Poweramp Equalizer builds 886-893

maxmp

My oh my God! it happened.

I was missing the app for a long time.

Since I purchased the power amp player, the online streaming apps dominated and I missed listening in the app with the EQ and presents. Now wow this is so exciting man. I'm already enjoying with this new Eq app. thanks to the developers.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno, how exactly this happened but MX player pro showed up there..... But I am still noticing the problem Mayuri mentioned, EQ session is still being kept. "Force stopping" the affected apps doesn't remove the audio sessions but uninstalling them does remove it. And of course, rebooting the device does as well.

Screenshot_2021-01-23-19-52-36-122_com.maxmpz.equalizer.jpg

18 minutes ago, Someguyonline said:

uninstalling them does remove it. And of course, rebooting the device does as well.

Rebooting didn't help me. What it did do is add PlayerPro to the notification, even tho I haven't opened PlayerPro for like at least a week, and it hasn't been active at all since phone reboot...

IMG_20210123_141755_430.jpg

Happily exists freezer.life, I download my music in flac format and I can use the Poweramp player, it hurts that it is from android 9 onwards, a lot of devices that use android Oreo are loading 🤧.

I hope that the player in the future can have those options that this equalizer has, and if it does, they could pass a tutorial. 😉

2 hours ago, ijann said:

it hurts that it is from android 9 onwards, a lot of devices that use android Oreo are loading

As stated before, including in the first post in this thread, the equaliser app requires Android features that were only introduced in release 9, so it cannot be used with Android 8 or earlier.

Andre

Just noting, ViPER4Android FX can be used on Android 6.0+ devices. But it apparently requires root access. I am foreseeing/guessing even if Maxmp implements something like that on PEQ, it won't be usable without root/ADB access because of Android system limitations. 🤔

3 hours ago, Someguyonline said:

I am foreseeing/guessing even if Maxmp implements something like that on PEQ, it won't be usable without root

Correct. It might technically be possible to make it work on some earlier Android versions, but would be a hacky solution for each device and would require root. 

Andre

5 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Someguyonline no, as reverb implementation in modern Androids is bad (mostly adds noise). (Technically it's implemented in Poweramp Equalizer, but disabled).

You said it's "implemented" 🤔. Is there any hidden activity/window that can exploit it? I mean some users would want to use it. And my pre-installed system equalizer has reverb, just saying.

@maxmp

Can you share more insight about the Samsung Hi-Res issue ?

I've noticed while playing Tidal Master tracks that the frequency spectrum animation gets narrowed down and there is no movement above the 4kHz band whereas playing the same track section using HiFi quality there's lots of sound information in the high register during that section. Is not that the high freq sounds are muted, they sound transposed into the lower freq while PEQ is enabled.

I supposed this is the issue you are referring.

I thought that this would be an issue with Samsung and Tidal MQA Core Decoding triggering UHQ Upsampleing somehow. This is because I've noted that using HiFi tracks and enabling UHQ Upscaler instantly has the same effect of narrowing the frequency spectrum animation. Maybe using the spectrum animation as ground truth wasn't that good of an idea.

Any hope for a fix to this ? Maybe using some of the dumpsys info ? Workarounds ?

Another small question regarding this:

Does this mean that Tidal MQA Core Decoding actually produces 96kHz sample rates rather than what I thought would be 48kHz 24bit tracks ?... seen the roots of the issue and all

Edited by Coddy

On 1/29/2021 at 10:28 PM, DestroyerNile said:

I'm facing strange problem just purchased equalizer but if I turn my volume 75% + I get distortion how to fix this? 

Ensure you have DVC enabled (visible in Audio Info). Also if you’re on Samsung @ Android 11 OneUI 3.0 update to build-898.

• 4 weeks later...

@Ankit9999 Enable it in PA-EQ Settings > Equalizer > Known Players. See the notes at the top of that menu for more details.

For some apps that don't normally allow their output to be modified, you may first need enable extra permissions using a computer (or another phone) connected via a USB cable, see:

Andre