YAPS goes where no other skin has gone before

@slizzap You can adjust the dynamic background so it's somewhat darker and more muted, which would make white text stand out in most cases (as long as you don't try to superimpose the text over the actual album art anyway). My own preference would be for a drop-shadow effect, but not sure if that's an attribute that can be applied to these elements.

Andre

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MotleyG said:

You can keep the dynamic background, just darken it a bit so white text will always be visible. 

Settings>Background>Background Intensity

Choose a setting below 50% (I use 30% myself) this will keep the colours of the album cover but shade it down so even with The Beatles White album you can see you text clearly. 

Son of a...

This whole time the setting I needed was in the base app and not the skin. Thank you so much for this. I like the look of setting Background Intensity to 75%. Also toyed around with the Background Blur setting a tad. Got it dialed in just where I like it.

Thanks!!

37 minutes ago, Normann said:

Of course it is! 

I told you about it only two days ago. 😉

Except you didn't provide the name of the setting or its location :)

I appreciate everyone's help here. It's just funny that I first raised this issue a year ago in this thread, and it took this long to get here.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

How do I get Yaps to use more of the screen for the title and artist/album lines? As you can see from my attachment, it appears compressed into a small area, so it needs to scroll. This is from a Sony NW-ZX707 Walkman. 

My Fiio M11 Plus uses the entire horizontal area (second attachment).

Screenshot_20231020-025403.thumb.png.0c24bbfd7fe9b6c068caadcd17a55e74.pngScreenshot_20230303-225126(1).png.fba6a90bb62b7a08567eb87d71fde5f3.thumb.png.d7c8ddebf5566c349f2038348e516ea4.png

17 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@Rocinante sorry I should have mentioned I made a small change and the field will now extend to the right as is shown in my earlier partial screenshot. This will be in the next release of course. Perhaps tomorrow when I have time

Great, thanks for the quick responses!

Sorry if this was covered earlier, on the main now playing screen, there are two buttons:  "Add to Playlist" on the left and "Delete Track" on the right.  Can I hide these two buttons or at least move them?  I can't find the option that controls them.

42 minutes ago, e2m said:

Another question: is there an option to widen the track name and artist/album scroll area on the now playing screen?

You can turn off left alignment and then move the track name and artist all the way to the left side of the screen. I asked this question a few posts above. 

1 hour ago, Rocinante said:

You can turn off left alignment and then move the track name and artist all the way to the left side of the screen. I asked this question a few posts above. 

Thanks, but that only partially works.  I can get it to extend to the left side of the screen, but on the right side it is still getting cut off and not extending to the right edge.  See attached.

This is on my Shanling M3X, using Yaps v233.

Screenshot_20231023-210636.png

7 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

@e2m make sure you actually have the latest release. If it still does not extend, save skin settings and uninstall/reinstall skin. Restore skin settings.

Did that. No change.

@e2m on my test device,  i set the left margin to -4 which moves it left. Your setting moved it too far left. You will still get some cutoff to the right but given i set the field to go to the end, this is the best you are going to get. Skins are constrained to work within the underlying Poweramp components which is why it behaves like this. My skin pushes the boundaries and sometimes there are unexpected results.