Poweramp Equalizer builds 897-898

maxmp

On 2/13/2021 at 12:05 AM, maxmp said:

@Gautam Ram Mohan what is your Equalizer build? You can help by capturing system wide log via system Developer settings immediately after issue happens (log contains only the last minute or two of data) and sharing it with gpmaxmp@gmail.com. Thanks!

@maxmp, I have sent you the logs, please check it

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After I installed the Poweramp equalizer the youtube music app EQ does not work anymore. I uninstalled the Poweramp eq app and still the ytm eq does not do anything. Maybe the ADB command for the installation of the Poweramp app eq broke something?? I dont know how to solve this

I already posted here that I have Poweramp Equalizer (Pro) and it doesn't work properly with YouTube Vanced.  It rarely works.

I found a solution that solved my problem. If the Poweramp equalizer doesn't work, I forcefully stop this app and it restarts. There, the Poweramp equalizer works again with YouTube Vanced.  

Tested on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android 10 One UI 2.1

I'm sorry I don't speak English. 

Hugs

10 hours ago, Fabricio said:

I already posted here that I have Poweramp Equalizer (Pro) and it doesn't work properly with YouTube Vanced.  It rarely works.

I found a solution that solved my problem. If the Poweramp equalizer doesn't work, I forcefully stop this app and it restarts. There, the Poweramp equalizer works again with YouTube Vanced.  

Hugs

Have you tried to start and stop the playback with the controls in the notification bar? 

On my Xperia 1 with Android 11 stock rom, if YouTube vanced would not be detected and eq added by Poweramp eq. Then this action would refresh it and Poweramp eq would notice it and eq would be added. 

21 hours ago, Fabricio said:

Hugs

@Fabriciothat's what I also do now, to make it work with vanced and Amazon music. I wish it worked continuously for Amazon music. I hope @maxmp looks into it. Other than this glitch, it's an excellent equaliser app.

regards

Edited by Gautam Ram Mohan

41 minutes ago, Gautam Ram Mohan said:

@Fabriciothat's what I also do now, to make it work with vanced and Amazon music. I hope @maxmp looks into it. Other than this glitch, it's an excellent equaliser app.

regards

Have you tried to minimize YouTube vanced by going into home screen during playback, and then hit pause and play in the notification menu on top. 

I have noticed that it "refresh" the player and makes the equalizer see that active playback session. After that YouTube vanced usually will work nicely until i let the phone go to sleep. 

This however happens very rarely on my phone, so I rarely need to perform those hoops to get vanced to work. 

2 hours ago, atomi said:

Have you tried to minimize YouTube vanced by going into home screen during playback, and then hit pause and play in the notification menu on top. 

I have noticed that it "refresh" the player and makes the equalizer see that active playback session. After that YouTube vanced usually will work nicely until i let the phone go to sleep. 

This however happens very rarely on my phone, so I rarely need to perform those hoops to get vanced to work. 

@atomi. I tried that now, it did not work for me😟

6 hours ago, Gautam Ram Mohan said:

@atomi. I tried that now, it did not work for me😟

Just to make sure. Have you given necessary permissions for the app through adb per these instructions 

On top of that make sure that vanced is in the known players list in Poweramp eq - >settings - >equalizer - >known players. 

Also make sure that both permissions are set up correctly in settings - >equalizer - >advanced player tracking. 

Other than that i can't really help you much, as i just made sure that above things were ok.

and then only maybe needed to refresh vanced by pausing and resuming playback on the notification menu. 

12 hours ago, atomi said:

Just to make sure. Have you given necessary permissions for the app through adb per these instructions 

On top of that make sure that vanced is in the known players list in Poweramp eq - >settings - >equalizer - >known players. 

Also make sure that both permissions are set up correctly in settings - >equalizer - >advanced player tracking. 

Other than that i can't really help you much, as i just made sure that above things were ok.

and then only maybe needed to refresh vanced by pausing and resuming playback on the notification menu. 

@atomi  ofcourse I have already given ADB permissions and vanced and Amazon music are already added.

I have mentioned this in this forum multiple times and provided @maxmp the details.

11 hours ago, Gautam Ram Mohan said:

@atomi  ofcourse I have already given ADB permissions and vanced and Amazon music are already added.

I have mentioned this in this forum multiple times and provided @maxmp the details.

sorry i have somehow missed that, but sadly i'm nothing but a end user with zero understanding how this thing works under the hood.

so this was the only thing that i could thing helping you, and only other thing that i could thing is to maube revoke the adb permissions. restart the deviced and then grand the permissions again.

if that doesn't help, then sadly i cant really help you more than that.

Actually it happened a few times with me. Usually restarting my device fixed it, can't test it properly because it happens randomly. I am guessing YouTube (Vanced) just ends audio session randomly (during pause/play/fast forwarding), while PEQ couldn't refresh the session id for some reason/or just it couldn't detect the new session id. So PEQ keeps equalizing the dead session id while showing that YouTube (Vanced) is active. 

It could be fixed if we just clear all tracked/cached session id info from PEQ and query again. (Effectively refreshing the session info) Would it be possible to implement something like that?

Note: I am not an audio engineer/android dev, that above information could be faulty, it's just a guess anyway.

I sent an email to the support and I'm gonna post it here too (a bit rephrased), for the sake of making it public:

I was looking for a true non-root audio processor (to replace my beloved Viper4Android) and this is the most promising one I've tested so far! The feature I was mostly looking for is the compressor, which is working nicely in this app. I have some notes related to my usage with it though that I'd like to share:

Some apps aren't recognized, even with the Advanced Player Tracking. For example Twitch or Twitter. Some other equalizer apps (like Re-Equalizer or Power Audio Equalizer) lets you enable a "global" mode, which takes all audio output whatever the app is. You cannot track which app is playing, but at least it works for everything you play, be it session-mode or not. Apps that aren't working so far: Twitch, Twitter, Facebook Messenger, Dailymotion, MyTF1. What's interesting is those apps doesn't only play sound, they also play videos. But Youtube works of course, and also Netflix and other multimedia players like BSPlayer, VLC or even the Samsung Video player.

And now for some features requests:
- Take advantage of the settings Export/Import feature to make a simple global preset loader, not only for the EQ settings but for everything, compressor and all.
- Add an auto profile switcher, like for example when you connect to a specific Bluetooth speaker, load this profile, or if you use the speaker output, or the headphones etc. Or maybe even by app itself. Already implemented, long tap on preset.
- Add a stereo enhancer setting (not "surround", just expand the stereo signal).

3 hours ago, Mwyann said:

Add an auto profile switcher, like for example when you connect to a specific Bluetooth speaker, load this profile, or if you use the speaker output, or the headphones etc. Or maybe even by app itself.

If I'm understanding you right, this feature is there. Long tap on a preset and tap assign. You can select the devices you want for that preset.

Why does Poweramp EQ (10 band) have Q: 1.50, instead of the usual 1.414 (one octave)? I'll be honest, I never liked the EQ in Poweramp, only reason I bought the Equalizer is because it has balance and one of my earphones is a bit unbalanced. But now that I noticed it, maybe the reason I don't like the EQ so much is because it's 1.5 while I'm used to using 1.41 or parametric.. 

Also, will the EQ ever allow parametric settings? I think I read somewhere that someone said that's difficult to make user friendly, or smth like that, but honestly, nobody cares. I mean, you only need to set your EQ once. If it could just, idk, take values from a .xlsx (1 column - band number, 2 column - Frequency, 3 column - Gain, 4 column - Q value, 5 column - filter type) that would already be great...!