Poweramp Build 809

maxmp

9 hours ago, blaubär said:

Just being curious: what do think you would get if you could do that ? Superior sound quality from the phone speaker ?

9 hours ago, maxmp said:

There will be just increased battery usage (due to 4x processing), though that’s quite optimized in Poweramp.

Also if system is actually resamples to 48khz, thensuch support is double-useless and won’t be added.

I actually thought so(?) Because I got cleaner sound quality from the phone's speaker when using Neutron with that option on. Other than that, all of the advantages go to Poweramp for sure. I'm still a noob though, perhaps there are ways to improve sound quality output from phone's speaker?

By the way, I'd love to see you enabling that tweak option you mentioned earlier, max.

Thank you.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, invaderzim said:

No offense but having hires in the phone's speaker is kindly odd IMHO as mostly you'll have is treble, no bass (or little of it). Also mono output. Even if you have stereo, there is little to appreciate with the p.speaker in terms of hires, per se. 🤔

It's just I got cleaner sound quality with that option on, in Neutron player. That's why I'm curious and think it does actually improve the output on phone's speaker.

14 minutes ago, Gungeonkeeper said:

Can someone tell me how to disable updates in the 790 build since it's the only one that supports my lg v10 with proper hi-res? I really don't want it to update to this release (again)... 

I don't care about playlists or whatever, I just what proper sound on my v10

You mean to disable auto updates from google play?

Hit the 3 dots in the top right corner of the store page:

Screenshot_2018-10-31-09-47-16.thumb.png.1671b8d76b558d1af06603c68b3b3efd.png

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp-v3-build-809-uni.apk
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Build 809:
• Hi-Res support for Huawei Mate 20 series (incl. LDHC/HWA)
• improved Hi-Res + DVC + LDAC on Samsungs @ Android 8
• improved Album Art resolution in Folders Hierarchy
• improved file deletion from sd-card for Android 5 (Note: Meizu Android 5 ROMs have a bug which prevents deletion)
• new boring Album Art / Force Default Image option
• fix for Huawei @ Android 8 + Hi-Res + DVC volume controls on lockscreen
• translation updates - big thanks to all our Crowdin translators!
• other bug fixes

Thanks @maxmp but I still have a problem in create a widget menu that I can't scroll it down to below, like in text tab I can change "title" size but not the "other text" size, fix it max and maybe a new widget design too should help :D btw that new feature called "new boring album art" is really boring I didn't know why you add that, lol.

6 hours ago, maxmp said:

Hi Max,

A bug returned in this update.

This feature mentioned above results in Poweramp loading a Albumcover from a subfolder in stead of loading the folder.jpg in the artist folder. 

For those of us who have a custom folder.jpg to show an artist image in folder hierarchy it's important that Poweramp loads the image in the artist folder. Now it gets ignored.

Can you please fix this and return things how they used to work?

Thnx for the update 

10 hours ago, maxmp said:

Poweramp-v3-build-809-uni.apk
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Build 809:
• Hi-Res support for Huawei Mate 20 series (incl. LDHC/HWA)
• improved Hi-Res + DVC + LDAC on Samsungs @ Android 8
• improved file deletion from sd-card for Android 5 (Note: Meizu Android 5 ROMs have a bug which prevents deletion)
• new boring Album Art / Force Default Image option
• fix for Huawei @ Android 8 + Hi-Res + DVC volume controls on lockscreen
• translation updates - big thanks to all our Crowdin translators!
• other bug fixes

Thanks 

On 11/17/2018 at 8:51 AM, maxmp said:

@Kidsnd274 1. Right, LG approach to extra volume levels is to make it invisible to apps and send 16-level based volume only :) Many other devices have more-than-16 levels, but only LG selected the path which totally obscures these new levels. Specific solution is required for LGs and it's planned.

2. This heavily depends on: - audio focus settings, - actual audio focus API implementation in other app (some don't implement it - no way to know other play plays something due to security, etc.), - Poweramp selected output + DVC mode. In some output + DVC combinations sound subsystem may mute or change Poweramp volume.

3. Try Hi-Res output + DVC. On this device, on volume change it will somewhat jump each xx steps instead of smooth 76 volume levels, but otherwise it will be OK.

Also, selecting Volume Levels in Poweramp Audio tweaks settings will make that selected number of levels permanently enabled for PA, despite DAC settings, etc.

Hi. When will you put the filter again at the top of the list like the old version?

15 hours ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

Hi Max,

This feature mentioned above results in Poweramp loading a Albumcover from a subfolder in stead of loading the folder.jpg in the artist folder. 

For those of us who have a custom folder.jpg to show an artist image in folder hierarchy it's important that Poweramp loads the image in the artist folder. Now it gets ignored.

Thnx for the update 

Oneplus 6 Oreo

A big mess with album arts in folder hierarchy

Edit: not so big how it seemed to be

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I guess because a tiny phone squeaker is hardly capable of properly playing music at all, let alone in high res.

Andre

How many times are people going to ask about hi rez on a phone speaker?  I can't believe people actually think a phone speaker will sound good enough to tell the difference in hi res.    Yet i had ignorant girls tell me their phone speakers has good bass when suggesting them get a decent bluetooth speaker for music.  

19 hours ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

Hi Max,

Thnx for the update 

Agreed.  When I switched over to v3 I spent days getting artist pictures (Folder.jpg) for each artist folder.  Now they don't show up and the first album art shows instead.  I use Folder Hierarchy as well.  Other than that, smooth sailing 👍

1 hour ago, Razgriz said:

Agreed.  When I switched over to v3 I spent days getting artist pictures (Folder.jpg) for each artist folder.  Now they don't show up and the first album art shows instead.  I use Folder Hierarchy as well.  Other than that, smooth sailing 👍

Have you guys tried embedding the image with mp3tag or other software? Or, the .jpg files are just lurking in the folder?

2 hours ago, invaderzim said:

Have you guys tried embedding the image with mp3tag or other software? Or, the .jpg files are just lurking in the folder?

I think they want an artist image to show for the artist folder, so there is no mp3/file there to embed anything.

I wonder if the new change makes it refer to the same files as non folder hierarchy images.

@Razgriz Check this out: EDIT- I tested this, and it doesn't work for folders hierarchy.

Archived