Jump to content


Approved Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About dvhttn

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

2,079 profile views
  1. I use mp3tag on my PC. It allows you to choose as many tracks as you like to embed the same album art in. Using it at the moment coincidentally ....
  2. As I said above, I have no problems. Since I posted above I have swapped my Galaxy S7 (various customs ROMs and sizes of sdcards) for a Note 9 (again, tried various ROMs) with a 512GB sdcard (exFAT) No problems with any of them. Has PA got storage permission? And @Mugetsu, what exactly is your problem?
  3. That worked. But too late for me to check 'file not found' properly. Though flicking from track to track with PA on pause seems fine.
  4. Noticed that mine is also like this (trial). But your suggestion doesn't work as PA is still time limited afterwards. Do I need to reinstall it? Thanks
  5. This has also been reported in the 'Bugs' section at ... I thought it had disappeared when I loaded a new ROM onto my Note 9 but no .... My phone works as above (i.e. 'can't play file' then plays it anyway) but reacts slightly differently if set to 'Pause'. If I swipe the album art to the left (to go to the next song) it gives the same error BUT skips that song and settles on the next one in the list. etc etc. On the 836 build, Note 9 on a Pie based ROM and my music is on an sdcard formatted as exFAT. Dunno if that latter bit helps .... ?
  6. OK. Noticed it whilst I was in the car so couldn't play with it too much. Just taken another look and all now appears normal. What I know I did was a) android settings>apps>Poweramp - and cleared storage cache and b) permissions - turned storage permission off then on again. Not sure what happened there then. I'll get back if it happens again.
  7. Hmmmm. Seems I'm getting the same issue. Tracks play but .... a) I get that 'Failed to play file' message and b) the visualisation bar does not move. Thought it was to do with a ROM change on my Note 9 but it has just been since I installed 835. All permissions granted etc etc. On stock based Pie on on a Galaxy Note 9. Ta Dave
  8. 829 works with absolutely no problems for me with a BT ear piece, BT headphones and my car stereo headunit (Kenwood).
  9. I'm on the latest version of PA and I can see it in Album mode. My language is English though so maybe it's to do with the language somehow? Can you try switching it to English to see if it appears then? Not a fix but a clue as to what's happening.
  10. Just did more testing. Samsung Music also doesn't send track information to my HU, just the same track number and elapsed time. As the HU displays the correct information for a brief time after I hard reset it then I'm inclined to believe a HU issue.
  11. Nope. Deleted the pairing on my phone and turned BT off. Deleted the pairing from my car's HU then turned everything on and paired again. Still just the track number and elapsed time showing. So, I did a little test. Cleared out the 'BT last processed commands' list first. I started PA with no BT devices nearby and chose a new track on 'pause'. Turned the car HU on and waited for it to connect to my phone (connecting is set to automatic but takes 30 seconds or so). Started the track and played about 5 seconds. Hit 'pause' on the PA screen on my phone then turned the car HU off. Below is the complete list of 'BT last processed commands'. There's always the chance that I'm doing something wrong/have something set incorrectly so I wonder if someone more knowledgeable with BT could point anything out? The HU is a Kenwood KMM-BT302. Thanks. ================== 10:27:15.324 HeadsetPlugReceiver headset event connection BT=true am mode=0 ================== 10:27:21.896 HeadsetPlugReceiver headset event connection BT=true am mode=0 ================== 10:27:59.295 HeadsetPlugReceiver headset event disconnection BT=false am mode=0 no_keep_notif_on_dscn=false ================== 10:27:59.299 HeadsetPlugReceiver headset event disconnection BT=true am mode=0 no_keep_notif_on_dscn=false ================== 10:27:59.319 HeadsetPlugReceiver headset event disconnection BT=true am mode=0 no_keep_notif_on_dscn=false
  12. Probably not that as I have to repair every time I change ROMs on my phone. I've done this several times since installing PA 8xx but I'll try and remember to test this tomorrow. Thinking about it I don't 'delete' the pairing from the HU, just re-pair so I'll ensure I delete from phone and HU before the re-pair process.
  13. Right, found them. But no change. Still only trrack number and elapsed time on the display. Still leaning towards the HU though. It does work fine on the wife's Honda HU in her car. That runs on a custom version of Android 4.x ......
  14. Not seen any ....... hmmm ... Any pointers to where they are? (I'm on 820)
  15. OK. Difficult to know if this is Poweramp or the radio I have (Kenwood KMM-BT302, a couple of years old but on the latest firmware). I've tried to reset the PA bluetooth settings to 'default' and the PA audio settings to 'default' (in Advanced Tweaks). I've tried all 3 AVRCP profiles I have in the developer settings on my phone (AVRCP 4, 5 and 6) but none of this gets me artist/track etc on my headunit. What did work briefly was when I did a hardware reset on my headunit which caused track info. to appear for a few moments after which it reverted to 'situation normal' which is showing track number and track run-time. I'm leaning to the conclusion that it's actually the HU that's the problem, based on past experiences and the number of BT issues people mention online with BT and car HUs which turn out to be the HU fault. But if someone can convince me I'm wrong please step forward ......
  • Create New...