Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/13/2019 at 8:35 AM, blaubär said:

I would suggest disabling the equalizer and tone. The carpenters probably knew what they were doing and wanted their music to be listened to as they made it.

I don't agree with that, because differences between hardware setups is vast, so there is no way you'll be able to listen to the song the way it's meant to be.

Also, the audio engineers produce the sound in a way that will compensate for most hardware out there, and that's where the equalizer comes in —to correct the inadequacies of our hardware, and frequencies that apply to everyone and not you in particular.

17 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Giving the most recent Eagles (2007) another spin. I'd give it 4 of 5 stars.

Thank you for this hint, I had forgotten this album and did listen to it after reading your post, I rate it at 4+. It was a good continuation to the Neil Young album I where listening to before switching, did blend in quite well.

Folder.jpg

7 hours ago, 6b6561 said:

Thank you for this hint, I had forgotten this album and did listen to it after reading your post, I rate it at 4+. It was a good continuation to the Neil Young album I where listening to before switching, did blend in quite well.

After the Gold Rush is a great album! I've been a Neil Young fan since Buffalo Springfield, especially Buffalo Springfield - Again (1967).

Edited by w3wilkes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 9:17 AM, 6b6561 said:

I'm still on my 1001 odyssey, this collage is back from when I hit 100 albums... what makes this a slow ordeal is that I insist on owning the albums, it's fun to rummage through piles of discs in second hand shops and pick up "new" discs. I'm not only picking up discs on this lists, I guess max one out of five purchases are from the 1001 list.

Process would be much faster with Spotify, but picking the discs one by one makes me listen more carefully to it than picking them in Spotify. Doing it by Spotify would most likely be like listening to the radio with only your left ear and not concentrating.

1001.jpg

On 1/24/2022 at 4:14 AM, 6b6561 said:

Process would be much faster with Spotify, but picking the discs one by one makes me listen more carefully to it than picking them in Spotify. Doing it by Spotify would most likely be like listening to the radio with only your left ear and not concentrating.

I'm protesting Spotify... Neil Young and Joni Mitchell have removed their music from Spotify because Spotify is allowing Joe Rogan to spread misinformation about Covid.

• 3 weeks later...