List of Android Devices with Hi-Res Audio Support (Internal DAC)

maxmp

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/31/2016 at 2:34 PM, amstel78 said:

Hi Andre,

That option doesn't exist on my phone.  I did some searching around the forums and it seems the LG V20 hasn't been included in the list of phones yet.  Hopefully it will be soon.  Thanks for replying.

I am using Alpha 4 and tbe options do exist on my LG V20. For the most part it works great but in occasion I get an unsupported error though it keep playing. 

Please you post requests for high-rez support on your device or ROM to the appropriate thread http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8735-requests-for-hi-res-support/ (with the requested support details) as this thread is only for confirmation of those devices that are working correctly and request portions might get missed. Thanks.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

well, my Huawei P8 seems to support Hi-Res Output, v703 (Lenovo Hi-Fi variant), i just have one quetion, i can definetely hear difference but for me it seems like it just makes  music louder (m4a/aac music) 

, i really dont have any pro equipment for listening, so is it part of hifi music? thanks

55 minutes ago, Sekula925 said:

i can definetely hear difference but for me it seems like it just makes  music louder (m4a/aac music) 

I don't know for sure on this, but I'm guessing that the extra headroom provided by higher bit resolution processing (32/64) and output, rather than just 16-bit throughout, would allow more gain to be applied safely without needing to limit it to avoid clipping.

Andre 

On 1/17/2017 at 0:17 AM, andrewilley said:

I don't know for sure on this, but I'm guessing that the extra headroom provided by higher bit resolution processing (32/64) and output, rather than just 16-bit throughout, would allow more gain to be applied safely without needing to limit it to avoid clipping.

Andre 

well, this one was probably my mistake, i have rooted phone and i flashed some stuff that made it looks like it support hi res output, but then i went to stock again and this option dissapeared, im not sure if that flashed mod was working anyway and i guess for my m4a format music it wouldnt make any difference anyway, sorry and thank you for answer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...