List of Android Devices with Hi-Res Audio Support (Internal DAC)

maxmp

HTC One M8

S.Team-JW-7.5.0 (full HTC 10 port based 1.53.708.4 ) test only with Harman/Kardon (not use h/k features)  / Android 6.0.1

Snapdragon PCM 24bit/192kHz with SoX resampler:

Screenshot_20160518-012737.png

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

HTC One (M8) with Wolla s6.2 on Harman Kardon audio setting.

Didn't work on GPE stock ROM. 

Works great but no sound when I choose 44.1 or 48kHz. 

Does this mean if I use audio_policy file of this ROM on GPE ROM, it will work too?

Screenshot_20160604-193846.png

• 2 weeks later...

Long time Poweramp user & with this new build NUCKIN FUTZ!!! 

Confirmed working on:

Samsung GALAXY s7 - SM-G930V - 6.0.1

LG G3 - vs985 - 6.0.1 Stock ROM

LG G3 - vs985 - 6.0.1 BrokenOS, CyanideL, Dirty Unicorns & TipsyOS

Hello all,

Work perfectly on my OnePlus One with Flac 16-bit/44khz (Ressurection Remix Android 6.0.1)

I test on my car MTCB Android Headunit with Flac 16-bit/44khz, I have a little crack in sound when started but now it's Ok (Rom Malaysk 4.1.1)

I will test 24-bit/96khz and 192khz next time on the headunit and keep you inform.

Working great on HTC 10!! Thanks :P hope that will be available stable soon.

For now there's a bug in audio management: for Android, audio is recognised as casted from an external device, and not directly from smartphone; to avoid this, it seems that "No DVC" solves it, but with volume reduction (could someone confirm this? TY in advance)

EDIT: after 5-10 tracks, Output Hi-Res Audio crashes and Poweramp doen't play other tracks until an app restart.

• 2 weeks later...

Samsung Galaxy S7 Snapdragon version as well.

SAMSUNG-SM-G930V

Andriod version 6.0.1

There does seem to be some weird hiccups tonight though. More than likely due to the contacs of the audio plug though. This is the first time I've used it with my amp lol. Quits playing for no apperant reason then the sound comes back at reduced volume. Sometimes the setting show is changed from high res back to andriod audio, either way the volume drops. This is the first time this had happened. For the last 2 months I have just used my IEMs and never had an issue.

Edit: Yes, it's just the cable.

PSX_20160729_041245OG.jpg

Redmi Note 3 stock, works fine. Needs the wakelock & do not unload on idle options enabled though. 

Hidden benefit: Apple music & the stock player also end up using the Poweramp path, and the better audio persists as long as Poweramp is still loaded in memory. I have 3gb of it so it's benefits all the way, really. 

On 7/30/2016 at 3:17 PM, 384K64B said:

ZTE Axon 7.

24-bit snapdragon output works on the Axon 7 US, but it doesn't use the built in DACs. Using the normal GL ES path actually sounds better than the hi-res output since they system will use the external DACs then. I had previously provided the audio_policy.conf from the Chinese version (same audio hardware) on the request thread.

97FcNKE.jpgWorks on LeEco Le2 (Model Id X526, Snapdragon 652, android 6.0.1). The audio quality on hi res and default openSL output, sounds same to me. Maybe because I am using type-c to 3.5mm adaptor for my earphones.

Screenshot_20160807-074838.jpg

Edited by harsh
Added image