Poweramp Equalizer builds 886-893

maxmp

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/15/2021 at 3:58 PM, Someguyonline said:

Would it possible to enable/disable equalization in one tap from the status bar tiles? I note that there is a similar tile for Poweramp which makes Poweramp start when clicked on.

Screenshot_2021-01-15-15-55-20-700_com.miui.home.jpg

And oh, I forgot to ask about MX Player Pro. Can Poweramp EQ work with it? with adb perms of course. Advanced player tracking, I mean. Poweramp EQ currently can't detect MX player pro, it seems.

7 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Someguyonline Currently, Poweramp looks for media player audio. Media player == app which advertise itself to Android as media player, usually via appropriate APIs and notification, and probably MX Player doesn't do that. But I can directly add it as an exception - will be looking into that shortly.

Oh so you mean you would hardcode something in the PEQ code to make MX Player Pro as an exception? If yes, I think it would be nice to let users force EQ on unsupported apps directly from the PEQ interface (for advanced users of course). I am sure there are other apps like MX Player which refuse to be equalized.

2 hours ago, Umer J Khan said:

i want best sound quality equalizer and other sound related settings for Poweramp, i'm Poweramp user and i've a purchased version, so its my humble request to fulfill my need.

This is a per user setting which means that individually we have to set our equalizers on our own. There is no one setting for all users due to differences in android versions, mobile phone brands/models etc. You'll be surprised with your ability on setting your phone on how you like it to sound via headphones, bluetooth or car. Good luck!

On 1/19/2021 at 10:04 AM, Sukasiaka said:

Equalizer does not work for Soundcloud, tried on 3 different devices

Please make it possible 🙏

It works with DVC disabled (in Equalizer Settings / Equalizer / Known Players / Soundcloud / disable DVC). Note that as Soundcloud don't want to be equalized, Advanced Player Tracking is enabled for it.

On 1/16/2021 at 5:33 PM, maxmp said:

@Someguyonline Currently, Poweramp looks for media player audio. Media player == app which advertise itself to Android as media player, usually via appropriate APIs and notification, and probably MX Player doesn't do that. But I can directly add it as an exception - will be looking into that shortly.

Would it be possible to have a version that works with any app? Wouldn't that be more beneficial than having everyone say that a certain app doesn't work and than having you add support for it? I wouldn't mind having a system level equalizer and not just a music player equalizer...

@txtmikhail no as any app can produce sound and we certainly don't want to apply equalizer effects to every possible beep out of there. App should be a media player (or something we want to equalize) and we want to detect that somehow. Probably, selection for an app from list of all installed apps is possible, though Google is making that "all installed apps" list feature not available soon.

10 hours ago, maxmp said:

It works with DVC disabled (in Equalizer Settings / Equalizer / Known Players / Soundcloud / disable DVC). Note that as Soundcloud don't want to be equalized, Advanced Player Tracking is enabled for it.

It's  working now!

Thanks 🙂🙏

19 hours ago, invaderzim said:

This is a per user setting which means that individually we have to set our equalizers on our own. There is no one setting for all users due to differences in android versions, mobile phone brands/models etc. You'll be surprised with your ability on setting your phone on how you like it to sound via headphones, bluetooth or car. Good luck!

Dear i want basics settings of Equaliser and app settings

So kindly fulfill my need

9 minutes ago, Umer J Khan said:

Dear i want basics settings of Equaliser and app settings

So kindly fulfill my need

App tweaking settings can be found in PA EQ > (tap the three-lines menu icon) > Settings.

As for your audio adjustments, move the various sliders up and down for each frequency band, or just use the coarser Bass and Treble knobs. What values you arrive at are up to you; unless you have an external frequency analyser and appropriate audio samples to test the frequency response curves of your device, your speakers/headset, and even your ears, it's mostly a case to play around until your music sounds how you like it. There are no one-size-fits-all answers - if there were, all audio apps would be pre-configured that way and there would be no EQ controls at all.  

Andre

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but the app doesn't disappear, even when apps are closed. At first everything worked normally, when I close all media playing apps the notification disappeared. But then at some point it stopped doing so. IDK what the problem is, I tried force closing all apps (Youtube, Spotify, as well as Poweramp EQ itself), but as soon as I open the EQ the notification appears and doesn't disappear 😕

IMG_20210121_221934_080.jpg

20 minutes ago, maxmp said:

You can disable this via Keep Session in Settings / Known Players

Believe it or not, but I haven't opened Spotify or Youtube for at least a few hours, "Keep Session" is and was disabled, and.. it didn't disappear.. :/

Don't want to disabled notification completely because I use it for quick access to disable/enable EQ (I use it for one set of earphones, mostly for the Balance feature, but don't use it with my other earphones). 

5 hours ago, Mayuri said:

Believe it or not, but I haven't opened Spotify or Youtube for at least a few hours, "Keep Session" is and was disabled, and.. it didn't disappear.. 😕

Yep, the same bug happens to me too. I remember Max said some players never report closing audio sessions, I am guessing it has something to do with that 🤔

On 11/27/2020 at 9:28 PM, maxmp said:

Build 890:

• added advanced experimental audio session tracking
    Allows equalization for players that don't expose their audio session (such as Tidal), and fixes issues for players with audio session bugs (such as YoutubeMusic), but requires ADB and notification permissions
    Some players still may fail to be detected (Oppo built-in player, players using Direct/Offload output)
  • translations updates
  • bug fixes and stability improvements

Still can't get Tidal to work. Am I an anomaly?