Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Play Store beta releases will probably not be issued while the version is so feature-incomplete, please download new beta updates manually from here in the meantime.

Andre

Hi Andre... Even I m on oneplus 5 with android 8.1... 

Want to confirm... Are you facing issue when click on the song name below is the song restarting..? 

PicsArt_04-30-09.03.43.jpg

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never commented, and this is likely going to be my last comment. For the record, I think I've tried every single music app on the play store and nothing beats Poweramp. Some of them are pure garbage to be honest. I've only found this out because, like many of you, I was looking for a suitable replacement for Poweramp. The closest thing I found was BlackPlayer EX. I bought it 2 days ago and have been mostly happy with it. It still does not have everything Poweramp offers, so Poweramp is still number one as far as I'm concerned.

So why did I buy it then? Because being on a Beta release of Poweramp, which more or less stopped being a reliable app upon Oreo release, and having to wait for god knows how long it's been to now finally get on a Beta Preview (i.e. Alpha) release, is simply ridiculous from a development perspective. No app takes that long to develop, doesn't matter that there is only one dev. It just simply doesn't take that long to update a pre-existing app. It's not like building a new app from scratch, the code base is already there! 

That said, this new version is pretty nice. It works, simply put. Not feature complete I know, but it at least it doesn't crash so magnificently. And the UI is nice, I love it. Based on how long it took to get this far though, I'm not holding my breath that we will see anything new for another 2 years (including an actual final release, not Beta or Beta Preview or whatever you choose to call it). Max has other priorities obviously, regardless of whether he is the best damn dev to make a music player for Android, and more power to him, he's living his life. Just do yourselves a favor and look for something that works for you or understand from your past experiences that you're never going to get a fully functional Poweramp. At best, we'll get another Beta build, then silence for a year or two while Andre does battle with you all in the forums. The history of this app is an excellent indicator of how things will play out.

Worth waiting for this update.... nice animation and UI...

Hi-Res working great on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (Whyred) ON 7.1.1 based ROM...

but when hi-res enabled audio sounds like bass heavy, compared to 703/704...

Screenshot_2018-04-30-20-14-55-977_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.png.078ea5c71710288095461a3a4b9ec5e9.png

if possible please move title, album, artist to below album art..

i know it will be heavy task as you need to recreate lots of animation...

Screenshot_2018-04-30-20-17-47-584_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.png.1f545a8fa84ef516f9fb0bfe23a165b7.png

Thanks for making such awesome app...

17 minutes ago, dibyendumaji said:

Worth waiting for this update.... nice animation and UI...

Hi-Res working great on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (Whyred) ON 7.1.1 based ROM...

but when hi-res enabled audio sounds like bass heavy, compared to 703/704...

Screenshot_2018-04-30-20-14-55-977_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.png.078ea5c71710288095461a3a4b9ec5e9.png

if possible please move title, album, artist to below album art..

i know it will be heavy task as you need to recreate lots of animation...

Screenshot_2018-04-30-20-17-47-584_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.png.1f545a8fa84ef516f9fb0bfe23a165b7.png

Thanks for making such awesome app...

What bass limit u have kept when hi res is activated?

28 minutes ago, jadecell said:

I've never commented, and this is likely going to be my last comment. For the record, I think I've tried every single music app on the play store and nothing beats Poweramp. Some of them are pure garbage to be honest. I've only found this out because, like many of you, I was looking for a suitable replacement for Poweramp. The closest thing I found was BlackPlayer EX. I bought it 2 days ago and have been mostly happy with it. It still does not have everything Poweramp offers, so Poweramp is still number one as far as I'm concerned.

blarblar

It's 2018 and the best is still Poweramp. That says something about how lacking of a complete vision the other Android Music Player devs have (except GoneMAD, maybe). I don't get why Max's slowness gets all the hate. Does Neutron get aggressive and passive-aggressive criticism from users regarding its UI? Does BlackPlayer get hate for still only being second best to Poweramp? Did the good tunes stop playing between v2 and v3 beta preview? v2 is still number 1, and v3 is going to take over the number 1 position. So please just get off your soapbox, and think hard about even whether your post is relevant in this particular thread.

@quirK It's nice that you know what year it is. Do you also know what year a final release of Poweramp last came out? My post is not at all hating on Max, he's made a fine product, it's just a statement of fact considering how much complaining about updates has gone on here over the years. Enjoy waiting for the next beta :)  

@maxmp

- Last.FM scrobbling is still broken (as reported multiple times since Jan 2016, first 7xx alpha release)
- RATING tag support still not delivered (It has been asked feature since Nov 2010!!!!!)

The new version coming up is great but can we please iron out the above, we've been waiting for the RATING tag literally for years 

15 minutes ago, samlee said:

Found OpenSL ES HD and Hi-Res Direct working in LG V20 LG-F800K (Korean-KTF), S/W version 11e.

One minor problem is that this device supports 32b/384KHz output, but the app is using 24b/96-192KHz max.

Yes, I noticed a few new devices actually support 384kHz, and this certainly will be added -though it makes sense only for DSD playing. 

15 minutes ago, SHADOW-XIII said:

@maxmp

- Last.FM scrobbling is still broken (as reported multiple times since Jan 2016, first 7xx alpha release)
- RATING tag support still not delivered (It has been asked feature since Nov 2010!!!!!)

The new version coming up is great but can we please iron out the above, we've been waiting for the RATING tag literally for years 

The rating tag is somewhat not easy to do due to like half of formats not supporting that (so you have to have rating in the database anyway), and another half of formats requiring complete file rewrite on tag change (you don't want to do that saying for anything larger than few mb on disk). The planned feature is to synchronize ratings to the files, which support it, as needed via settings.

Basically it means, Like/Unlike buttons won't change file rating on the storage, but ratings can be exported if desired.

I think the text in black boxes are a bit unpleasant. They dont allow to see full art image, hidden most of them. As a suggestion, I think a bit of transparency of the the black box would be nice, or even a smaller font making the box smaller.

Also I like to add a feature suggestion, been able to traverse the folders in hierarchical mode.

Nice update. I think Poweramp continue been the best. Congratulation Max.

Regards

11 minutes ago, maxmp said:

The rating tag is somewhat not easy to do due to like half of formats not supporting that (so you have to have rating in the database anyway), and another half of formats requiring complete file rewrite on tag change (you don't want to do that saying for anything larger than few mb on disk). The planned feature is to synchronize ratings to the files, which support it, as needed via settings.

Basically it means, Like/Unlike buttons won't change file rating on the storage, but ratings can be exported if desired.

@maxmp is it possible for u to provide us old seekbar as a option..

Rest all d UI is jzt awesome...worth the wait

This new beta is awesome the UI looks awesome I'm super impressed excellent work by Max hats off to you though it's in a testing phase some UI & library feature not working I don't want to mention them as it already mentioned

New high res audio engine is incredible if I'm not wrong it's far better than V3 alpha my headphones sounds so good than ever before. There's nothing like Poweramp or even close

Hell yeah I am satisfied

@maxmp

The new UI is the best in every perspective! I love the new seekbar. I can say the best UI for music player in Android, because I own every other major player and I test all of them. But Poweramp is so good, I bought it twice, Playstore and site version and I use it as a daily driver. I can't change it.

I have some suggestions very important to me :

1) I see you won't implemented the feature to read the embedded artwork from the id mp3 tags first. I edit every file manually before I upload it to my phone.

2) Could you make the new library to read the delimiter character ";" that separates the artists and the genres to saw them separate in artist library and genre. (example : MusicBee Player for Windows)

Thank's for this piece of art! Good job!

1 hour ago, koolicecream said:

Hi Andre... Even I m on oneplus 5 with android 8.1... 

Want to confirm... Are you facing issue when click on the song name below is the song restarting..? 

PicsArt_04-30-09.03.43.jpg

Yes, I noticed it firstly and reported already. 

Try to force close the application and check issue. Atleast it's working fine now after a force closing for me.

Archived