Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

My apologies if this has been stated already, I'm sure it has, but just in case not and if it needs reminding....the list options for viewing the library is unresponsive so stuck with only one way now and if you have a ton of stuff like I do it is a pain to navigate.   Also unless I'm at the very top of the library I can't select the menu options or anything which,again, if you have a TON of stuff in the library, it takes a while scroll back to the top again to change menu options or I have to back out and go back into my list to be at the top again.  Thanks for your hard work on this...I look forward to seeing where this new version goes.  ^_^

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Mcbright80 said:

My apologies if this has been stated already, I'm sure it has, but just in case not and if it needs reminding....the list options for viewing the library is unresponsive

See both the thread title and the first post. This build it not yet complete, and a lot of library modes and options are not yet supported in it.

Andre

Привет, Макс! 

При воспроизведении музыки через hi-res появляется треск в наушниках, если выбрать opensl es hd то треск исчезает. Также заметил если преамп снижаю то треск пропадает при hi-res выходе. Дело только в преампе или это потому что альфа ?

Translation:

When listening to music through hi-res, a crack appears in the headphones, if you select opensl es hd, then the crack disappears. Also noticed, if the preamp is down then the crash disappears when the hi-res output. Is it only a preamp or is it because alpha?

Screenshot_2018-06-10-22-24-29-318_com.android.settings.png

Screenshot_2018-06-10-22-14-16-032_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Screenshot_2018-06-10-22-14-06-314_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

11 hours ago, antoxa said:

Привет, Макс! 

При воспроизведении музыки через hi-res появляется треск в наушниках, если выбрать opensl es hd то треск исчезает. Также заметил если преамп снижаю то треск пропадает при hi-res выходе. Дело только в преампе или это потому что альфа ?

Screenshot_2018-06-10-22-24-29-318_com.android.settings.png

Screenshot_2018-06-10-22-14-16-032_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

Screenshot_2018-06-10-22-14-06-314_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.png

English Please.  Many of us don't speak Russian.

Translate:

When listening to music through hi-res, a crack appears in the headphones, if you select opensl es hd, then the crack disappears. Also noticed, if the preamp is down then the crash disappears when the hi-res output. Is it only a preamp or is it because alpha?

2 hours ago, antoxa said:

Translate:

Change Sample Rate to a lower value like 96khz, this fixed the cracking noise in my device.

3 hours ago, antoxa said:

When listening to music through hi-res, a crack appears in the headphones, if you select opensl es hd, then the crack disappears. 

Is this only in build 790? That build does not do any error checking to see if the requested output mode is actually available. Try build 709 (old user interface) which contains newer HD code that will be used going forward for all builds. Also try increasing the buffer size in the Output settings for that device.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Is this only in build 790? That build does not do any error checking to see if the requested output mode is actually available. Try build 709 (old user interface) which contains newer HD code that will be used going forward for all builds. Also try increasing the buffer size in the Output settings for that device.

Andre

Thank you, i will check it

Installed 790 a few days back and it worked perfectly, now it's crashing on startup. I've cleared cache, restarted my phone, etc...nothing has helped. I have a Note 8 on Sprint Network. Not rooted. Oreo OS. Haven't uninstalled and installed yet. 

20180611_094016.jpg

Классная бетка ? всё нравится, за исключением маленькой детали – неправильно читает cue, не режет альбом потреково ? Но это же бетка.

Вроде всё перетыкал в настройках, но нифига. 

Screenshot_20180612-002627.png

Screenshot_20180612-002655.png

6 hours ago, Павлик said:

Классная бетка ? всё нравится, за исключением маленькой детали – неправильно читает cue, не режет альбом потреково ? Но это же бетка.

Вроде всё перетыкал в настройках, но нифига. 

Please read the title of the thread and the first post - build 790 is not feature complete yet, especially around library functions. And please post in English in these forums for quicker responses. Thanks.

Andre

I have notice that appearing of crack depends on preamp, if preamp on high level and sound volume is too loud crack appears, but if i turning down preamp to low or very low level crack disappears. I think it some kind of overload, and crack appear or disappear when i changing my headphones to another (more cheap). Right now I am using Soul transformer and waiting when my sony h.ear on come to me, then i let you know, whether there was a problem in the headphones themselves or equalizer/preamp problem.

23 minutes ago, antoxa said:

I have notice that appearing of crack depends on preamp, if preamp on high level and sound volume is too loud crack appears

By "crack" do you mean an ongoing crackling distortion on loud passages (clipping), or do you mean a single crack (a loud click) sound that is heard on random occasions?

Andre

55 minutes ago, antoxa said:

I have notice that appearing of crack depends on preamp, if preamp on high level and sound volume is too loud crack appears, but if i turning down preamp to low or very low level crack disappears. I think it some kind of overload, and crack appear or disappear when i changing my headphones to another (more cheap). Right now I am using Soul transformer and waiting when my sony h.ear on come to me, then i let you know, whether there was a problem in the headphones themselves or equalizer/preamp problem.

Uncheck Float32 in Opensl hd

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

By "crack" do you mean an ongoing crackling distortion on loud passages (clipping), or do you mean a single crack (a loud click) sound that is heard on random occasions?

Andre

I guess it's clipping.

1 hour ago, utkuakgungor said:

Uncheck Float32 in Opensl hd

Man, please, read my posts again. I said that problem with clipping appears only with hi-res output. Open sl works good, instead of clipping there is an overload on a maximum volume (only if preamp above medium or high level), namely all instruments and sounds at a high volume are simply mixed into a mess, usually the solution to such problems is simple - connect the source and headphones to the amplifier.

32 minutes ago, antoxa said:

Man, please, read my posts again. I said that problem with clipping appears only with hi-res output. 

Open SL HD is high res too, which is what was mentioned in the previous post. That will be the high-res option available on your device for certain Android versions, whereas the Experimental High-Res will be shown on others.

It does sound as though your levels are too high somewhere in the audio path though. If you have files which are encoded at or close to 100% digital volume, and then you add some extra pre-amp gain and/or EQ boosts, then you could well not have enough headroom left to avoid some clipping (even in 24 bit). Try turning the pre-amp in the EQ screen down a bit to allow enough headroom to push the other EQ controls up.

You might also want to try PA build 709, which has some further tweaks to the high-res code which are not in the 790 build (they will be incorporated into the next beta).

Andre

35 minutes ago, mkanlikoyak said:

I installed beta v790 over the v709. Open sl hd output is active.. (finally) it is very surprised me. But i have another question: How  to back "now playing screen" from any screen?

Now playing should be miniturised at the bottom of any screen ,just tap it.

3 hours ago, antoxa said:

Man, please, read my posts again. I said that problem with clipping appears only with hi-res output. Open sl works good, instead of clipping there is an overload on a maximum volume (only if preamp above medium or high level), namely all instruments and sounds at a high volume are simply mixed into a mess, usually the solution to such problems is simple - connect the source and headphones to the amplifier.

My phone has Opensl ES HD option instead of hi res option. If i understand you correctly you have the same problem I have before. Go hi res-> wired headset. Inside wired headset there is float32 option. When i uncheck this option my problem is gone.

12 minutes ago, utkuakgungor said:

My phone has Opensl ES HD option instead of hi res option. If i understand you correctly you have the same problem I have before. Go hi res-> wired headset. Inside wired headset there is float32 option. When i uncheck this option my problem is gone.

Yeah, I am already tried this when 790 ver was installed. I tried a lot of functions and options, so i think my problem depends on preamp. When i set preamp on medium or high level clipping appears, but i turn it down its disappears. I also will test it when my new headphones come.

Archived