The Music - What Are You Listening to?

w3wilkes

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of my listening tends to be either podcasts (while I'm out walking or driving) or random playback by track, or sometimes playlist, at night.  So my most recently played 10 tracks would be a pretty eclectic list!

I have been listening to the Stranger Things soundtrack (both the first one and the new series 3 release) recently though.

Andre

3 hours ago, Martin Medrano said:

I listen to the carpenters and I want to know of any good preset suggestions that I can use for their type of music.

I would suggest disabling the equalizer and tone. The carpenters probably knew what they were doing and wanted their music to be listened to as they made it.

Picked this up 1.5 years ago. It's absolutely wonderful! Allmusic classifies it as Pop/Rock however I'd say it's got a very Country Folksie feel. Each of the songs seems to tell an aspect of Jason's life stories. Great music and lyrics.

Folder.jpg.3363e359b181f08a4470d3d63d0fe0c0.jpg

'Visceral' and 'bloodcurdling' aren't adjectives usually associated with Anglican church music, but they're about right for Giles Swayne's unique setting of the Magnificat. I heard it yesterday at evensong in St Paul's Cathedral and was listening to this recording on repeat on the train home. Guaranteed to wake up even the doziest congregation and make them wonder when the demons got into the choir stalls.

screenshot.jpg

12 hours ago, blaubär said:

What's that supposed to mean 😀 ? The music is louder than any lawn mower ? Or will it drive your neighbour into madness ?

It means this is a fantastic album regardless of what your doing when you listen to it. I have my phone in my pocket with wired full can headphones so no trouble with the neighbors.. Only have to run about 2/3 volume to be able to ignore the lawn mower. Oh, and with this album a little volume is good, kinda like Led Zepplin.

A fantastic album from 1986, Jackson Browne / Lives in the Balance. The issues this album talks about are very much still relevant regarding the world political state and the plight of the poor around the world.

Folder.jpg.76fd03cf4bb856329efe1a532380dd95.jpg

42 minutes ago, blaubär said:

And what is it like musically ?

It is in the Pop/Rock genre. The music is wonderful and has a driving quality that is very fitting to the messages. 

Criticizes the US government on countries that are called "friends" like governments that commit genocide in their countries and the US government looks the other way.