• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code and is taking some time to get to a beta-test stage. See the forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

1,098 posts in this topic

Ik that Andre I'm ask in when will the update be done in like a month or two cause its been a year without  1 update.

1 hour ago, Jason Adkins said:

Ik that Andre I'm ask in when will the update be done in like a month or two cause its been a year without  1 update.

No one knows.

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

As the first paragraph in the original post of this thread says:

Note: this update will be included within the original purchase of v2, there will be no extra licence charge for existing users. 

Andre

Thanks. Purchased.

Screenshot_20170907-022613.png

It will never be released. But if you don't need Hi Res output, the current alpha version is brilliant anyways.

53 minutes ago, HiFiZ said:

It will never be released. But if you don't need Hi Res output, the current alpha version is brilliant anyways.

Ok i LOLed at never be released:lol:

No ETA, no Beta Version, no progress and no any good news. Hope end of this month Max will be release the new one.

What do you want everyone, it's at least several weeks/months more but you keep writing every couple of hours that it's still not released.

You could be like me and use Stellio until it is released. I purchased BP, Poweramp, and Stellio. Love Poweramp, but love the MD (Material Design) too. Also, even on v2 of Poweramp the scrobbles to last fm has issues. So not sure even if beta is released I will come back unless the scrobbles are totally working on Poweramp.

On 9/9/2017 at 2:45 PM, utahman1971 said:

You could be like me and use Stellio until it is released. I purchased BP, Poweramp, and Stellio. Love Poweramp, but love the MD (Material Design) too. Also, even on v2 of Poweramp the scrobbles to last fm has issues. So not sure even if beta is released I will come back unless the scrobbles are totally working on Poweramp.

Stellio has come a long way, the UI looks great, especially with skins, but the playback needs work, for example it is not "gapless" even using flac files. I submitted what I found to their contact page.

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 4:45 AM, utahman1971 said:

i wander how it's hires-playback work,cuz i can't find the selection.i mean stellio~

I would hope to see an update. Ever since my Pixel XL updated to Android 8...Poweramp no longer has High Res output option like it did when on 7.1.2.  SO my USB DAC I use now sounds crappy. 

8 hours ago, speedingcheetah said:

I would hope to see an update. Ever since my Pixel XL updated to Android 8...Poweramp no longer has High Res output option like it did when on 7.1.2.  SO my USB DAC I use now sounds crappy. 

JaOMj_s-200x150.gif

@Sanket103, what is connection between iPhone and Poweramp? Maybe you must find another forum for stupid posts? It's for all who just only flooded here.

7 hours ago, clever_man said:

@Sanket103, what is connection between iPhone and Poweramp? Maybe you must find another forum for stupid posts? It's for all who just only flooded here.

I think he meant that after all the wait a new iPhone was announced and Poweramp still hasn't released

Ok, just find forum for irony.. This is thread "Poweramp v3 Project Update" and forum "Poweramp v3 Project Update" not "for irony" and not for "stupid posts, pictures and mems"...

I subscribed on this thread for reading new information about player and not for reading stupid jokes.

@andrewilley, can you clearing this thread?

I tend to only remove the personal insults / abusive posts, as at least all of the ETA requests and whinges are kept confined to one place this way. :)

Andre

It is annoying me to be so negative as to the subject but. Every few months Time a few git lines to post and then disappear again a few months is not the fulfillment. It is a pity that after all the theater the faith has lost (I at least) since it does not convince me. Unfortunately. Even if some can be quiesced here. As I said before, I do not think it's good to think about it, but what is to be done? 

7 hours ago, Tylog said:

but what is to be done? 

Two choices: either wait patiently for the work to be completed (sorry, but it's a complex task) and use the released versions in the meantime, or switch to another player if there is something about the new user interface (or new device compatibility) that you really can't wait for.

Andre

Can't wait for an update, thanks God I found this, I was giving up on Poweramp after almost 4 years 😥😂. Hope it comes as good as it already is.