Poweramp builds 926-933

maxmp

In this version 926, when I search for an artist and play a song from the artist in an album, then add songs to queue or play next from the The artist same album or different album, then check queue, I see duplicate of songs, I have noticed it before but I was not sure how it happened. 

I have found what was adding duplicate to queue, in search results option, I deactivated play tracks only. 

Edited by Bencherished

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on build 926 and I don't have issues with the search function, nor with the album art corners or selection, and not even the seekbar acting strange when stopping or metadata vanishing... I'm using the Luminous Dark skin and hadn't seen any issue so far somehow

LG G7, stock Android 10 ROM, build 926-bundle-play

Hi, I bought Poweramp v3 from the website

I wanted to know how many times I can log in and out of my account and that my phone has an unstable ROM. I may change it every month.

Because it was written somewhere that there is an entry limit of up to 10 times

And before, I used an account with another phone to comply with this 10 limit, but I have to transfer it to my phone so that I can use it myself.

Is there a problem with my account being blocked?

And I only use the account for one device

I like Poweramp and I don't want to lose my account

Amir Hosein YasavoliIf you purchased via the Play Store, you can re-install on your new devices (or after ROM resets) as long as you continue to use the same Google account. There is a fair-use limit to prevent piracy, but it's unlikely you would hit that. If you do, just email support saying what happened and they can reset the limit for you.

If you purchased directly from the website here, you can use your licence on any one device at a time - with or without Google services. Installing it on a new device will simply revoke the old device's licenced status.

Second

@andrewilley I want to know if I can transfer my account from one mobile to another

How many devices can I make this transfer?

I want to know the number of limits

Because I have to change my ROMs

How many times can I re-activate my Poweramp license which I bought through the Website (not through Google Play!) ?

Everytime I install a new ROM on the same device I need to re-register it so it would be good to know how many times I can re-register it before it can not be activated anymore.

@Amir Hosein Yasavoli As I said earlier, there is an anti-piracy limit to avoid the same licence being published and installed on a large number of different users' devices. That figure is, for obvious reasons, not published.

However you are allowed to install PA on as many of your own devices as you like with a Google Play licence, and you are unlikely to run into the above limit quickly with the sort of use you describe. And even if you did, a genuine user can email support to get the limit on their account reset.

All of this was covered in my previous replies though.

Andre

Personally, I very much like the new randomness bias as all of my library (3000+ songs) are my favourites!!  So I'm now hearing songs/'categories' not heard for a while more often.  Whatever comes to fruition in the beta/ release version, if this current bias remains or can be chosen, I'll be very happy. I suppose after time the biasness evens itself out when less played songs have been played more often??

@Ash Roarshock Perhaps it may help if you elaborate on the steps you to get to the select album art screen (i.e. Now Playing screen > menu button/long-press album art > album art| or |Library > Artists > [selected artist] > [selected album] > long press track > album art| etc.).

I've noticed that, for instance, if you go |Library > Artists > [selected artist] > [selected album] > long press track > album art| both "also use for: [selected artist] artist image" and "in folder image" options are available.

But if you go |Library > Artists > long-press [selected album] > album art| or |Library > Artists > [selected artist] > [selected album] > album screen menu button > album art| the above mentioned options are not available.

This has been the case (at least for me, Samsung Galaxy S5 G900W8 Marshmallow 6.0.1) for quite a while now. Probably should've reported it as a bug a while ago lol.

So, perhaps the steps u took to get to the album art screen are related to the issue ur having. Just thought I'd mention it as @andrewilley cannot recreate the issue. 

I haven't updated yet so I'm not having @Ash Roarshock 's album art issue either.

9 hours ago, fyourself said:

I've noticed that, for instance, if you go |Library > Artists > [selected artist] > [selected album] > long press track > album art| both "also use for: [selected artist] artist image" and "in folder image" options are available.

But if you go |Library > Artists > long-press [selected album] > album art| or |Library > Artists > [selected artist] > [selected album] > album screen menu button > album art| the above mentioned options are not available.

Correct, that is as expected.

When you select a song/track you get different options to when you select at an Album or Artist level. At the higher levels, you will see an 'Image' option in the popup menu, which applies specifically to that grouping level. When you view at a song/track level, you see the regular Album Art menu option.

From the Album Art screen, if there is a suitable image file in the same folder as the audio file, you will be offered it via the list of thumbnails (along with 'Embedded' if the file also contains its own image). If you have come via the Artists hierarchy, you will also see a tickbox to apply that same image for the overall Artist too.

One option I've felt ought to be available, and has been mentioned elsewhere, is an extra tickbox to choose to apply the chosen image to that Song only or to the whole Album. Useful for compilations/etc where you might want to give one track a new image but not change the rest of the tracks in the same album.

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Correct, that is as expected.

When you select a song/track you get different options to when you select at an Album or Artist level. At the higher levels, you will see an 'Image' option in the popup menu, which applies specifically to that grouping level. When you view at a song/track level, you see the regular Album Art menu option.

From the Album Art screen, if there is a suitable image file in the same folder as the audio file, you will be offered it via the list of thumbnails (along with 'Embedded' if the file also contains its own image). If you have come via the Artists hierarchy, you will also see a tickbox to apply that same image for the overall Artist too.

One option I've felt ought to be available, and has been mentioned elsewhere, is an extra tickbox to choose to apply the chosen image to that Song only or to the whole Album. Useful for compilations/etc where you might want to give one track a new image but not change the rest of the tracks in the same album.

Andre

Oh, I see, thank you for clarifying.

Another option I'd like to see would be if it also displayed the image that is currently being used (i.e. whether embedded or in-folder image is being used or other previously applied image (from gallery, etc.).) The latter would be especially useful so I could know exactly which albums I still need to apply high-res images to.

Hey guys, I've got a question, it's about gapless playback, I've read a few topics already but nothing really works, my library (320+kbps m4a) always has a very short pause before switching to the next song.

It's a feature I really need because I listen to albums that require seemless switching.

unlike when using Apple Music & Spotify to play them, on Poweramp I notice the switching

Please help

(Ps; using The Weeknd's Dawn FM as a reference point, it has a lot of songs with transitions)

6 minutes ago, Eric Osamwonyi said:

Hey guys, I've got a question, it's about gapless playback, I've read a few topics already but nothing really works, my library (320+kbps m4a) always has a very short pause before switching to the next song.

It's a feature I really need because I listen to albums that require seemless switching.

unlike when using Apple Music & Spotify to play them, on Poweramp I notice the switching

Please help

(Ps; using The Weeknd's Dawn FM as a reference point, it has a lot of songs with transitions)

This depends on your files, whether they are lossless (so the gaps should inherently be seamless) or if they are mp3 that have the gapless details in the header from the ripping software. If these are not intact, then the only other way is to use a very short time for the Crossfade feature.

2 hours ago, Prosenjit said:

It only happens while streaming, music is playing continuously but elapsed time & waveseek bar not updating

Neither type of seekbar will update as there is no facility to seek on a live radio stream. Usually the counter increments though, but all it really shows you is how long you've been listening to that station.

Andre

12 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Neither type of seekbar will update as there is no facility to seek on a live radio stream. Usually the counter increments though, but all it really shows you is how long you've been listening to that station.

Andre

I know but this is how the seekbar should look while streaming

Screenshot_20220219_121939.jpg