Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

3 hours ago, Ameya28 said:

It was updated just this month.. care to check the release version atleast befote commenting?.Personally the eq and effects of Jetaudio feel like unnecessary makeup to sound .

The alpha 790 was released in April.... May was the month for feature complete build for test and PlayStore release was planned for June early day as per MAX however later that was removed from the post by Andre... 

So just stop expecting anything as not even a single new build is released as alpha... Let's see how many days or months more... ?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, koolicecream said:

The alpha 790 was released in April.... May was the month for feature complete build for test and PlayStore release was planned for June early day as per MAX however later that was removed from the post by Andre... 

So just stop expecting anything as not even a single new build is released as alpha... Let's see how many days or months more... ?

You didn't the thread subject or the first post.  This is a beta preview not alpha.  "Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790"

I love it, finally got hi-res working on my v10 again! 

The only two things I really miss are saving my own eq presets and adding adding tracks directly to a playlist. 

Still, I got hi-res back! Thanks Max!

P.S. Worth the wait. Even in beta it's the best player around... Keep it up man!

On 6/16/2018 at 1:18 PM, maxmp said:

Hi-Res (via Open SL HD) works fine on any capable Samsung @ 8.0, S7E included.
(I should probably rename Open SL HD to Open SL Hi-Res :))))

Have you tested the Bluetooth output using the Open SL HD? I get really poor results with my S7 and Oreo using it.

On 6/16/2018 at 10:39 PM, Ameya28 said:

It was updated just this month.. care to check the release version atleast befote commenting?.Personally the eq and effects of Jetaudio feel like unnecessary makeup to sound .

So? It was updated after years. And I am using 790 and black player ex as main so I didn't know because I am on 790 when it got out. 790 is out for more than 1.5months. don't expect anything solid before November.

8 hours ago, Bobeca said:

Have you tested the Bluetooth output using the Open SL HD? I get really poor results with my S7 and Oreo using it.

is your headphones fault, if it hasn't aptx, aptHD or LDAC is using sbc which is low quality and low energy consumption codec

@andrewilley, will there be a way to re-purchase the new version? Somewhere back in the comments I read that the new version will be free upgrade. As a developer myself I know how much time and effort it costs to upgrade everything and do a full refactoring. I would like to show my appreciation and purchase the app again. Would that be possible? 

2 hours ago, tftd said:

@andrewilley, will there be a way to re-purchase the new version? Somewhere back in the comments I read that the new version will be free upgrade. As a developer myself I know how much time and effort it costs to upgrade everything and do a full refactoring. I would like to show my appreciation and purchase the app again. Would that be possible? 

Why I must pay again?

Any update must be for free.

11 hours ago, dudu said:

So? It was updated after years. And I am using 790 and black player ex as main so I didn't know because I am on 790 when it got out. 790 is out for more than 1.5months. don't expect anything solid before November.

There is a thing called completion % on every project.. now the project of v3 is almost 70% complete it should release before august . Btw i don't get why someone would use Poweramp alongside any other music player. As most of the time i will use Poweramp itself ..why would like to settle for subpar audio when i have the better one installed on my device?

1 hour ago, Ameya28 said:

There is a thing called completion % on every project.. now the project of v3 is almost 70% complete it should release before august . Btw i don't get why someone would use Poweramp alongside any other music player. As most of the time i will use Poweramp itself ..why would like to settle for subpar audio when i have the better one installed on my device?

I guess people get bored and what to try another app.  I end up doing that too.  Kinda like some people try a different brand of shampoo and conditioner each time.  My ex did that alot.  I'm like pick a brand already.  Sometimes i switch brands back and forth.  

the only other player i use is foobar2000, only because i need the stability and library for playing music or sfx for events/drama.  i also need simplicity in case someone else uses it.  not all of us can live cutting edge.

but for personal, PA v3 790 FTW!!

3 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

I guess people get bored and what to try another app.  I end up doing that too.  Kinda like some people try a different brand of shampoo and conditioner each time.  My ex did that alot.  I'm like pick a brand already.  Sometimes i switch brands back and forth.  

Haha thats true??

16 hours ago, tftd said:

Maybe purchase it for a family member or make urself a second account.

3 minutes ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

Maybe max should have a paypal account or something for donations.  Sounds like there's a few people that want to donate.  

I would love to donate for his hard work as well.

17 hours ago, Mick#7 said:

Why I must pay again?

Any update must be for free.

Yeah... you have a valid point - when I go to the grocery and buy a banana - all of the future bananas I take from there are for free! Seems legit to me! :) 
Anyway as @andrewilley mentioned - you are not required. I'm just feeling bad it's a free update. It's not like the app costs 100$ - I would gladly buy it again. 
I've been using it for a few years now and it has always been working very well.

2 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

Maybe max should have a paypal account or something for donations.  Sounds like there's a few people that want to donate.  

+1 for this. :D 

On 6/16/2018 at 1:18 PM, maxmp said:

Hi-Res (via Open SL HD) works fine on any capable Samsung @ 8.0, S7E included.
(I should probably rename Open SL HD to Open SL Hi-Res :))))

But there was on Android 7 some samsung "experimental" sound source and it was the 4th option (it has the best quality), and when I've updated to android 8, it became only 3 sound sources.

Archived