The Music - What Are You Listening to?

w3wilkes

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just can't go wrong with any of Mark's music all the way from "Dire Straits - Dire Straits" up through "Down the Road Wherever". But this one is extremely good and when the guests pop in on a couple of the songs there's no question as to who they are.

Folder.jpg.c55e57756cc410da4fcd74b83aab1a93.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Listening to the "Medley" from "The Beatles - Abbey Road";

08 Because
09 You Never Give Me Your Money
10 Sun King
11 Mean Mr Mustard
12 Polythene Pam
13 She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
14 Golden Slumbers
15 Carry That Weight
16 The End

Folder.jpg.4c1c1ca4dcdf8e8740114b3d4089f80b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

10 from 6 - Bad Company - 1973 to 1981. I'd give it 4 of 5 stars.

Interesting that the album is supposed to be 10 songs from their first 6 albums however, look closely and you'll discover that there are no songs from the Burnin' Sky album so it should properly be called 10 from 5! What were they smokin' when the folks at Atlantic Records put this together??

Folder.thumb.jpg.a8131708449f285450cfd5f7c07573ea.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 7:06 PM, mazeseven said:

To my surprise all of you listen to non mainstream music huh. Even I never know such songs in my life. I know metal a lot such this

Interesting that The Beatles, Bad Company, Mark Knopfler, Elton John / Leon Russell, Jackson Browne, Fleetwood Mac, Great White, AC/DC, The Carpenters, etc. would not be considered Mainstream in some circles.

1 hour ago, w3wilkes said:

Interesting that The Beatles, Bad Company, Mark Knopfler, Elton John / Leon Russell, Jackson Browne, Fleetwood Mac, Great White, AC/DC, The Carpenters, etc. would not be considered Mainstream in some circles.

I don't mix in those circles - although I suspect my daughter does. :)

Andre

10 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Well,, I didn't mean that ones,, but the rest that I never listen to,, lol. I know those bands songs 

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_20200529_184523vv.thumb.jpg.51cfe69c3817590f62c93aec7769c36f.jpg

I'm a huge Marvin Gaye fan and recently discovered this 'naughty' gem of a track last month.

I listen to a wide variety of music most notable 90s Hip Hop, 90s R&B, 80s mainstream, 80s Soul, 19th century Classical, 90s Brit Rock/Pop, 50s Rock n Roll, Doo Wop and Indie music.

I could never get into Metal or Country - I tried. Everyone has their tastes and finer nuances within tastes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2019 at 3:14 AM, w3wilkes said:

Funny thing... Our grandson, who's 10, wanted an MP3 player for Christmas. We had one that doesn't get used because we now have all our music on our phones for when we're away from home. Since we had the original box and all the stuff for the MP3 player we wrapped it up for him for Christmas. I bought a 256GB MicroSD card and put all our music on it and I asked him what his favorite songs were. He said "Monster - Skillet" and "Blue - Eifel 65". I'll admit I'd not heard of either band. Well, being an album type person I bought both the Skillet - Awake and Eifel 65 - Europop albums that have his favorite songs and put them on his player too. Yesterday I put both these albums on while we were running some errands. I might listen to Eifel 65 again sometime, but "Skillet - Awake" is a right fine album that I've spun up a few times now. I'd give it a full 4 of 5 stars! Oh, the grandson is tickled with his "new" MP3 player!

Folder.thumb.jpg.87824edcd60165bc39424d3116dd91a2.jpg

Your grandson has great taste :) I also love Monster by Skillet, grew up with it, but also many other songs by them as well as bands like Disturbed, Evanescence, Breaking Benjamin and many many more ;)

• 5 weeks later...