Poweramp builds 978-981

maxmp

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Someone else said:

Since the new release it appears that the re-sort option inside a playlist is missing the randomize sort.  Is this going to be restored? That is my main sort used within the playlists.

Yes, known issue, it was mentioned a few posts back:

Andre

2 hours ago, kamaleon said:

@maxmp i saw post saying bit perfect is implemented will it work on all Android with USB C output or need specific phone or Android version?

Bit-pefect is not implemented as yet, but it is planned to some extent for external DACs in the future - possibly as part of an optional Add-on Pack.

Andre

Build 981:

• new Background Gradient, Background Gradient Color, Background Gradient For Lists options
  • menu shortcuts for the recently used Settings pages and Settings Shortcuts in Main Menu option
  • hex color support in color dialogs
  • bug fixes and stability improvements

• 2 weeks later...

With luminous black skin, simple seekbar is bugged with this release. Skin developer is aware of the situation and as he claims, something should be released by Poweramp dev to get rid of this.

May we have our beloved nice simple seekbar at right place again please ☺️

On 12/10/2023 at 2:25 PM, dvhttn said:

Just to add that the new BT option to ignore commands from a device for a configurable time works for me. Always had PA start to play when I connected to my car (Honda Jazz from 2016) which I didn't/don't want. Now I ignore commands for 5 seconds and all is well. i.e. it only starts to play when I tell it to!

NB: it's a head unit thing, not PA.

Hmmmmm. Update to this issue that I thought was fixed. Seems that 4 times out of 5 it is but there is the odd occasion the 'delay' is ignored. I have it on the maximum of 10 seconds but this doesn't seem long enough. My car HU is an Android 4 based device (no way to upgrade it to a later Android release but the firmware can be upgraded, though not sure if that would solve the problem) and takes ages just to connect. Basically, phone and HU are set to connect automatically but I get in, switch the engine on, put my seatbelt on and place the phone in it's holder and I still have to wait for a BT connection ..... It may not be the delay lenght causing the auto play but that's the mosy likely culprit (for my Honda HU anyway.

Oh, forgot, using 981.

Edited by dvhttn

Excited about the latest Poweramp builds 978-981! Poweramp consistently raises the bar for music player apps, and these updates promise enhanced features and performance. The dedication to frequent updates showcases a commitment to refining the user experience. Looking forward to exploring the new functionalities and improvements. Poweramp's reputation for delivering high-quality audio experiences makes it my go-to choice, and these builds only reinforce its position as a top-tier music player. Kudos to the Poweramp team for their continuous efforts in providing users with a premium music listening experience on Android devices.

@AiM__FreakZ It's just a shortcut to save you a few presses to get to the options already offered in the Player Screen context menu. For example, you could set it so a long-press on the second line (the Artist-Album wording) will take you directly to the current artist's song list:

image.png

image.png

That would do the same thing as tapping the three-dots menu (or long-pressing on the album cover) and choosing 'Artist':

image.png

Note: the functionality may be skin-dependent. It doesn't work for me using the current release of YAPS for example.

Andre

On 1/6/2024 at 10:47 AM, Fatih ALPTEKİN said:

With luminous black skin, simple seekbar is bugged with this release. Skin developer is aware of the situation and as he claims, something should be released by Poweramp dev to get rid of this.

May we have our beloved nice simple seekbar at right place again please ☺️

Same issue here. Have had to switch to another Skin because of this. Here is the Issue with the seekbar and items overlapping the screen layout for only the "luminous black" skin

Screenshot_20240118-093941_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20240118-093604_Poweramp.jpg

I know there were changes to bluetooth connection delay waiting for start. Since 981, android 13 and Moto 5G stylus (2022) in my car about half the time I'll start the car and the display will show the current track title but play doesn't start. I must take the phone out of my pocket and hit the start button in the Poweramp app. The start button on the console of my car does nothing, only the start button in the app on my phone will resume playback.

19 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

I know there were changes to bluetooth connection delay waiting for start.

It's an optional setting, in Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Ignore Bluetooth Commands. Just set it to zero.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

It's an optional setting, in Settings=>Headset/Bluetooth=>Ignore Bluetooth Commands. Just set it to zero.

Andre

Thanks and changed. I'll keep tabs on it.

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

@w3wilkes And if that doesn't work, there's always PA's own option to Resume on BT Connection.

Andre

I shut that one off because if I got in the car and it was on radio PA would start playing music into the bit bucket. 🙄