List of Android Devices with Hi-Res Audio Support (Internal DAC)

maxmp

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/13/2016 at 5:09 PM, nereis said:

Played with quite a bit of hacks in mixer_paths and audio_policy on the Sony Z3 Tablet Compact (pretty much hardware to Z3), and finally got Hi-res to work.

Now the device plays 24bit/44.1khz flacs without going to 48khz system sample rate. DVC is mandatory, and disabling DVC forces Poweramp to fall back to OpenSL ES.

audio_policy.conf

mixer_paths.xml

what is your changes? can you provide your stock audio_policy.conf, mixer_paths.xml?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, shivamppm said:

It was working since i haven't updated my Lenovo zuk z2 to nougat update now no option for hi res in output setting i don't know why  it's not working in 7.0 now really sad 

Are you using build 704 or still 703?

Andre

9 hours ago, shivamppm said:

It was working since i haven't updated my Lenovo zuk z2 to nougat update now no option for hi res in output setting i don't know why  it's not working in 7.0 now really sad 

Screenshot_2017-05-03-01-48-36-0029446461.png703 as on play store 

ZTE Axon 7 eu version A2017G

On marshmallow pwamp 703 worked fine with hi-res audio

on 7 nougat pwamp 704 worked but after 7.1.1, with 704 i can see the option on the settings and can enable it, but on some random occasions when i press play i get the message Failed: hi res audio, using default

EDIT: Just updated to build  V 1.2.0 b4 (7.1.1 always) still getting " Failed: Poweramp Hi res exp output. Using default output instead'

Device : Xiaomi RedMi 3S (non-Prime-16GB model)

Android : 6.0.1

MIUI : 8.2.5.0 Global Stable ROM

I have been testing for over 3 hours now (testing alpha 704). Everything works absolutely flawless.

I can confirm (atleast on my end) that it works absolutely great on this device.

Great job guys!!

Edit : I forgot to mention that when I installed it over the play store version it always crashed on launch. Had to uninstall and reinstall it but then it worked fine.

Edit : Now, noticed a bug. Seek bar upto 1:30 mark is always restarting the song instead of jumping to that particular part of song and the song lengths are wrong.

Edited by AXAT
Little bug

On 2016-4-5 at 8:02 AM, maxmp said:

I would start with the following tested devices. These are devices which were tested by me, usually, it can also work for variants (e.g. Sony Z5 line, not just Premium, etc.).

• Samsung S7 Edge (SM-G935FD, Exynos, Android 6.0.1)
  • Samsung S6 Edge (SM-G925F, Android 6.0.1)
  • Samsung Note5 (SM-N920C, Android 5.1.1, Android 6.0.1)
  • Samsung Note3 (SM-N900, Android 5.0)
  • Samsung S5 (SM-G900F, Android 5.0)
  • LG V10 (Android 5.1.1)
  • LG G4 (Android 6.0)
  • LG G3 (Android 5.0, Android 6.0)
  • LG G2 (Android 4.4.2)
  • Sony Z5 Premium (Android 5.0, Android 6.0)
  • HTC One A9 (Android 6.0.1)
  • Highscreen Boost3 (Android 5.1)
  • OnePlus One (Android 5.1.1, 12.1.1-YOG7DAS2K1)

Already added in dev. builds:

• Meizu 5 Pro
  • Sony Z3
  • Lenovo Vibe X3

Works OK as reported by users:

• BlackBerry PRIV (Android 6.0.1) - paulmedynski
  • Samsung Note4 (SM-N910T, Android 5.1.1) - MrCommunistGen
  • Xiaomi mi4c (miui7 android 5.1.1) - Jeremy_Xus
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910P, Android 5.1.1, Android 6.0.1) - Dexter McDade
The samsung galaxy s7 g930f Exynos processor with android 7.0 still does not support, I have that doubt because install the version of the application Poweramp-alpha-build-704-uni. And it has been activated on my s7 which has the features mentioned above. Attachment capture performed on my cell phone.

Screenshot_20170515-085316.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-3-27 at 1:50 PM, andrewilley said:

You don't mention  what version of PA you are using? For Nougat you could do with 704 rather than 703.

Andre

Hi Andre, the Google Play gave me the 703. Can you give me a suggestion how to install version 704?

I cant find it inside the Poweramp app. In tje Play Store also said mine was the latest version.