Poweramp Build 809

maxmp

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, this is meant to be an English-language forum if for no other reason than otherwise people's posts will simply get ignored by the vast majority of users so they won't get any useful responses or feedback here. I have just opened the 'International' forum to other non-English languages to see if that helps, and moved the Persian translation posts there.

Andre

@andrewilleyPersian losses in the program are a few mistakes that we have solved here and we do not have a question from the association. We also ask questions in English, so it's not a concern, the result of this cooperation was that the Persian language was almost completed in a few days, as well as for I appreciate your decision for Persian language forms.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Alexsparks821 said:

When DVC is turned on with Hi-Res audio it decreases audio volume on Android Pie even after the update.

Stick to 192khz (or lower). Higher freqs are not defined properly by qualcomm code (affects Hi-Res + DVC on Pie only).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zqEp2BbNKySrYZEdxcpbmYedQpZ9V0Qv

1) @0:11  The screen doesn't auto-scroll down for the first song to go below the display. It remains hidden behind the "mini player".

2) @0:24  Changing songs (left/right swipe) using the "mini player" on the album/list screen results in the player remaining on the list you originally entered from.

Shouldn't the list change to the album of the current song?

3) It would also be great if there could be an option to go back to the player when tapping on the currently playing song from the list.

Thanks for all your hard work and updates!

5 hours ago, maxmp said:

Stick to 192khz (or lower). Higher freqs are not defined properly by qualcomm code (affects Hi-Res + DVC on Pie only).

Is there an issue only with galaxy s7 qualcomm? 

I just insalled new version on exynos galaxy s7. I see that HiRes is enabled with 192Khz. Previously when HiRes disabled, volume was less. Now w or w/o HiRes volumes are almost same. 

3 hours ago, djdarko said:

Changing songs (left/right swipe) using the "mini player" on the album/list screen results in the player remaining on the list you originally entered from. 

Confirmed - when swiping to other list the original list in the main window stays. But tapping the mini player puts it right.

@maxmp Sometimes when audio files are switched the selected sample rate and actual sample rate do not match up in High-Res audio, but match up when No DVC option is toggled of and then on. ( I have set the sample rate to 384 KHZ )

This was an issue even in the previous version of app, on my device running Android Pie.

I'll try this again since I've got no answer...

(808 beta) A couple of quick questions

Moto X4 - Android 8.1

1- If I've turned off DVC in Advanced tweaks does it override the No DVC setting in OpenSL ES Output where No DVC can be specified in the settings for each device - Headset, Speaker, Bluetooth, etc?

2- In Look and Feel I've set Screen Orientation to Portrait(Vertical). This is fine for the Player screens, but seems to have no effect on the PA Settings screens, they all rotate with the device. Is it that the Settings screens use a "method" that can't be controlled with this setting?

I'm really happy with PA v3, thanks!

2 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

1- If I've turned off DVC in Advanced tweaks does it override the No DVC setting in OpenSL ES Output where No DVC can be specified in the settings for each device - Headset, Speaker, Bluetooth, etc?

2- In Look and Feel I've set Screen Orientation to Portrait(Vertical). This is fine for the Player screens, but seems to have no effect on the PA Settings screens, they all rotate with the device. Is it that the Settings screens use a "method" that can't be controlled with this setting?

I'm really happy with PA v3, thanks!

1. Global DVC setting disables DVC for all outputs.

2. Thanks for the report.

4 hours ago, Arj008 said:

Is there an issue only with galaxy s7 qualcomm? 

I just insalled new version on exynos galaxy s7. I see that HiRes is enabled with 192Khz. Previously when HiRes disabled, volume was less. Now w or w/o HiRes volumes are almost same. 

No, this is for "official" Pie ROMs only.

4 hours ago, blaubär said:

Confirmed - when swiping to other list the original list in the main window stays. But tapping the mini player puts it right.

It won't change lists (besides, esp. for shuffle modes, that list can be far far away from the category you're in), but you can always long press mini-player to sync category/track.

@maxmp Mr. Petrov, thank you for all the hard work you are doing. I want to ask a question. I have a Android One 3rd gen device. It supports Hi-Res 24 bit/192khz audio output but only in Marshmallow. I am on Nougat currently. It gives me error when i plug my headphones. My question is, is there a problem in android system that blocks 24 bit audio offload? In build.prop, there is "24 bit audio offload enable" string. Thanks again for your all efforts. Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, asgardbekcisi said:

@maxmp I have a Android One 3rd gen device.

While such devices usually support hi-res in hardware, Android One is close to AOSP sources and doesn't include Qualcomm (QAF) patches and configs to enable hi-res. Same applies to Pixel line of devices, which also have the perfectly capable hi-res hardware, but software doesn't include support for that.

@maxmp hi sir, Poweramp hi-res output for headset already work on pie since last updated (build 808), it can route to 24bit 96khz / 192khz in my redmi note 4 on pie, but when i check using terminal emulator with command "dumpsys media.audio_flinger" it show true 96khz, but bit depth is only show PCM_FLOAT not 24bit packed like usually on oreo or nougat.

My question is output on headset is 24bit or 32bit floating point? Thank you...

Screenshot_20181116-075007.png

On 11/14/2018 at 3:52 PM, maxmp said:

Poweramp-v3-build-808-uni.apk
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Build 808:
• fixed Album Artists label in place of Album

I realize this fix was so it didn't show "artist" and "album artist" tag side by side but feel like this option still isn't working right.

It only shows the preferred tag when looking at songs and not when looking at an album. If I go to "albums" or "artists" you still see the "artist" tag until you actually click on the album to see the songs or click on "all artist songs".

Archived