Poweramp builds 888-893

maxmp

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone explain what are these features?

• Samsung "fine" volume 150 levels support as far as I've got Samsung devices don't support such amount of volume levels
  • absolute volume detection on Android 10

And how do they work? My device is Samsung Note 9. 

3 hours ago, NickIst said:
  • Samsung "fine" volume 150 levels support as far as I've got Samsung devices don't support such amount of volume levels
  • absolute volume detection on Android 10

Fine volume control allows you to use smaller volume granularity on certain devices. So instead of the default 16 or 32 steps, you can define more in Settings > Audio > Advance Tweaks > Volume Levels.

Absolute Volume is a method which allows your device to send audio to Bluetooth devices without adjust the levels in the phone, and the gain control will be applied within the listening device instead.

Andre

@NickIst Also, for Samsungs, it's 150 levels by default - no need for extra configuration. This works only for the volume knob though, as volume rockers will do +/-10 steps for a press.

Absolute Volume doesn't allow DVC to be applied (Abs. Volume means device uses fixed 100% volume all the time). This is good for car headunits or other BT devices with own DSP and equalizers, but for headsets/headphones this doesn't allow DVC to be used.

27 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Also, for Samsungs, it's 150 levels by default - no need for extra configuration.

If I got it right, I would got this option only if my device supports it? I have only 16 levels as a system's value and the highest number of levels which I can choose is 100.

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I only see Default/30/50/76/100 options on my Galaxy A70 by the way. I don't need 150 anyway (I've settled on 76) but I thought I'd mention it in case that's not what you would expect.

Andre

Same here on a Note 9 (Android 10). Same default options as Andre.

hi, i just bought the pocom3 and the player detects the hifi output perfect, but the volume is considerably lower, apart from a loss of control of the equalizer

It is surely a bug in miui but to be sure🙃

03:02:12.705 build-893-arm64-play
Device: POCO Xiaomi M2010J19CG citrus_global citrus "qcom" citrus Android-Q-build-20201204000407 [arm64-v8a, armeabi-v7a, armeabi]

bengal is_snapdragon
FAILED to read=/vendor/etc/audio_output_policy.conf
reading=/vendor/etc/audio_io_policy.conf
has direct_pcm_24, sampling_rates=44100|48000|88200|96000|176400|192000|352800|384000
AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DIRECT direct_pcm_24
has direct_pcm_24 formats=AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_24_BIT_PACKED|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_8_24_BIT|AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_32_BIT
FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD via direct_pcm_24
forcing FLAG_DLFCN FLAG_NEEDS_DEEP_BUFFER FLAG_NEEDS_EXTRA_SLEEPS
MIUI=10
=> FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD_10_STREAM
USB can handle Hi-Res - sdk=29
OK flags=0xe74616600008000
FLAG_VARIANT_DIRECT_HD_10_STREAM
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_8_24
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_24
FLAG_SUPPORTS_PCM_32
FLAG_SUPPORTS_UNITY_GAIN_STREAM
FLAG_SUPPORTS_USB
FLAG_NEEDS_EXTRA_SLEEPS
FLAG_SUPPORTS_LDAC
FLAG_DLFCN
FLAG_NEEDS_DEEP_BUFFER
FLAG_ALLOW_DVC_EFFECT
FLAG_BT_DVC_EFFECT
PA_OUTPUT_CAP_NEEDS_VOL_UI
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_384K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_352K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_192K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_176K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_96K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_88K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_48K
INTERNAL_OUTPUT_FLAG_SR_44K

20 minutes ago, Ariel ferrer said:

hi, i just bought the pocom3 and the player detects the hifi output perfect, but the volume is considerably lower

I suspect it will be DVC related, not all devices support hui-res and DVC at the same time, so you might have to live with one or the other operating. Long-press on the metadata line at the bottom of the player screen during playback to show the audio path.

Andre

I have been using Poweramp for years and am a very satisfied user. However with the 890 upgrade I've been experiencing, when I first push play, a momentary rise and fall of volume with a kind of a popping sound. This lasts 2 to 3 seconds. I just saw an upgrade to 893 so thinking this would solve my problem I upgraded. The problem is still there. I am using $yaps$ skin ver. 120.

@Johnbsn Is this for BT? And you're on Android 10+? To detect absolute volume and to disable DVC in this case (the same way it's done for Androids 5-9), Poweramp changes volume (if it's set below 4 or to max volume) momentarily for 50ms and back few times when BT is connected. None of my Android 10/11 devices have noticeable volume jumps, but volume jump may be visible if you have volume panel floating. The DVC disabling is needed to allow it to work out of box with Absolute Volume, but if you already disabled your Absolute Volume or disabled DVC for BT, just disable "No DVC For Absolute Volume" option.

Actually I changed to the Neutron player some time ago, because of a major flaw in Poweramp, but would like to return to the Poweramp if the flaw is solved.

When using a sdcard for the music library there is problem when music folders and files are added by a file manager.

The flaw is the same on my Xiaomi phone and Huawei tablet and not present in the Neutron player.

Fig. 1

Some tags are not read and usually looks like this.

The only way to solve this, is to make a total rescan in the settings.

Fig. 2

Sometimes images are not shown.

Killing the program usually solves this.

maxmpz.audioplayer.png

44 minutes ago, jorgensen said:

When using a sdcard for the music library there is problem when music folders and files are added by a file manager.

What sort of file manager are you using? Sometimes auto-sync programs can cause this sort of issue, especially if PA tries to update its library before the file is fully written. I've never seen it with a decent file manager (such as Solid Explorer, etc) or even with USB-copied files. A Full Rescan should always resolve it though.

I assume the unknown artists issue it not a tagging problem, where some files do not have the Album Artist tag assigned? If they appear correctly after a Full Rescan then that's not the case. 

Andre

31 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

What sort of file manager are you using? Sometimes auto-sync programs can cause this sort of issue, especially if PA tries to update its library before the file is fully written. I've never seen it with a decent file manager (such as Solid Explorer, etc) or even with USB-copied files. A Full Rescan should always resolve it though.

I assume the unknown artists issue it not a tagging problem, where some files do not have the Album Artist tag assigned? If they appear correctly after a Full Rescan then that's not the case. 

Andre

These are facts:

Usually File Manager+ is used, and it is the same with other managers.

Sdcards are high quality Class 10.

If the music files are stored at the built-in main memory, no problems.

The unknown artists is a tag problem when folders are scanned normally.

As said, no problems with Neutron player.

Two questions regarding high-res-output: on my Samsung S9 with Android 10 and Poweramp with version build-893-arm64-play I activated high-res-output.

- I would like to use the exact double of 44.1 kHz and can choose 88 kHz, not 88.2 kHz. Is this number incorrectly displayed? The other multiples of 44.2 kHz are shown as I would expect them

- the sample format is shown as 16 bit - is it possible to choose 24 bit or 32 bit ?

20210104_060640.jpg

20210104_060658.jpg

The second issue also applies to 24 bit input:

20210104_071409.jpg

20210104_071424.jpg

Btw: the device supports 32 bit audio, so this shouldn't be a problem.

@RiedRied I believe 88kHz and 96kHz are accurate figures, so it's not 88.2kHz as a multiple from 44.1.

Sample format / bit depth is often locked on Samsung and some other devices, so setting output to 192kHz locks it to 24-bit, while 384kHz is locked to 32-bit. This functionality is down to the device/ROM, not Poweramp.

Andre

@andrewilley Thank you! With Poweramp and high-res I get 16 bit output with 96 kHz, when I use another music player ( which utilizes AudioTrack ) 32 bit audio are possible ( as confirmed by the os which tells me I cannot use the os sound effects due to 32 bit audio playing ). So that "locking" might be due to the OpenSL ES driver.

Anyway, obviously can't be changed in Poweramp.

Archived