YAPS goes where no other skin has gone before

On 3/15/2023 at 9:01 PM, flyingdutchman said:

@Vtulkin Sergey did you manage to find this? Also, if you are creative and good at creating graphic icons, feel free to design icons i can use in the option menus

It seems to me that I went through all sorts of options for media buttons (play, pause, track forward, backward), but I did not find anything similar to the ones I gave.

I won't hide it, the design of the buttons is taken from Apple Car Play. But in my humble opinion, it is optimally suited for a rectangular screen HU.

What format should the button icons be in so that you can add them to the skin?

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Screenshot_20230401-1643262.thumb.jpg.1909480bc953defbe25762b343261c4e.jpg@flyingdutchmanthanks for this amazing skin. Really appreciate the customisability you have added in the skin.

I have few requests though;

1. Could you make V.T.R.S buttons just like default Poweramp style? Default skin VTRS buttons are more rounded which suits my overall rounded skin theme. Same goes for navbar icons. They are not as rounded as default skin. Apart from this, if you would add some more options for the buttons, would greatly appreciate it.

2. Could you please make the width of Track / album / artist fields user defineable? Currently they span the width of whole screen. I would like to limit it to certain length. 

3. Please include an option to move menu, lyrics and chromecast button horizontally as well as vertically. Currently, only lyrics button can be moved vertically. Menu button and chromecast button cannot even be moved in any direction.

4. Lastly I would love to see the rough edges of waveseek bar gone and be replace with smooth edges. Further, currently there is no option to have static divided waveseek bar. Please add this option. In the end, if select default waveseek, the width of the seekbars can be reduced to zero (no gap in between) however this is not the case when I select static waveseek. Please make the static waveseek width same as default waveseek width. Sharing screenshots for your reference.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20230401-172448~2.jpg

Edited by James007
Smooth waveseek edges template

1 hour ago, James007 said:

Screenshot_20230401-1643262.thumb.jpg.1909480bc953defbe25762b343261c4e.jpg@flyingdutchmanthanks for this amazing skin. Really appreciate the customisability you have added in the skin.

I have few requests though;

1. Could you make V.T.R.S buttons just like default Poweramp style? Default skin VTRS buttons are more rounded which suits my overall rounded skin theme. Same goes for navbar icons. They are not as rounded as default skin. Apart from this, if you would add some more options for the buttons, would greatly appreciate it.

2. Could you please make the width of Track / album / artist fields user defineable? Currently they span the width of whole screen. I would like to limit it to certain length. 

3. Please include an option to move menu, lyrics and chromecast button horizontally as well as vertically. Currently, only lyrics button can be moved vertically. Menu button and chromecast button cannot even be moved in any direction.

4. Lastly I would love to see the rough edges of waveseek bar gone and be replace with smooth edges. Further, currently there is no option to have static divided waveseek bar. Please add this option. In the end, if select default waveseek, the width of the seekbars can be reduced to zero (no gap in between) however this is not the case when I select static waveseek. Please make the static waveseek width same as default waveseek width. Sharing screenshots for your reference.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20230401-172448~2.jpg

1.  you can set the rounded style by Fine Tune> Dynamic corners. Buttons background is also configurable, circle thickness can be set to 0. This way you can achieve the defaultpoweramp look

default Poweramp

image.png.7bda7cf0e545b663988015c6eab8fb84.png

yaps, the corners are configurable. Retry the settings until you have your desired corners

image.png.735fabbfc1441546eed637f362505aba.png

2. perhaps, depends on how scrolling and centering behaves when field is shortened

3. yes can do. some items cannot move left/right so only up/down is offered

4. the waveseek bar has smooth edges. I suspect it is the bar density you have selected that makes it look like it has ragged edges.

Static divided waveseek has been added.

Reducing the width of a waveseek bar to zero makes no sense as it would dissappear. There is an option to select space in between waveseek bars and this can be zero. The default waveseek is as it appears in Poweramp and this will not change. There are many other options such as colour, thickness, space beween and density

image.png.fc8aab729ac7972c6bd4f9bf9f463198.png

On 3/13/2023 at 12:26 PM, slizzap said:

Hey guys,

Just noticed a new issue this morning and not exactly sure if it started with this most recent YAPS update or a previous one. I cannot use the seekbar to skip forward or backward in the song. If I try to swipe on the seekbar, say to fastforward to a specific point in the song, instead it skips tracks forward/backward depending on which way you swipe as if you were swiping on the album artwork. I found that the only way I can seek is to swipe somewhere within the visualization graph that displays behind the Play/Pause buttons, and swiping over the Play/Pause buttons doesn't do anything...so it's a hard area to hit and very difficult to use.

I switched back to the default skin and the problem is not present there...I'm able to seek as expected by swiping on the seekbar.

This morning I updated PA to the most recent version (957) and YAPS to the most recent version (915), but there was no change in behavior for the problem I listed above. However, I found the setting that's causing this behavior after playing around with it. Hopefully this helps you find a fix.

The issue is with the "Buttons" value in the Portrait layout settings. My current setting (1st screenshot below) is at "66". Here the shuffle button is above the seekbar and the track counter is below the seekbar. If I change this value to "77" or anything higher so that both the shuffle button and track counter are below the seekbar (2nd screenshot below), the problem goes away. However, this obviously creates a problem with my layout.

20230401_134704.jpg.2753902bc9a57b21513de31688ec0224.jpg

20230401_134929.jpg.eaf9d33583c00e44671e8c04eda36dde.jpg

19 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

@slizzap there may well be some unexpected results. I guess by bringing certain artifacts closer to eachother, they may start to overlap although this overlap may not be visible.

It seems like an invisible box is being drawn encompassing the Shuffle button (and any other button on that horizontal line that I have hidden) and the track counter, especially since the one "Buttons" setting is being used for all of them. Because that one setting applies to all of that, it's very difficult to get a placement that I like. I ended up with this one here so that the Shuffle and other related buttons are above the seekbar and the track counter is below the seekbar. It's not ideal, but it's the best compromise I could create with the options available to me, and that seems to be causing my seekbar problem.

Is there any way to separate them into different settings, at least the track counter from the rest, rather than just one "Buttons" setting?

@flyingdutchman thanks for the response. I think I didn't explain my requests thoroughly enough.

1. I was talking about rounded edges of "icons" not of the circles around the icons. Same goes for navbar square-edged icons (attaching screenshots for reference)

2. I was talking about zero width between seekbars as attached in the screenshots

3. Can we make the headers in library a solid color? (Attaching screenshot for reference)

4. Further, in yaps, the header buttons' background and bottom buttons' background are interlinked. I just want to remove background on header buttons' but can't do so without removing background from bottom buttons as well (this is already a feature in default skin) please fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Rounded edges icons request.jpg

Solid color header request.jpg

Static waveseek at present.jpg

Static waveseek requested.jpg

Background on header buttons.jpg

Bottom button's background.jpg

Edited by James007

@James007 yes, adding rounded icons.

static divided waveseek added

As previously stated, there is an option to set spacing to 0 for the waveseek bars

Solid colours in header, perhaps in the future . on todo

separating button backgrounds I will not implement at his time. this requires quite a lot of additional work

@flyingdutchmanthanks for the update.

1. As for the waveseek, in "static waveseek mode", it has already been set to zero, but it appears like the third screenshot, however, would like to see the waveseek like screenshot 4 when set to 0. (screenshot 4 shows waveseek in "default waveseek mode' with spacing set to zero)

2. Also, when you are adding rounded icons, would be thankful if could make the rating stars rounded too.

3. I have moved the album down the screen as you can see in the screenshot. Would be best if default visualization also moves with the album art or at least to have an option to move default visualization independently.

And lastly, please also add option to remove background from menu and lyrics button (in addition to the ability to move menu/lyrics horizontally as well)

Whether above requests are implemented or not, your skin shows the effort you have put in it. Thanks for that.

Regards.

I recall seeing a user, perhaps on the Poweramp subreddit, asking if the A to Z list navigation shortcut could be resizable. I believe the issue was their phone or DAP's case or screen cover was restricting their ability to navigate to this since it is such a narrow slice at the edge of the screen.

Just wondering. Thanks!

11 hours ago, James007 said:

@flyingdutchmanthanks for the update.

1. As for the waveseek, in "static waveseek mode", it has already been set to zero, but it appears like the third screenshot, however, would like to see the waveseek like screenshot 4 when set to 0. (screenshot 4 shows waveseek in "default waveseek mode' with spacing set to zero)

2. Also, when you are adding rounded icons, would be thankful if could make the rating stars rounded too.

3. I have moved the album down the screen as you can see in the screenshot. Would be best if default visualization also moves with the album art or at least to have an option to move default visualization independently.

And lastly, please also add option to remove background from menu and lyrics button (in addition to the ability to move menu/lyrics horizontally as well)

Whether above requests are implemented or not, your skin shows the effort you have put in it. Thanks for that.

Regards.

1. if setting to 0 does not give a continous wave then there is nothing else I can do here

2 Poweramp does not appear to offer a rounded star at the moment. Rounded icons for  navbar and VTRS buttons implemented. 

3 there will be a number of unexpected effects etc as a result of the new approach I will note these and look at them in the future

lastly, noted as low priority

chromecast button will not behave when trying to move so no change

lyrics button now moves horizontal as well

menu button now moves vertical/horiontal

v216 out just now

What's new:
- added divided static waveseek
- fixed spacing to 0 for static waveseek
- move menu options in portrait but does not work in landscape(showing but no options given)
- introduced rounded navbar icons
- introduced reverse rounded navbar icons
- introduced rounded VTRS buttons
- added rounded star (activated when selecting rounded VTRS buttons)
- added Hide Miniplayer

Thanks for the continued updates.

I wonder if it's possible to locate the nice new themed seekbar within the miniplayer container area? It looks a bit odd if you have a themed miniplayer background but the seekbar sits separately on a plain black background. The seekbar clearly thematically belongs to the miniplayer, not to the black navbar below. 

image.png

Andre

I don't think the list seekbar should ever be associated with the navbar styling, it's conceptually a part of the miniplayer.

Of course it doesn't make any difference on the default skins, where they all have the same black or white backgrounds anyway.

Andre 

@andrewilley at the moment it inherits properties from the seekbar. 

On 4/2/2023 at 6:25 PM, James007 said:

@flyingdutchman thanks for the response. I think I didn't explain my requests thoroughly enough.

1. I was talking about rounded edges of "icons" not of the circles around the icons. Same goes for navbar square-edged icons (attaching screenshots for reference)

2. I was talking about zero width between seekbars as attached in the screenshots

3. Can we make the headers in library a solid color? (Attaching screenshot for reference)

4. Further, in yaps, the header buttons' background and bottom buttons' background are interlinked. I just want to remove background on header buttons' but can't do so without removing background from bottom buttons as well (this is already a feature in default skin) please fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Rounded edges icons request.jpg

Solid color header request.jpg

Static waveseek at present.jpg

Static waveseek requested.jpg

Background on header buttons.jpg

Bottom button's background.jpg

new yaps user here! i got some questions about some features:

- how can i move the horizontal volume slider?

- how can i align the title, artist and album name to the left?

- is possible to enable the lists/lyrics blurred album art background?

i'm a new user and some options are a little tricky to find. so any help is welcome 😭

love the skin though, very customizable, but would be nice to reorganize the options or maybe some consistency on the names given to the buttons (miniplayer, header, navbar, bottom buttons, etc)

Screenshot_20230409_130603_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.5616a07e609279d320caedb842a2bf61.jpg

@ihaspei

how can i move the horizontal volume slider?

at the moment you can't. Only most of the standard artifacts can move. The minute you select a different option that artifact (in your case horizontal volume) the default positions will apply

how can i align the title, artist and album name to the left?

try and move both track and album/artist  left until you are happy with their position

is possible to enable the lists/lyrics blurred album art background?

No, album blur is only available on the main ui . Limitation in Poweramp, not skin

reorganize the options 

In my view the options are organised into logical groups eg background, finetune, etc

some consistency on the names given to the buttons (miniplayer, header, navbar, bottom buttons, etc)

the terms used are largely those used in Poweramp. Feel free to email me with inconsistencies though

1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

try and move both track and album/artist  left until you are happy with their position

i tried that, but it doesn't work properly. it just moves the centred title to the left, but doesn't align it to the left

Screenshot_20230409_152602_Poweramp.thumb.jpg.396191e16f1a0caea4d4e05915fa9852.jpg