Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

@andrewilley

It might be a good idea to edit the first post to include a mini FAQ with answers to common questions/troubles. It *might* help with some of the double/triple/quadruple posts asking the same thing(s).

Things as wipe data for crashes, a mini how-to concerning navigation with the new UI...

Just throwing it out there.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, thanks Max!, It feels like a perfect combination between style and power.

Second, i have some questions, are the next/previous track button and a linear seekbar coming back in the next update? (or in the process of development)

And one more last thing, thanks andre for all your patience over this 2 years!

59 minutes ago, Feilakas said:

Started my testing with a show-stopping bug.

I really, REALLY do not want to re-create my EQ presets so I re-imported my saved 703/704 settings upon update.
If I do, I cannot access the "folder" menu AT ALL. The app will either (and weirdly enough) say "This means nothing to me" or it will simply crash.

Deleting my settings and staring fresh fixes it, but I lose all my EQ presets which for me is a no-go.

Also, I cannot find a button or gesture to jump to the next folder/album/playlist. The swiping gestures only switch the song.

I installed the new version on top of 704 and it kept all of my EQ presets.

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

It should stay off if you toggle the setting to "Disabled" (i.e. icon is outline hollow rather than filled-in black). If it does not, try clearing the app's cache and data, or reinstall the 790 .apk file cleanly rather than over 704.

Andre

The best way to disable the visualisation is "CLOSE YOUR EYES"

Pretty please, will there be a button to get to the album, artist or folder from the song screen? Thanks 

Edit:
Just found out that when I tap the bar at the bottom (the one that shows which song is currently playing when you're in the list) the song plays again from the beginning. Now I'm not sure but I think that wasn't the case in the first moments with the 790 release, maybe something happened... Is there a way to choose the action the bottom bar does when tapped? Thanks a lot

P. S. The app is great. Big thanks to Max and also Andre, I have mad respect for him too. Keep up the good work guys. 

4 hours ago, utahman1971 said:

I would not be using Hi Res and it has low volume because if you turn it up louder, and Max fixes it and you forget about lowering the volume. You could lose your hearing because it will just blow out your ears. I am sticking with basic output until then. Just a warning to those still going to use Hi Res, and the DVC does not work.

Otherwise, I love the way this app looks now. I am going to use as daily music app, because all I need is play then shuffle all songs, and I am happy, if it sounds enough volume for me to hear without turning it up really loud to hear the music.

If you adjust the sample rate it dramatically increases the volume, lower it down before you adjust it! 

Just now, Martin Medrano said:

Why does the new build stop playing music when I turn off my phone s8 

Have you tried turning Keep Service and Use Wakelock on (in Settings > Misc), and also stop your device from putting the app to sleep to save power.

Andre

2 hours ago, BROKEN said:

On my lg v20, trying to select artist section will not work. For now I have to use album section to select what I want.

Really? You can't even be bothered to read the first two lines of the message that you actually quoted in your question?

Andre

14 minutes ago, johnbyebye said:

Works fine for me. 

Then you're luckier than me.

It would be great if the final app had a settings sanitizer, just to make sure the upgraded app will work just as well (and as reliably) as if it was installed from scratch...

EDIT: After some further testing, it appears that when I import the settings from the previous version, the app will crash whenever it tries to access the phone files & folder list.
The app will keep working fine if I try to navigate my music library by artist/song/whatever but as soon as I try to access the folders it will crash. Selecting the "autodetect my music folders" option in settings will also result in a crash, hence why I believe that my old settings (which originally came from the v2 builds of the app) must somehow be incompatible with how the current version checks the phone's file system.

Is it possible to only import the EQ presets and not the settings?
Failing that, is it possible to ONLY reset all settings to the defaults?
I did search but couldn't find one such option...

1 hour ago, Ovetto said:

The new Poweramp (beta 790) is pathetic. It's not worth a two-year wait. Much ado about nothing, as they say.

It's called beta for a god-damn reason. Maybe you should not be testing since you're no more than a whiner.

2 minutes ago, utahman1971 said:

Actually, it is disable by default and says not supported anyways, and it was on alpha 704.

The sound reproduction runs perfectly for me.

Playback of Hi Res tracks sounds excellent and the sound quality during upsampling is above average.

I use an AXON 7 and until yesterday Poweramp showed me an ERROR MESSAGE instead of playing music in HI RES.

So far, I can not complain about problems or other misconduct of Poweramp.

1 hour ago, Tibor said:

I have a folder with a ripped CD (flac and cue) that is not recognized even if I Rescan library.... 

Would just like to chime in on this as this is the only post about it I saw. I also have one with a .cue file and a big flac file about 250MB that has a whole CD track set in and Poweramp Beta will not see it and if I try to play it through a file explorer then Poweramp Beta will crash. 

Also, a little feedback I haven't had time to test out HiRes on my V20 but the app looks pretty good and makes me want an OLED screen and can't wait for a proper black theme. Also loving the search button on the bottom. Alot of phones now are 5.5 in and bigger so it's a pain when the search button is at the top. I really don't care about the theme or the redesign and I'm more function over form but I have to admit that the theme and the app with animations looks really good.

8 minutes ago, GiuseppeX said:

Please make it compatible with s3 rom stocks. He tells me problem with the analysis of the package:mellow:

Minimum Android version is Lollipop or Android 5. The S4 never got lollipop so I'm pretty sure the S3 never did either officially.

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Really? You can't even be bothered to read the first two lines of the message that you actually quoted in your question?

Andre

Max doesn't help it much either. I glanced over them. Twice

Something like

Not yet implemented:

• most library categories, list/track/preset
  • operations like deletion, adding to playlists
  • landscape and tablet layouts
  • custom lockscreen
  • etc

would be much harder to miss.

Please don't be angry about something you (i belive), can at least partially fix yourself

Archived