Poweramp builds 926-933

maxmp

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Max.

The Search function in Settings does not seem to be working in the new release, nothing happens when you enter content into the search bar.

I noticed it while trying to find the option to switch Shuffle back to genuinely random, rather than using the new feature of biasing towards unplayed / less popular content. As you know from the original request thread, my most-played songs/artists/albums/folders/etc are generally in that list because they are my favourites, so I obviously don't want them excluded from shuffled play; in fact quite the opposite, given a choice I might even prefer to prioritise my favourite material over my least-listened content. 

Andre

@Bencherished Long-press on the three-line menu icon (bottom-right) is an intended shortcut to the current Skin Settings screen.

Long-press on 'Settings' in that pop-up menu should go to Settings>Search.
Long-press on 'Cast' in that pop-up menu goes to Chromecast audio settings.
Long-press on 'Help' or 'Changelog' have no discrete functions.

Andre

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

@Bencherished Long-press on the three-line menu icon (bottom-right) is an intended shortcut to the current Skin Settings screen.

Long-press on 'Settings' in that pop-up menu should go to Settings>Search.
Long-press on 'Cast' in that pop-up menu goes to Chromecast audio settings.
Long-press on 'Help' or 'Changelog' have no discrete functions.

Andre

Useful little tips I didn't know about, especially the first one, great when altering skin settings.

Anymore little gems?

Edited by Mark Lee

Ever since I've upgraded to a new device I'm experiencing several issues with Poweramp V925. The problems I'm facing is audio & skin related, custom volume levels didn't work, hi res didn't work, DVC didn't work & so on.

There's also skin related problems several premium skin's(Liv white/Dark, Aurora, Luminous white etc) don't work properly several skin functions are broken which used to work on my 5 year old Redmi Note 4.

Device IQOO 7

Stock Android 12

@Prosenjit custom volume levels not supported by Android 12 at the moment (still possible for Samsungs + SoundAssistant, but that’s Samsung only tweak). Google disabled this feature and not yet reverted it back.

Skins may have issues on Android 12 due to the changed way resources loaded on it, next Poweramp builds gradually fix these, also specific workarounds for some legacy skins (which unlikely to be updated soon) were added in beta build-926.

Please report you specific skin issues - some of those skins have hundreds of options and it’s not possible to test each combination, so issue details are needed.

To the date I have no reports for non working DVC on Android 12 - if you have that issue please provide appropriate details. Thanks!

I read the prioritising of rarely played tracks in the changelog and I already recognised it on playback. "How strong" is the preference? I'm all for an option, to allow turning it off. Or maybe influence the strength of that priority. What I don't want is that Poweramp now plays the most played tracks rarely... 

Is there any way to make the chosen shuffle type permanent? I always use the "Categories only" mode so that the albums are played randomly, but the order of the songs is correct for each album.

However, when I press the header shuffle button it always changes to "Categories and songs" even though I had previously chosen "Just categories".

I would like to be able to use the header shuffle button as a button to play a random album, i.e. make one type of shuffle the permanent and preferred one for all categories in the player. Musicbee on desktop has that option and it's pretty awesome for discovering music that you haven't heard in a while in case your library is big (20.000 songs in my case but I've seen way bigger) 

Thanks in advance, best player I've used ❤️

51 minutes ago, astr0 said:

Is there any way to make the chosen shuffle type permanent?

Your chosen Shuffle mode (e.g. Categories only, which keeps the songs within random albums in order) will stay in place as long as you don't do something to change it, such as manually selecting a new Shuffle mode, or using the 'Play' or 'Shuffle' icons at the top of a category list which will choose the most appropriate Shuffle (and Repeat) modes for that action. But if you just tap on a new song to play, or use the Prev/Next Track buttons (<< and >>) or Prev/Next Category (<<< and >>>) then shuffle mode won't alter.

There is a long-standing Feature Request to allow selecting different Shuffle/Repeat options for the Play and Shuffle icons at the tops of lists, which would be changed by long-pressing on the icons rather than just tapping. [Edit: ah, while I was typing that, Max has said he'll be adding it to the next beta, I could have saved some typing there. :) ]

Andre

3 hours ago, Squeller said:

I read the prioritising of rarely played tracks in the changelog and I already recognised it on playback. "How strong" is the preference? I'm all for an option, to allow turning it off. Or maybe influence the strength of that priority. What I don't want is that Poweramp now plays the most played tracks rarely... 

This is something I was asking about when this feature was discussed in another thread recently. At least the option to turn it on or off, but ideally a slider control to influence the strength of bias that is applied to the randomising algorithm - so it leans in one direction or the other with varying degrees of strength, with the centre zero position of the slider meaning completely random. That would allow you to just make it a bit more likely for less-frequently-played items to appear sooner in the shuffled order list, or pushing it all the way to the limit would mean that all of your least-played items would always be placed at the start of the shuffle. Or vice versa by pushing the slider the other way, if you prefer your more popular songs to be more likely to appear in shuffled lists. But that would require sourcing an algorithm which supports biased randomisation.

Andre

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

At least the option to turn it on or off, but ideally a slider control to influence the strength of bias that is applied to the randomising algorithm 

Yup, or at least rnd/lower bias/higher bias. Should just be enough because you can't really judge anyway when hearing the result.

Finer tuning may also lead to wrong conclusions (of more control) in the people. You know all those cases when ppl. misjudge randomization and quickly shout out "algo must be broken". 

Edited by Squeller

7 hours ago, Squeller said:

You know all those cases when ppl. misjudge randomization and quickly shout out "algo must be broken". 

I think this is partly the reason Max introduced this feature, as people would regularly insist that the shuffle system was not random, even though it actually was. Perception is a funny thing.

If Max does manage to implement a weighted randomisation algorithm, it ought to be easy enough to apply other options to it too - such as a second slider to bias the shuffle towards (or away) from high rated tracks, which is something else that has been requested in the past. Or to skip songs in certain folders or genres (e.g. to avoid hearing audiobooks or podcasts during shuffled music)

Andre

On 2/12/2022 at 3:01 AM, MotleyG said:

Sarcasm intended? 🙄

This was already identified shortly after the update came out. I'm sure it will be corrected on the next update.

Not that it got released as a public version on playstore. And congrats on discovering it as sarcasm.

23 minutes ago, Bargunan said:

Not that it got released as a public version on playstore. And congrats on discovering it as sarcasm.

Doubling down on the sarcasm doesn’t provide any further point for support. The search issue was already identified.

On 2/11/2022 at 11:10 AM, maxmp said:

@Prosenjit custom volume levels not supported by Android 12 at the moment (still possible for Samsungs + SoundAssistant, but that’s Samsung only tweak). Google disabled this feature and not yet reverted it back.

Skins may have issues on Android 12 due to the changed way resources loaded on it, next Poweramp builds gradually fix these, also specific workarounds for some legacy skins (which unlikely to be updated soon) were added in beta build-926.

Please report you specific skin issues - some of those skins have hundreds of options and it’s not possible to test each combination, so issue details are needed.

To the date I have no reports for non working DVC on Android 12 - if you have that issue please provide appropriate details. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Max & sorry for being late, I think I have managed to solve the audio related problems by enabling no headroom gain.

But strangely I'm still facing skin related problems even after updating to V926 almost every single skin that I own has album art corner issue(Liv, Luminous & Aurora) etc it always showing rounded corners just like PA built-in skin no matter what corner radius i chose. Centered track tiltle doesn't work, sometimes search bar overlap with notification panel

Two unmentioned issues I've noticed are:

1. The metadata on the Player UI disappears if you go in/out of the lists while the player is paused.

2. Long pressing the play/pause button causes the track to reset (same as long pressing the elapsed time) BUT the seekbark becomes stuck and the elapsed time doesn't reset to 0:00.

1 hour ago, djdarko said:

1. The metadata on the Player UI disappears if you go in/out of the lists while the player is paused.

2. Long pressing the play/pause button causes the track to reset (same as long pressing the elapsed time) BUT the seekbark becomes stuck and the elapsed time doesn't reset to 0:00.

I see both of those issues too. I mentioned the disappearing metadata issue in a Skin thread last week, but you're right it's actually a core app issue.

Andre

22 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Yes it does, I've just checked it. Could you elaborate on what you are experiencing? (with device/Android/etc versions too please)

Andre

When I went to album art, and choose no album art. Nothing happened it was like the button was unresponsive. I could navigate everywhere in Poweramp and I even closed the app and tried again with the same results. I went back to 925 and it worked right away. I however noticed later there was no "album artist" tag. So I'm not sure if that was a contributor to what was going on.

Sony Xperia 5 II, Android 11