Poweramp Equalizer builds 897-898

maxmp

Is there any way to make MX Player work with Poweramp Equalizer without using a computer and rooting? It all sounds like a major screw around to make something i paid money for work properly. I dont own a pc.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Slaycorpse said:

Is there any way to make MX Player work with Poweramp Equalizer without using a computer and rooting? It all sounds like a major screw around to make something i paid money for work properly. I dont own a pc.

No need to root, but you do need some other device to issue an ADB command to allow access - computer, or another Android phone with an OTG cable. Otherwise the other app (MX Player) needs to specifically allow for its output to be modified. You could ask the devs of that app to implement it - it's only a few lines of code if they want to do it. 

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

No need to root, but you do need some other device to issue an ADB command to allow access - computer, or another Android phone with an OTG cable. Otherwise the other app (MX Player) needs to specifically allow for its output to be modified. You could ask the devs of that app to implement it - it's only a few lines of code if they want to do it. 

Andre

Thank you very much :)

3 hours ago, Slaycorpse said:

Which developer would i have to contact? The Poweramp or mx player?

MX Player. The dev of Poweramp has provided a work-around solution from this side, but you'd need to ask someone with a computer to help run the patch as the Android device can't assign it's own permissions.

Andre

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

MX Player. The dev of Poweramp has provided a work-around solution from this side, but you'd need to ask someone with a computer to help run the patch as the Android device can't assign it's own permissions.

Andre

Ah ok cool, thanks again 🤘

Hi! Any tips on how to configure the compressor?
I tried to activate it, but sound was way too loud, good thing I didn't have my headphones on...
I found out that by default, the gain is at 35dB and lowering it adjusts the sound to a normal level.
Weird that a default setting could make you deaf...

And how different is it from the "limit" feature (just under the equalizer button)?

12 hours ago, kima09 said:

Is there a way to assign profile to specific device and not by generic output type. I have two bluetooth listening device, I want to have separate profile for the two. 

Sure, just tape the 'Save' button and click on the BT device name (which must be connected) that you want to assign the current settings to, give your new preset a name, and tap Add. Note: don't also select the main Bluetooth tickbox, or you will also assign the same settings to all Bluetooth devices.

Andre

@maxmp On android 11 in  ver.build-898 "Equalizer Screen Spectrum" is not displayed after being set the tab to  on...when the music is played i have to toggle "Off" and then turn "On" - Enable Audio Processing under "Equalizer" settings to get them. This issue is not there in Android 9.

Phone: Redmi Note 10 by Xiaomi on Android 11. Rom: MIUI 12.0.3

Screenshot.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/9/2021 at 2:07 AM, andrewilley said:

@hypomaniac-eric Have you applied the ADB patch to support additional apps?

Andre

No because that looks too complicated.   Looks like hacking I don't feel like doing.   Is there not an update to make Amazon Music work?  Or Youtube Music Vanced?   I don't understand why it's not working when regular YT Music works with it and Spotify.   I wanted to listen to Amazon Music but the sound sounds boring without the equalizer working.  i already uninstalled the global eq i had but it wasn't as good as this one but it worked for the other apps.  

Edited by hypomaniac-eric

2 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

No because that looks too complicated.   Looks like hacking I don't feel like doing.   Is there not an update to make Amazon Music work?  Or Youtube Music Vanced?

Well to be fair you already know how to make it work, but you've said you don't feel like doing it. It's not complicated - just plug your phone into a computer with a regular USB cable and go to Max's website to grant permission.

As for updates to make other apps work without applying special permissions, you'd have to ask the authors of those apps. They are the ones who need to allow access to manipulate their audio output streams - which a number of other apps already do as a matter of course.

Andre

7 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

Looks like hacking I don't feel like doing.   Is there not an update to make Amazon Music work?  Or Youtube Music Vanced?   I don't understand why it's not working when regular YT Music works with it and Spotify. 

It's not "hacking" or "exploiting" a bug, nor it is exploiting a security vulnerability. It's just a hidden switch, for advanced users. PEQ can only equalize players that support equalization and expose their audio sessions. Otherwise, either the devs of those media players have to implement EQ support, or Android will have to allow universal unrestricted audio equalization. Amazon Music, YouTube don't work with PEQ because devs don't want you to use an equalizer on them. Nothing you can do I am afraid, expect convincing the devs. ADB permission is basically "forcing" equalization support.

5 hours ago, John Titor said:

It's not "hacking" or "exploiting" a bug, nor it is exploiting a security vulnerability. It's just a hidden switch, for advanced users. PEQ can only equalize players that support equalization and expose their audio sessions. Otherwise, either the devs of those media players have to implement EQ support, or Android will have to allow universal unrestricted audio equalization. Amazon Music, YouTube don't work with PEQ because devs don't want you to use an equalizer on them. Nothing you can do I am afraid, expect convincing the devs. ADB permission is basically "forcing" equalization support.

Why would they not want you to have the best sound possible for their services?  I know people that don't know the difference between the crappy earpods and stock headphones vs good quality headphones or earbuds and no equalizer but audiophiles like me want to make the sound sound better.   

I have the official Youtube Music listed in PEQ.   what is the current list of apps that are supported with PEQ?

3 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

Why would they not want you to have the best sound possible for their services? 

what is the current list of apps that are supported with PEQ?

It's not so much a case of them deliberately blocking access to external equalizers, it's just that they simply haven't added the bit of code that explicitly allows it. Also sometimes their code works for what they want to do, but not so well with other apps (such as opening/closing new audio sessions). You'd need to take that up with them as to why.

There is no official list as far as I know (far too many media playing apps out there) other than pretty much everything works if you run the ADB-based permission tweak instead of relying on the other apps to do it.

If anyone wants to start a list of Working, Working with ADB Patch, or Not Working, I can move it to a separate thread.

Andre

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 9:26 PM, maxmp said:

@mysiak Equalizer is based on Android effect implementations, and unfortunately crossfeed is not there - so it's not possible to add it.

Why are you dependent on native Android implementations? Since crossfeed is in so many old devices / open firmware projects (I remember Sandisk Sansa community firmware) I reckon there's open libraries for the crossfeed algo. It is so much a must-have for a player which fuels headphones. Foobar2000/Android has it builtin. IMO a terrible GUI, but he really never was talented with UI- but my ears need it when listening via headphones.

• 2 years later...

Hii Guys

Combining YouTube Vanced and MX Player Pro with Poweramp's equalizer might require a bit of workaround since Poweramp primarily focuses on audio playback, and YouTube Vanced and MX Player Pro are video-centric apps. However, if you're looking to enhance the audio experience while using these apps, you can follow these general steps.