Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

42 minutes ago, maxmp said:

By forum requests, added settings to enable/disable skin options:
- static seekbar
- extra buttons

Great idea Max.

Oh, and I like the use of the term 'category' rather than 'list'. I have spent so much time over the years trying to explain to new users about PA's concept of a 'List' not being the same as a Playlist, and using the term Category instead makes that much easier.

Andre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The skins anxiety and the finished version is great, great work max, I sincerely prefer the navigation by the same buttons, so the change made by the skins made me at least the PA look incredible. I and many here in Brazil are waiting, waiting like crazy for this update. ???

Axon 7 works well, both experimental hi-res and OpenSL ES HD work and sound distinct from the normal output.

Interface is very nice to use, beautiful in it's simplicity. The search button is great (though I wish it automatically engaged the software keyboard). Animations are pleasant. 

For whatever reason the artists sorting in library is unresponsive, and the folders option crashes the app. List options also doesn't work. Tried fresh install and resetting settings, but same results. I'm assuming it's just beta bugs, but thought it was worth reporting just in case.

Will switch over to this built full-time for now, because hi-res output wouldn't work without build.prop modifications before that reset every reboot and would break my camera, so the awkward navigation is worth the tradeoff.

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Tap, Double-Tap, and Long-Press could have a series of choices such as:

That would make it too complicated. Long press is fine with the shuffle icon. And a volume slider is just as good but i don't think there is space for one on the now playing screen

1 hour ago, Ameya28 said:

That would make it too complicated.

I was only suggesting those as options, nothing forced on users. I'm all for configuration options, as that's what sets PA apart from rubbish like the Sonos app (which I'm sometimes forced to use for their speakers).

I'm not especially keen on 790's current single-tap  (on most of the screen) to get to Library View, as it's far too easy to do that by accident. I'd prefer a single-tap to be a more easily escapable operation (which is how the v2 release and 70x builds work; and I have both up/down and left/right swipes disabled for the same reason).  

Andre

14 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I was only suggesting those as options, nothing forced on users.

I'm not especially keen on 790's current single-tap  (on most of the screen) to get to Library View, as it's far too easy to do that by accident. I'd prefer a single-tap to be a more easily escapable operation (which is how the v2 release and 70x builds work; and I have both up/down and left/right swipes disabled for the same reason).  

Andre

I think the tap that most disturbs you is the album art tap on the now playing screen ... I too took some time to get used to it .. but its fine .. also i think the grids will be long press for options as last time .. everything else is implemented in buttons itself ..and the shuffle and repeat buttons are already multiple tap and hold for options. The reason it feels that the lists and grids are single tap by accident is because now they have a set animation ..which makes you realise that you are now in a different list.. previous animation for v2 was just simple. .. most of the things you mentioned feel single tap are same to the previous version ... Its just they are more visually apparent now. About the gestured though yeah it would be good if they are togglelable 

6 minutes ago, Ameya28 said:

I think the tap that most disturbs you is the album art tap on the now playing screen ...

Yes, that's what I said. Even an option to make that a long-press function rather than a single-tap would be fine, and use tap to do something non-destructive such as show/hide the overlaid icons which so many people seem to dislike.

On a similar note incidentally, I've always agreed with posters who have asked for the Repeat and Shuffle icons to be simple on/off toggles, with long-press used to select the various different shuffling styles. Again, that should be a Look-and-Feel option though, as a lot of people are happy with it as-is - I just find that when trying to simply turn All Songs shuffle off, I often end up cycling round the options at least twice. :)

Andre

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, that's what I said. Even an option to make that a long-press function rather than a single-tap would be fine, and use tap to do something non-destructive such as show/hide the overlaid  icons.

Andre

The overlaid text could be show/ hide that would solve the problems of people wanting a clean album art. Whereas the single tap which is now could be double tap which would be great

39 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

select the various different shuffling styles. Again, that should be a Look-and-Feel option though, as a lot of people are happy with it as-is - I just find that when trying to simply turn All Songs shuffle off, I often end up cycling round the options at least twice. :)

Well i guess all this goes into the pro skins.. if you really need it to be implemented. Because The public or percentage of people making requests similar to your is very less.Max has already dedicated the pro skin towards you guys so maybe they all can be nitpickings fixed in those two skins. Coz i just got used to all the ui is now .. and im definitely gonna use the normal skin even when the pro is released. All this does though is delay the final release by a few margins. I hope max finishes the libraries first so we can use the new interface as a daily driver 

IMG_20180604_135220.thumb.jpg.75cfdbddfa396ee8d7f7346684c627dc.jpg

The above image is of build 390IMG_20180604_135508.thumb.jpg.44dfa1033ac6cea1d52e4f05f0e3ed9f.jpg

And this is of v2

Don't know what is happening with this player and miui 9.5(oreo 8.1) in xiaomi Redmi note 5 pro. The problem is when i play any song with album art enabled, it act as blank label at notification panal instead of showing song details. Its not only v3, both v2 and all v3 builds are giving me this problem. This is the only player with this problem. Working fine with other players like miui default player or black player. Please fix this problem. I really like this player. 

27 minutes ago, Ameya28 said:

The public or percentage of people making requests similar to your is very less.

Oh I agree, I was just mentioning the idea of toggling the Shuffle icon in passing while I thought about it. It's the option for removal of the extra content over album art that the vast majority of users want (87% based on the poll).

Andre

50 minutes ago, StinkBeanZ said:

Amazing work, Max

The sound is improved from v703/704
v790 has more separation and little bit punchy bass, i love it ?
Thank you, Max

I know using the flac, a greater distinction of individual instruments. I enjoy this

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Oh I agree, I was just mentioning the idea of toggling the Shuffle icon in passing while I thought about it. It's the option for removal of the extra content over album art that the vast majority of users want (87% based on the poll).

Andre

Andre, 

I, unfortunately for ONE, agree with you on most every point. As a power-user of PA since the first version, still think its the best player app available! But Max got it soo right early on, that change (for change sake) isnt always necessary. ;)

The shuffle button has always been a bit of a pain for me too though, as  i very frequently want either ShuffleAll or No shuffle/no repeat functions, and like you have to scroll through all options... 

Completely agree that menu-based options are the way to go. They let all users decide what they want or do not want and set up accordingly. Then you only have to set it up once, and its there the way you like it. 

Still dont think text over album artwork looks good. And the UI is so pretty, otherwise.  :(

57 minutes ago, Mrjey said:

Found a bug. When you enable the lockscreen display. It crash

Please read first post: "No custom lockscreen (please turn off all PA lockscreen features if you find music stops when the screen goes to sleep)".

Andre

Archived