other threads about the No high res audio option on Android O.  (notification control is also broke in 8.1. no fix for that)

There is a solution i found that worked for me in one of those threads. Ill see if i can find it and post a link

EDIT: 

12 hours ago, Sanket103 said:

It ain't coming soon

Might as well consider Poweramp to be like my Pebble watch.....it works, until it don't no more.  Its dead tech. No longer supported or being worked on.

The Android OS updates will break more and more functionality. Those of us with Pixel phones will be the first to suffer.

The only difference here is that the devs silence and lack of any development in over 2yrs is the notice that this an abandoned app. 

If u really really want to keep Poweramp as your main media player (as it is the damn best sounding one period!) ...

Keep an older device with 7..0 or 7.1 on it around and make that device a dedicated media player.

7 hours ago, daveaspec said:

a post by Max would suffice and everything would calm down. and it would also be respectful for Andre who is here alone to moderate our escandesciences

Andre really deserves my utmost respect and that is my absolute serious.

Guys like me ask questions that have been answered tens of times. Nevertheless, there is always an answer from Andre who seems to have an angel's patience.

Andre respect for you.

Poweramp is a "Legendary" music app. We are in a great mood and have been waiting for a long time.

Every now and then it happens that some of us lose patience and then let out their displeasure.

It often happens that the other one gets rid of the anger and anger of the people. Although he only acts as a buffer so that Max can concentrate completely on the development of the V3. Andre does a great job and that should be honored once.

Andre I would long ago have burst the collar and I do not think that there are many people, like you.

Despite all the bullying and level of loose posts, even from me, you still manage to keep calm and decent to answer without failing.

Honor to whom honor is due

Thread cleaned of abusive language posts.

If I could get Max to post something here I would. I've tried many times but he really does not seem to want to - however given a few of the posts that has been made here recently, can you blame him? 

Andre

32 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Thread cleaned of abusive language posts.

If I could get Max to post something here I would. I've tried many times but he really does not seem to want to - however given a few of the posts that has been made here recently, can you blame him? 

Andre

One could do. We've got to consider he did not care to post a word for the sake of brevity. For ages now. All the uproar has been caused with the ignorance. 

After all this time that has passed i came down to this, either Max has lost his interest in this and he dropped the project or, if he is really working on it, it is gonna be a finished, Apple like, " you have to like it how it is" product. Since he keeps all the progress secret

Just want to say V3 will come when it does. I know it's been a long wait but I know in the end given that Poweramp has been the best audio app on Android in my eyes that V3 will be worth the wait. The few screen shots posted recently has me pretty excited I like the new look. So thank you Max for the greatness Poweramp has been so far and V3 hopefully will keep the greatness going. And thank you Andre for being a great mod on these forums.

I can't complain much as the current version works mostly fine

my main problem is scrobbling is broken af in alpha but I'm using alpha because v2 doesn't have an option to lower volume on focus change, pausing is incredibly annoying when driving, especially with navigation.

7 hours ago, DirtyDan said:

my main problem is scrobbling is broken af in alpha but I'm using alpha because v2 doesn't have an option to lower volume on focus change, pausing is incredibly annoying when driving, especially with navigation.

If you don't enable scrobbling in Poweramp and just let Simple Last.fm Scrobbler detect Poweramp and enable it there, scrobbling works fine. This was my only issue with the alpha initially, which is, thankfully, easy to avoid.

Now it's the notification controls in Oreo which bug me the most (though clever_man does have a substitute app to provide those).

Hopefully we'll see v3 before the next Android release exposes more issues.

1 hour ago, TechboManiac98 said:

I'm willing to pay TWICE. or THRICE the amount i paid for the current version, if max starts communicating on the forums and actively develops the updates! Does max has a Patreon, a kickstarter ANYTHING!? IF MONEY IS THE ISSUE YOU TELL ME.

Sadly it's not a case of money, it's purely a matter of time. I know from my own limited programming experience that you fix one thing and something else breaks, and a one-month timeline soon turns into six months, and so on. If you could donate more hours in the day, or days in the month, to Max, that would help.

Andre

39 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Sadly it's not a case of money, it's purely a matter of time. I know from my own limited programming experience that you fix one thing and something else breaks, and a one-month timeline soon turns into six months, and so on. If you could donate more hours in the day, or days in the month, to Max, that would help.

Andre

I'm sorry, but that's complete rubbish. I know from my programming experience that it does not take this long to develop an entire complex app, let alone just the GUI.

It has to be more of a case of enthusiasm. I would bet that material design wasn't what Max wanted to work on, and this vote has forced him to. It's much harder to force yourself to work on something you don't fancy. I didn't vote for material design (as I would much rather have seen new features), and ironically by the time the new GUI is done material design will be old news!

Archived