Top Posters In This Topic

Build 928:

• new Shuffle Randomization option
  • new Category Items Shuffle option
  • new options to change Bass and Treble tone frequency and Q
  • bold font for widgets
  • max parametric Q factor increased to 12
  • bug fixes and stability improvements

Tbh the 928 build I can see a lot of changes in the song tone frequency like when listening to song I can only hear the instrument tone highly than voice, voice frequency seems to be shunned and the volume was in 12-20% with DVC. It's like low volume. Bit annoying to hear the music, seems like I've to put more louder volume to hear what's the lyrics. And the advanced tweak  volume level customisation is already banned for Android 12 which also makes it more annoying. Totally disappointed.

Edited by Bargunan

@Bargunan there are no such changes in 928. You can adjust tone (bass/treble) frequency and Q now, but the default values are the same as they were previously. If you changed those, use Restore Defaults in Poweramp settings / Audio / Equallzier / Tone.

If you're using Bluetooth and have issues with the volume, check Direct volume control settings page in Poweramp. By default Poweramp will disable dvc if it detects Absolute volume. Disabled DVC won't allow very deep equalization, so limiter applies, also you're getting lower volume by default (though this is purely option which is controlled on Direct Volume Control settings page).

On 2/13/2022 at 10:17 AM, djdarko said:

1. The metadata on the Player UI disappears if you go in/out of the lists while the player is paused.

2. Long pressing the play/pause button causes the track to reset (same as long pressing the elapsed time) BUT the seekbark becomes stuck and the elapsed time doesn't reset to 0:00.

In build 928, issue 1 is resolved. Issue 2 is partly resolved: the elapsed time counter and the seekbar get reset to zero as expected, but the seekbar remains unresponsive and can't be moved while the player interface remains stopped. 

Andre

20 hours ago, maxmp said:

Build 928:

• new Category Items Shuffle option

Thanks for adding this, quite a few people had requested it.

Just wondering if it might be useful to also be able to select this via long-pressing on the list-header icon (just like you can with the Shuffle icon on the player screen) rather than as a somewhat hidden menu option four clicks down? It seems like the sort of thing that people might want to change on a whim while looking through music lists rather than only working with one setting.

Andre

9 hours ago, maxmp said:

This is by design for the stopped state.

I actually wasn't aware of that, as I never use the Stop feature.

From a user point of view though, since PA never unloads from having a 'current song' in the player interface, there would appear to be no practical difference between a 'Stopped' state and a 'Paused at 0:00' state, so I'm not surprised @djdarko reported it as a bug. Perhaps the Stop feature ought to just trigger a pause-at-zero state, which is visually what appears to happen anyway?

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I actually wasn't aware of that, as I never use the Stop feature.

From a user point of view though, since PA never unloads from having a 'current song' in the player interface, there would appear to be no practical difference between a 'Stopped' state and a 'Paused at 0:00' state, so I'm not surprised @djdarko reported it as a bug. Perhaps the Stop feature ought to just trigger a pause-at-zero state, which is visually what appears to happen anyway?

Andre

I've used this many times, as it clearly indicates with the waveseekbar flattened that the player is in fact in the "Stopped" state. You can long press on the elapsed time to go back to the beginning of the track while paused.

8 hours ago, MotleyG said:

with the waveseekbar flattened that the player is in fact in the "Stopped" state.

I was commenting on @djdarko's post, wondering from a user's perspective what is the difference between the 'Stopped' state and simply 'Paused at 0:00'. Trying to differentiate between them in PA's interface doesn't seem to make any sense. 

Andre

On 2/22/2022 at 10:58 PM, andrewilley said:

The earlier bug with non-resuming of playback when raising the volume again after a pause triggered by lowering the level to zero (when using increased volume steps) still seems to be present in build 928.

@Bencherished I think I found what was causing the Pause function to trigger just before the volume setting got down to fully zero. There is a similar control within the Poweramp Equalizer App - which does not get disabled by turning the EQ off - and obviously the two features are clashing.

Go into the Poweramp Equalizer app and in its Settings > Utils you need to turn OFF the third item so it is only activated in the main Poweramp app:

image.png

Andre

@andrewilley I only tried the Poweramp equalizer app the first time it was released, back then, I asked for the difference between the one on main music player and the stand alone EQ, I was told that the EQ app is for those that want to use it for other media player, and moreover, most of the features will be ported to main player, so I unstalled it even before my trial period was over. I will reinstall the EQ app and turn off that settings you mentioned to see if it will help, although I did not use the EQ app on this phone (Samsung galaxy m51) but I did transfer with s switch from the galaxy m30, but at that time, EQ app has been uninstalled. Maybe the settings was copied over?

----

I downloaded the EQ app and tested the Vol- pause and vol+ resume, and it worked, but that was because, EQ app volume (default) is set @ 50, I don't know where to increase to 100, and that is what I use in the main player for smooth Vol increase. 

If I should use Vol step 50 in Poweramp, the volume pause and resume track feature will function, but I don't like the drastic change in volume level, what I do now is flip the phone over for pause, and again for resume,(Tasker).

I should say that with the EQ app, Poweramp sounded different, although both apps eq were on. 

----

Wow, I just noticed something, I disabled pause/resume on Vol, on both apps, and re-enabled it on Poweramp and it worked Flawlessly, what I want to do now is uninstall the EQ and see what happens. 

----

I have uninstalled the EQ and the feature is working, the next step is to extend the feature to function with display off and whenever Poweramp is playing audio, or make it as a feature that can be turn off for those that use multiple media player, for me I don't, thanks to Samsung for making it possible to uninstall most pre-installed apps like their music player. 

4 hours ago, Bencherished said:

I downloaded the EQ app and tested the Vol- pause and vol+ resume, and it worked, but that was because, EQ app volume (default) is set @ 50,

I normally use 75 steps, but have tested with 50 to see what happens. With the 'pause-on-mute' feature enabled in both Poweramp and the PA-EQ , the pause occurs when you lower the volume to one step above fully muted. With the pause-on-mute mode enabled in Poweramp only, the pause triggers at fully zero only. With 75 steps or 100 steps, the trigger point with both apps enabled happens at 2 steps above zero.

I just tried on a second device (which has never had the EQ installed, and using an older build 925 of PA) and with 50-step and 75-step volumes the pause activates at 1-step and 2-steps above zero respectively, as reported in previous posts. However with build 930 of Poweramp (and still no PA-EQ) it works perfectly with all stepping values, so I think we are seeing two things here:

1) Max has fixed the bug as of Poweramp build 930, and pause-on-mute and resuming afterwards seem to work perfectly now for all volume stepping values.

2)The bug probably still exists in the Poweramp-Equalizer code (as of its build 930/931), hence why we are still seeing the problem when that is also enabled. The resume-after-mute works fine in PA though, so it's possibly a moot point. [groan, sorry]

Andre

15 minutes ago, Bencherished said:

I am requesting this should also work with the phone screen off. 

The pause-on-mute works fine even with the screen off. Resuming upon raising volume doesn't work with the screen off though - nor does it work if PA is not the active app on the screen. I assume that would be because PA is no longer considered the active media source, so it does not get notified by Android? Same reason that volume-stepping returns to device default of 16 steps when PA is not active/playing. Max would be able to confirm that though.

Andre