Poweramp builds 926-933

maxmp

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Hagman said:

Hello I exported all my settings including all my album artwork while on build 933. Is it possible to import the same backup file while on build 925?

Yes, it is. Probably better to re-import to latest version if you can though - presumably installing on a new device?

Andre

17 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, it is. Probably better to re-import to latest version if you can though - presumably installing on a new device?

Andre

Thanks. I just find build 925 more stable on my Samsung device.. In particular, playlist pictures tend to randomly disappear on 933. You know those images you manually apply to playlists.

Should probably have reported this as a bug lol

Edited by Hagman

I have a question that I don't think is a bug or a new release issues i have an S22 and phone always wakes up instantly after i press the power button when Poweramp is the active application. Is this related to the app or my phone? i've turned off gestures and wake on lift, etc. does anyone have this issue with Poweramp ? 

Thanks, 

On 3/17/2022 at 1:30 AM, andrewilley said:

@Andrew Evenstar Are you saying that when you wake your phone while PA is playing, it goes straight to the PA player interface rather than to a lockscreen first? If so, that's one of the options in PA Settings > Lockscreen. Turn off 'Show on Lockscreen'.

Andre

This was it, thank you! i restored my old settings from my phone and went in and manually turned it on thinking it was something else.

Thanks so much. 

9 minutes ago, KOB said:

Poweramp start to play when I connect Bluetooth device.

Bluetooth  resumed set to off

What sort of BT device, car radio maybe?

If you have the auto-resume feature turned off in both Poweramp's Settings => Headset/Bluetooth menu, and also in the output device's own setup menus, then probably a command is getting issued from the remote device which PA is obeying. Check PA Settings => Headset/Bluetooth => Last Processed Commands for details.

One other thing to check - do you perhaps also have the Poweramp Equalizer app installed? That has separate resume options in its Settings > Utils menu, which will continue to operate even if you have the actual audio equalization mode currently disabled.

Andre

Hi good people. Started using this amazing app again. When I click on show Albums, I get a list of Albums but for some Albums where I have few different artists, the album is shown that much time (how much artists there are). I've checked the mp3 files and they all have the same Album, just it keep showing like they are not the same ones. How do I solve this?

8 minutes ago, LaMpiR said:

Hi good people. Started using this amazing app again. When I click on show Albums, I get a list of Albums but for some Albums where I have few different artists, the album is shown that much time (how much artists there are). I've checked the mp3 files and they all have the same Album, just it keep showing like they are not the same ones. How do I solve this?

Make sure you are using the AlbumArtist tag field and it is the same - for a mixed album like this, it is common to use "Various Artists" or "Various" or "Compilation" as that field. The Artist field for each individual file can still be different. 

15 minutes ago, LaMpiR said:

When I click on show Albums, I get a list of Albums but for some Albums where I have few different artists, the album is shown that much time (how much artists there are).

In addition to @MotleyG 's response about making sure you use the Album Artist tag to group tracks by different artists into one Album, please also see 'What Constitutes an Album' in: 

Andre

Just noticed: Poweramp can't read nor write tags from .oga files (flac streams inside ogg containers), it also doesn't show the length of the file on the song list, only on the player screen once it starts playing the file. They do play and seek fine though.

Not a big issue since these files aren't very common, just an observation.

On 3/23/2022 at 7:41 PM, MotleyG said:

Make sure you are using the AlbumArtist tag field and it is the same - for a mixed album like this, it is common to use "Various Artists" or "Various" or "Compilation" as that field. The Artist field for each individual file can still be different. 

Thank you. This has solved the problem and is showing album properly now.

On 2/28/2022 at 12:42 AM, andrewilley said:

@Bencherished I think I found what was causing the Pause function to trigger just before the volume setting got down to fully zero. There is a similar control within the Poweramp Equalizer App - which does not get disabled by turning the EQ off - and obviously the two features are clashing.

Go into the Poweramp Equalizer app and in its Settings > Utils you need to turn OFF the third item so it is only activated in the main Poweramp app:

Andre

I hope that the problem will be solved by unchecking these options in EQ but no.

So I uninstalled EQ but still the same.

If PA run in background, plug/unplug my headset start/pause music.

12:45:33.577 PlayerService onRoutingChanged
newDevice=headset oldDevice=speaker
==================
12:45:33.581 HeadsetPlugReceiver headset event
connection BT=false am mode=0
==================
12:45:33.588 PlayerService reloadPipeline
 allowPlaying=true forceResume=false state after reload=2
==================
12:45:39.457 HeadsetPlugReceiver headset event
disconnection BT=false am mode=0 no_keep_notif_on_dscn=false
==================
12:45:39.457 HeadsetPlugReceiver cmd_player_pause_playing
==================
12:45:40.023 HeadsetPlugReceiver headset event
disconnection BT=false am mode=0 no_keep_notif_on_dscn=false
==================
12:45:40.045 PlayerService onRoutingChanged
newDevice=speaker oldDevice=headset
==================
12:45:40.045 PlayerService reloadPipeline
 allowPlaying=false forceResume=false state after reload=2

@AlbatorV Assuming you are talking about pause/resume on volume being reduced to zero and raised again, it should be working fine now on the most recent builds of PA.

However it is not possible to resume when raising the volume again if the screen is off. That is a limitation of Android, which does not pass such info to non-playing apps, so PA never gets the volume info for it to restart.

Andre

2 hours ago, AlbatorV said:

@andrewilley no, i speak about pause/resume when plug/unplug headset or connect/deconnect bluetooth device.

So are you saying it is doing as intended (i.e. play starts when headset is plugged in, and stops when headset removed) but you don't want it to, or that it is not starting when you do want it to? Whichever, the controls are in PA Settings => Headset/Bluetooth.

I have mine set so playback does not start automatically on connection (I prefer to press the Play button manually when I'm ready) but it stops whenever I disconnect the wired headset or BT connection:

image.png

The PA EQ has similar controls, so make sure they don't clash.

Andre

Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my explanation.

For some time, when I connect or disconnect headphones (wired or bluetooth), PA starts the music.

However, I have both options disabled.

I read on the forum that there were conflicts with the options in PA EQ and I disabled those options in EQ.

But the music was still playing.

So I removed PA EQ from my device but it's the same thing, PA starts the music when I connect or disconnect headphones (wired or bluetooth).

@AlbatorV With the EQ removed from the equation, and the options disabled in Poweramp, it won't be Poweramp itself that is causing this. Something else in your system could be issuing commands though. When it next happens, go to PA Settings => Headset/Bluetooth => Last Processed Commands and see if PA is receiving any commands from elsewhere. You can clear the log in there before you start testing to make it easier to see the new stuff.

Andre