Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

6 hours ago, Martin Medrano said:

Does anyone know when the next update will release or if you know a work around for keep screen on which does not work 

Not yet, and No (other than something like setting Screen On When Charging in your Android settings). Sorry.

Andre

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just - I gotta know how a music player, after this much time in development, *loses* its artists/recently added/etc lists. There's gotta be a reason... And this update has improved sound in certain ways so I'd rather not go back to the last version.

10 minutes ago, noremac said:

I just - I gotta know how a music player, after this much time in development, *loses* its artists/recently added/etc lists. There's gotta be a reason... And this update has improved sound in certain ways so I'd rather not go back to the last version.

That is because previous bunch of users voted for Material Design. All the fancy visual stuff. Which the current bunch of users are whining about. All the time was spent on getting the visuals right or else there would be even more whining. 

10 minutes ago, noremac said:

I just - I gotta know how a music player, after this much time in development, *loses* its artists/recently added/etc lists. There's gotta be a reason.

Just the amount of time it was taking to get all of the separate menus and screens integrated within the new interface, once the basic background interface and animation code was complete. Max had the choice of yet a further delay beyond his promised end-of-April date (which would most definitely not have been popular!) or release it with a few elements still to be included, for testing purposes (which the forums were baying for - a lot of people were saying why didn't he release what he'd completed so far; they got their wish). I think he was going to be damned either way to be honest, but at least this way there is something tangible to prove the project is still alive - which was starting to be debated - and users are not forced to try this version as a daily driver.

Andre

31 minutes ago, quirK said:

That is because previous bunch of users voted for Material Design. All the fancy visual stuff. Which the current bunch of users are whining about. All the time was spent on getting the visuals right or else there would be even more whining. 

Well the previous bunch of users will also have 709 installed on their phones duh! The current bunch i feel is now placing bug reports or comments trying to change the ui to their liking ... Some are being more animated about it just that.

34 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Just the amount of time it was taking to get all of the separate menus and screens integrated within the new interface, once the basic background interface and animation code was complete. Max had the choice of yet a further delay beyond his promised end-of-April date (which would most definitely not have been popular!) or release it with a few elements still to be included, for testing purposes (which the forums were baying for - a lot of people were saying why didn't he release what he'd completed so far; they got their wish). I think he was going to be damned either way to be honest, but at least this way there is something tangible to prove the project is still alive - which was starting to be debated - and users are not forced to try this version as a daily driver.

Andre

What max did was right... People are gonna complain even when the final v3 is released. You just can't satisfy everyone

13 hours ago, Mayank Choudhary said:

Hello Poweramp team?

I am enjoying Poweramp very much ?

I have also added 10000+ visualizations?.   I am very happy with this stunning version.  thank you Developers ?

Now suggestions time..

? Song meta info i.e. Which is at the  bottom of the screen is only changing on touch. I think  it should be auto changing with slide up animation. 

? current song /Total song is also not showing on the main UI, I think it should be also there in some corner. 

? Artist name  textview should be more dynamic and it will  good when it will also show album, genre, year etc... , next song with  slide up transition animation. 

? as I have already suggest that current playing Song name color should match the surrounding this should be similar to visualization name panel. 

? visualization is not changing automatically please fix it soon. 

Please sir don't feel bad I am not finding flaws I want that our favorite player should be best player in the world. ?

Love You Super Developers.. ?

Thank you?

Screenshot_20180505-010416.png

How did you change your visualizer preset, for me none of the preset's are showing up

13 hours ago, Panda Patético said:

How did you change your visualizer preset, for me none of the preset's are showing up

Copy the new .milk files into /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets/ (in device storage, not SD Card). Then use PA Settings> Visualization > Rescan Presets (or Full Preset Rescan if you prefer).

What I don't know is how to select specific presets though. I'm guessing that the control panel (which was in the drag-from-right-edge panel on 704) has not been implemented yet, so perhaps there are going to be more options via long-pressing on the icon on the Player Screen at some point? [Edit: when the visualisation is running AND music is playing you get a new floaty control bar at the top of the regular player screen which allows making selections]

Andre

5 hours ago, Draconican said:

Love the new UI, Poweramp build 709 rarely crashes on my phone and I'm lovin' the notification shade that matches the colors of the album/song. It reminds me of google play music notification bar. Keep it up max. 

Screenshot_20180505-142246.png

What is your device?

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

One could argue that if you can't tell if the sound is better by listening, checking it via software it's a somewhat pointless exercise anyway... ;) 

Andre

thinking exactly the same thing. Many cannot hear the difference between lo-res mp3 and flac file even, particularly in mobile environments without good equipment. 

Now just urgently needed the update with the patched jambs of the library. The rest can close your eyes. But someone here said that Max will only release a fully working version. Everything is much prose - the interface is written on the knee for a couple of days, as the player stopped buying in the market.

7 minutes ago, PeterFalk said:

Now just urgently needed the update with the patched jambs of the library. The rest can close your eyes. But someone here said that Max will only release a fully working version. Everything is much prose - the interface is written on the knee for a couple of days, as the player stopped buying in the market.

Why are YOU even still here? You insisted countless times this update would NEVER HAPPEN at all. 

Just to contribute with my experience só far (ASUS ZenFone 3 ZE520kl android 8.0)

If i press the widget, it wont take me to PA

Library search through Artist doesnt work, it does not respond

HD seems to BE working.

When it ends the final song of an album, PA force closes.

I have full paid version. So far, thats what I've noticed.

12 hours ago, Rainsky said:

This is caused by MIUI custom. The expand notification bar works both on Android N and O, however MIUI customed the notification bar so it does not support expanding.

The solution is possible. The notification bar style should be able to select from the setting menu manually to solve this ROM related problem.

@maxmp

Tried changing the notification settings in Poweramp look and feel settings , still same,

Hope this problem does not occur in final build of Poweramp

Isn't the new version 790 and not 709? Anyway, tried this version over 704. My experiences:

Going to Folders would crash. No amount of changing settings, rescan, etc would fix it. Then I uninstalled, and reinstalled the new version. Going to Folders was fine. Then I would Import Settings from the old version and it was back to crashing. So something is off with the settings from one version to another.

Wondering how the thumbs up/down is going to work in regards to the 5-star ratings from previous versions. I've purchased the app New Playlist Manager to always have these settings from phone to phone, or if I got a new SD card. These ratings are important. If you don't like a song, don't give it a thumbs down...delete it from your phone.

Bugs
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x, Android 7.0 NDR90M, MIUI Global 9.5.8.0
Sound stoped when off display. Setting "Wakelock" not work.
From the widget there is no transition to the player

При гаснувшем экране воспроизведение останавливается, настройка Wakelock не помогает.
Из виджета нет перехода в сам плеер

https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/dac/xiaomi-redmi-note-4x-Poweramp-790.php

Hi-Rez Out is worked. Sound without distortion. The audio output is reduced to 16 bits. A 44.1 kHz output is set but a different sample rate is output.

Version 703 in Android 6 worked better. There was a correct output of 24 bits and a direct playback of 44.1 kHz.

Hi-Rez Out действительно работает. Звук без специфических искажений. Но, есть снижение разрядности до 16 бит и звуковой поток выводится не в выставленных 44,1 кГц, а ресемплится до другой частоты. Версия v703 под Android 6 выводила звук в 24 бит и напрямую в 44.1 кГц.

https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/dac/xiaomi-redmi-note-4x-44.php

18 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Thanks, see first post though.

Andre

This is not criticism, it is information for only statistics. I read the first post and I understand that the player is functioning partially. I hope that this information will help for further development.

Archived