Poweramp Equalizer builds 897-898

maxmp

There's a bug related to full screen visualization option. When I turn on full screen visualization and after 2-3 minutes of inactivity (not tapping my phone's screen but the visualization and screen is on) or maybe switching back to PA from different app, tapping the screen does not display the hidden controls as it's supposed to. Only the navigation controls are displayed (see attached screenshot). I'm using Galaxy A70 running on Android 10 (OneUI 2.0) and the latest PA Eq build from playstore.1693117954_Screenshot_20210308-023502_PowerampEqualizer.thumb.jpg.d1141b4f74846a228eba6ea30db2eb1c.jpg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Bo$$_8055 can you please export your settings from Peq and share with gpmaxmpz@gmail.com for tests? Thanks!

I shared the settings with you @maxmp. An update regarding the bug: I couldn't reproduce the bug through the "inactivity" method I mentioned earlier; but the issue persists everytime when I switch to PA Eq from a different app when visualization is set to full screen. Depending on how you switch apps, the bug might behave differently. If you use bottom gestures to switch apps (like in iOS) then after switching back to PA the Visualization will not switch to full screen even though its been set to full screen (I have to tap screen once to start full screen Visualization). If you use navigation button to switch app then hidden controls won't be displayed after switching back to PA. 

Thanks for the fix @maxmp. Another thing related to visualization: Do you plan to add an option where we can set "Visualizator Delay" independently for each output? PA has this delay option for each output. I wonder if this will be implemented in Eq app as well! It's really annoying when I switch outputs and visualization is no longer in sync.

Edited by Bo$$_8055

On 1/25/2021 at 11:01 PM, maxmp said:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.equalizer

Build 898:

• improved Advanced Player Tracking mode
  • improved DVC for Samsungs @ Android 11
  • translations updates
  • bug fixes and stability improvements

NOTE: recent YouTube Music (4.13.51) stopped to advertise its Audio Session completely 
YouTube Music 4.17.51 is fixed and works well with Equalizer.

NEW: browser based adb tool https://powerampapp.com/webadb/

How do I activate this option?

IMG_20210317_112530.jpg

Hi MaxMP,

First, thanks for Poweramp. It's a fantastic player that puts the fun back into digital music on the go. I tried at least 20 android apps and found Poweramp to be the best. Thank you.

Today I finally got around to enabling DUMP so that I could use Poweramp Equalizer system-wide. It works great. I can finally use the Bandcamp app with an EQ.

I was wondering if there is a way for Poweramp to open Poweramp Equalizer when I tap the EQ button in Poweramp? Or is this not recommended? Basically I want just one place with my EQ settings rather than two places.

Thanks!

By the way, I also notice a short stutter at the start of each track played via the bandcamp app. Fiddling with the audio buffer sizes doesn't help, but disabling Poweramp Equalizer makes it go away. Possible bug?

2 hours ago, vext01 said:

Hi MaxMP,

First, thanks for Poweramp. It's a fantastic player that puts the fun back into digital music on the go. I tried at least 20 android apps and found Poweramp to be the best. Thank you.

Today I finally got around to enabling DUMP so that I could use Poweramp Equalizer system-wide. It works great. I can finally use the Bandcamp app with an EQ.

I was wondering if there is a way for Poweramp to open Poweramp Equalizer when I tap the EQ button in Poweramp? Or is this not recommended? Basically I want just one place with my EQ settings rather than two places.

Thanks!

https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/20189-Poweramp-equalizer-builds-886-893/?do=findComment&comment=92636

54 minutes ago, vext01 said:

By the way, I also notice a short stutter at the start of each track played via the bandcamp app. Fiddling with the audio buffer sizes doesn't help, but disabling Poweramp Equalizer makes it go away. Possible bug?

The audio artifact can be heard because the equalizer session starts. A fix would be to enable keep equalizer session enabled for that player.

1 hour ago, Someguyonline said:

Thanks for the quick response!

I'd already found the button, but it's quite a fiddly process to find it. It'd be easier if there was an option so that when you pressed the EQ button in the bottom bar it took you directly to to PA EQ app.

For now, I'll probably just keep the two EQ settings separate.

1 hour ago, Someguyonline said:

The audio artifact can be heard because the equalizer session starts. A fix would be to enable keep equalizer session enabled for that player.

Sadly, flipping that setting for the Bandcamp app doesn't fix the issue. I also tried the multi-session option -- no difference either.

FWIW, Podcast Addict doesn't have the stutter problem, so it must be an interaction with the Bandcamp app.

@vext01 regarding artifacts: some players properly reuse audio session - only one is needed for the whole player lifetime. Some devs unfortunately are not aware of the issue and their players constantly recreate sessions, causing the artifacts. (The fun part the session number is a global shared int32 and when it overflow system crashes).

@maxmp I was wondering, is it possible to add a "switch channels" option? Will you be doing that? Thing is, I often like to wear earphones upsidedown (with cable going over ear, that way there is less cable noise), but to do that, you need to switch ears, and then stereo is reversed.. :(

On 2/26/2021 at 12:39 PM, fiza said:

Poweramp player has a great sound on the speakers, but on the headset music perception sounds like surround all the time. I found this image on Neutron player. It does the trick.

First of all, thanks to devs for releasing the standalone equalizer app. I was really surprised and happy to see it on the Google play store.

Anyhow.. I couldn't find a dedicated topic for feature requests for Poweramp Equalizer, but configurable crossfeed would be really great (it's been already suggested for Poweramp player a little while ago). So if there is any chance - please count my vote for this feature suggestion. :) 

10 hours ago, maxmp said:

@mysiak Equalizer is based on Android effect implementations, and unfortunately crossfeed is not there - so it's not possible to add it.

Thank you for the quick response. I am no expert, but maybe this mode could help to some extent with "speaker simulation"? https://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/audiofx/Virtualizer#VIRTUALIZATION_MODE_TRANSAURAL

It is mentioned that it's primarily to be used with speakers, but I couldn't find what it does when used with headphones. Probably even the standard virtualization at the minimum level would help to mitigate the strict left-right separation in some songs. 

Btw. I'm sorry if it's been mentioned already, but how could I achieve sound processing system wide? I can see for example YouTube Music and Poweramp in "Known players", but I can't add Youtube/Youtube Vanced here (I also tried the trick with minimizing and playing the video track from the notification). With other Equalizer apps I am able to use "global" mode with Youtube. It is usually with a slightly worse quality than when connected directly to the audio session, but at least I can use sound processing. Did I miss something in the settings? 

Not sure if it matters, but phone is Xiaomi Mi 10T lite, MIUI 12, rooted stock Android 11 ROM. 

11 hours ago, andrewilley said:

That requires additional permissions which need to be assigned externally via ADB, they can't be granted within the app.

Andre

Thank you for the suggestion, it was the first thing I did though - allowed both permissions as root user + retried from the web interface just to be sure. I tried a couple of things again and it seems that I got it fixed by force closing the Poweramp equalizer app - it restarted automatically in the background and suddenly detects Youtube/Youtube vanced and also applies the equalizer to those audio sessions (it might have been some "MIUI thing"). All's good for the time being, let's hope that it keeps working. :)