Poweramp builds 978-981

maxmp

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

I just did that and at first could not replicate the bug. However after a bit more testing it only shows up when listening to a large library in 'Shuffle All' mode, with the original 'No Reshuffle' option turned OFF and the new 'No Reshuffle for Large Lists' turned ON.

Andre

Great, that should make it a lot easier to find and fix the bug. It also means that I have a workaround in the meantime (by disabling that one new option) so I don't have to pin an old version and to always fiddle around with backups whenever I update to reproduce something.

Thanks a lot already to everyone involved, I've been using Poweramp since ... probably around a decade and I am glad I won't have to stay on an old version for too long :)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@SachinSachi Android decoder does not pass gain info to the calling code (Poweramp). I guess something can be added to support that, but I need a sample tracks (feel share with gpmaxmpz@gmail.com). Thanks!

Thanks for the response. I've emailed the xHE-AAC audio files to you. Hopefully, you can identify the issue and get it resolved. 👍

@andrewilley this is already changed/fixed in the current dev builds. Thanks for the investigation.

@SachinSachi thanks for the tracks, I added support for this kind of replay gain tags + xHE-AAC to the next build.

Build 979:

• added more state saving points
  • fix for No Reshuffle For Large Lists
  • generic replaygain_* tags now parsed for opus
  • replay gain support for xHE-AAC
  • updated translations - huge thanks to all Crowdin translators!

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

@andrewilley this is already changed/fixed in the current dev builds. Thanks for the investigation.

@SachinSachi thanks for the tracks, I added support for this kind of replay gain tags + xHE-AAC to the next build.

Build 979:

Woah, that was lightning quick! I just downloaded the latest update, and now replay gain tags are showing for xHE-AAC audio files. Thanks a bunch for fixing the issue so darn fast! 🙏

The model of my mobile phone is Xiaomi  13 Ultra. After updating the Hyper OS of Xiaomi's mobile phone yesterday, poweram flashed back. The results of the third-party application test of Xiaomi's mobile phone are as follows:

应用名称:Poweramp
应用版本:build-979-uni
问题发生时间:2023-12-13 08:43:04
问题Trace:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: com.maxmpz.audioplayer: Targeting U+ (version 34 and above) disallows creating or retrieving a PendingIntent with FLAG_MUTABLE, an implicit Intent within and without FLAG_NO_CREATE and FLAG_ALLOW_UNSAFE_IMPLICIT_INTENT for security reasons. To retrieve an already existing PendingIntent, use FLAG_NO_CREATE, however, to create a new PendingIntent with an implicit Intent use FLAG_IMMUTABLE.
    at android.os.Parcel.createExceptionOrNull(Parcel.java:3061)
    at android.os.Parcel.createException(Parcel.java:3041)
    at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:3024)
    at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2966)
    at android.app.IActivityManager$Stub$Proxy.getIntentSenderWithFeature(IActivityManager.java:7077)
    at android.app.PendingIntent.getActivityAsUser(PendingIntent.java:551)
    at android.app.PendingIntent.getActivity(PendingIntent.java:532)
    at android.app.PendingIntent.getActivity(PendingIntent.java:496)
    at ׅ.Lv.B(_:111)
    at ׅ.HA0.Н(_:145)
    at ׅ.HA0.К(_:95)
    at ׅ.HA0.K(_:52)
    at ׅ.Lv.handleMessage(_:1021)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
    at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:224)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:318)
    at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:67)
Caused by: android.os.RemoteException: Remote stack trace:
    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.getIntentSenderWithFeatureAsApp(ActivityManagerService.java:5653)
    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.getIntentSenderWithFeature(ActivityManagerService.java:5596)
    at android.app.IActivityManager$Stub.onTransact$getIntentSenderWithFeature$(IActivityManager.java:12603)
    at android.app.IActivityManager$Stub.onTransact(IActivityManager.java:3537)
    at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.onTransact(ActivityManagerService.java:2856)

12 hours ago, maxmp said:

Build 979:

Just got the update, this seems to fix my issue, thanks a lot 😃

7 hours ago, sxpad8010 said:

After updating the Hyper OS of Xiaomi's mobile phone yesterday, poweram flashed back.

Could you provide a bit more info on what you mean by "flashed back". Do you mean the Poweramp app crashes immediately whenever you try to launch it?

Andre

22 hours ago, LPW00 said:

I don't think it's practical to have "Simplify confusing wording of the Repeat Icon" be a paid feature, so I have to assume that some of these features are going to be free updates. 

Correct, there will still be bug fixes and various other core updates applied to the main Poweramp app, that won't change. However Max has decided that to protect the future development of the app (remember he's only one person!) he's going to combine a number of feature request updates into purchasable packs. No one will have to buy them of course, unless you particularly want the contained facilities.

I can't speak for Max's specific plans, but to my mind it would make most sense to theme these add-on packages - such as "Player Screen Features", "Interface Updates", "Library Management Utilities", "Advanced Output Methods" (which might include things like following source-file resolutions), "Network Sources", etc. Having a mish-mash of random stuff from all over the place doesn't seem to be an ideal way to entice users to opt for any given package.

The Frequently Requested Features list (which is what the voting items were based on) has always been just a collection of stuff that multiple people have suggested over the years. Some items are fairly trivial (what I refer to as "low hanging fruit", requiring very little coding work) while others would take many months of work.

As to your example, the "Simplifying the confusing wording of the Repeat icon" item came from dozens of support threads over a long period of time where (mostly new) users have found the concept of "Advance Category" to be confusing (it effectively just means "play all") or they've not understood that "Repeat Off" actually means to play only the current album. It's one that I keep banging on about (sorry Max! :) ) as I've always felt we could eliminate all of that sort of confusion by simply renaming the button to cycle through Play One Song, Play One Category and Play All Categories, plus three 'repeat' variants of the same modes. That sort of minor interface improvement clearly belongs in the core app though, not as part of a user-chosen add-on pack.

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Correct, there will still be bug fixes and various other core updates applied to the main Poweramp app, that won't change. However Max has decided that to protect the future development of the app (remember he's only one person!) he's going to combine a number of feature request updates into purchasable packs. No one will have to buy them of course, unless you particularly want the contained facilities.

So I did understand that part correctly. Thanks. 

This decision makes a lot of sense to me. When I buy an app, I, unless stated otherwise, view it as I bought it in its current state and everything that gets added to that is essentially a gift from the developer and from that POV I have received a lot of free stuff from Max over the past 10+ years, including the free update from v2 to v3.

So I don't have much of an issue with having to pay, my issue is only that the way to pay is not working for me. I cannot do in app purchases and the no-play-services licence is not going to work for me as it has a limit on re-activation that clashes with me being a bit of a dumbass who has to reset his phone once in a while because I f*ck up while updating my custom rom or whatever. If my current licence had that same limit I probably would've had to buy 3 or 4 licences by now.

I can't speak for Max's specific plans, but to my mind it would make most sense to theme these add-on packages - such as "Player Screen Features", "Interface Updates", "Library Management Utilities", "Advanced Output Methods" (which might include things like following source-file resolutions), "Network Sources", etc. Having a mish-mash of random stuff from all over the place doesn't seem to be an ideal way to entice users to opt for any given package.

I think that mostly, but not always, makes sense. For example some library features may make sense for someone who also wants the advanced output methods stuff (like the special icons for high quality files) and should therefore be paired together. And I still think a "just give me all the stuff" option would be nice.

On 12/12/2023 at 3:14 PM, maxmp said:

@LPW00 that's not possible on Play due to Repetitive Content Policy.

Also, "multiple smaller in-app purchases" are not planned, it's called Feature Pack as it combines ~6m of updates in single cheap in-app.

The new Full Version Unlocker purchase includes all the prior packs, so no need to rename anything.

If you purchased it already, often many years ago, you can continue to use your Full Version Poweramp - no any previously available feature or option is locked or removed for you. You will continue to get some of new features and fixes as well. But some new (usually requested by users) features will be in the paid Feature Packages.

There is an official "no-google-services" Poweramp purchase via Poweramp website. As microtransaction is not possible for this kind of distribution due to high minimal transaction fee, it will continue to include everything though price is higher this way.

So if I wait for the feature packs, that I want, to drop and then make a new google account to buy Poweramp again, that licence will then have those feature packs included? That would be a little inconvenient but possible for me to do.

Or maybe I'll have to borrow someone elses phone and do the in app purchases on that device, which would also be inconvenient, but probably possible.

@LPW00 The reactivation limit on website purchased licences can be reset by Support for you if you exceed it in genuine usage (e.g. you install a lot of custom ROMs). It's there more as an anti-piracy measure.

I think we probably need to be cautious to make this as simple and seamless as possible. There are already about five ways to buy Poweramp for different market types, and buying add-ons needs to be as simple and painless as clicking a button for all user types.

Andre

21 minutes ago, GeilerHeinz said:

I'm missing the option to sort the songs in playlists by random order. Is this something which changed in the recent builds?

I think it must have happened accidentally on a recent build, as I can't see it any more either.

This might be a nice time to very quickly add a few of the requested sort option modifications too - e.g. Sort By Path/Filename rather than just By Filename, and allow the two Album variants to arrange their songs level by Track#.

Andre

On 12/12/2023 at 12:03 AM, dvhttn said:

I get it when I have 'shuffle all songs' selected. If so and I select from the 'artists' list another song, PA reverts to the first one played in the 'shuffle all songs' list. This happens ad infinitum. If I turn all 'shuffles' off I can select what I want. Does this happen for you?

Dave

All working now with 979.... 😁

Edited by dvhttn

On 12/12/2023 at 3:08 PM, maxmp said:

I guess something can be added to support that, but I need a sample tracks

Although I'm not a big fan of lossy I'm always testing them around, I can help sending as many xhe-aac tracks as needed. 

Also I think exhale can encode to xhe-aac can't it? If I can mention other forums, I remember seeing compiled builds for it on some hydrogen-audio thread.

When it comes to audio (and video) standard codecs, I always come back to that old Andrew Tanenbaum computing quote: "The nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from; furthermore, if you do not like any of them, you can just wait for next year's model."

For me though? For music, I'm perfectly happy with MP3 for daily use, FLAC for if I want lossless/high-res, and WAV for editing. They are widely supported and (generally) just work - and as Star Trek's engineer Scotty said about constantly upgrading things almost for the sake of it, "the more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain". And for my old ears, with well-encoded material, I can't actually tell the difference most of the time. :)

Andre

On 12/13/2023 at 12:36 AM, maxmp said:

Build 979:

@ScarletNeko I've already sent him the xHE AAC files, and he's already updated Poweramp (build 979) to support the replay gain tag for xHE AAC files! ✌

On the app-crushing front: It started doing it on my phone today as well.

It's build-979-bundle-play on my old 2017 Samsung A5 which I just use for playing music out of.

I really don't wanna re-install the app and lose all my playlists and sound profiles.

If it doesn't crush immediately upon opening the app, it will just look like the following pic for a bit, and shut down after a few seconds. I can't click on anything, and my homescreen widget is unresponsive as well.

P.S. I tried sending in a report, but it just asked me to pick an app to send it through... and again it crushed soon after.

20231216_141156.jpg

@andrewilley  so this is insane: I tapped on the three-bar menu icon at the bottom right corner, the menu opened, but upon tapping the settings button, nothing happened.

I raised my eyes to my PC screen to type a reply, and as soon as I looked down to my phone again... PA was back to normal!

Anyway, thanks for the tip, sir! I'll make sure to export all that data, just in case!

I've noticed a small problem with scrolls in versions 978 and 979. If you disable A-Z Scroll in lists and open any category sorted by name, you will notice that standard scroll stays in one place and doesn't move in accordance with your swipes in this category.

You still can drag the scroll itself and it will move the list accordingly, but if their positions aren't aligned (for example, after swiping a few times), there will be a noticable difference in actual position and position indicated by scroll. It is especially easy to see when either scroll or list reaches top or bottom - scroll will stop without showing the rest of the list, and the list will freeze while scroll is still moving.

This bug isn't present in previous versions and disappears if you change sorting order or enable A-Z Scroll.