Poweramp Build 814

maxmp

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Laros said:

Update aren't good for me cz my playlist doesn't work properly

I play the playlist but always go back to allsong menu

Could you explain how you are using PA? Step-by-step of how you are starting the playlist playing, and what happens? As far as I know, Playlists are working as they should. 

Andre

9 hours ago, pack27 said:

Android 9

Google Pixel 1

Poweramp v3-build814-play (Full Version)

1. I have a bug where the now playing bar on the bottom will show a different song from the one that is playing. I think closing the app and reopen reproduces sometimes, but I am struggling to consistently reproduce this.

I also have the same problem sometimes. It will most of the time be the first song in your library, and sometimes it fixes itself when you change songs.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Could you explain how you are using PA? Step-by-step of how you are starting the playlist playing, and what happens? As far as I know, Playlists are working as they should. 

Andre

I open it to the playlist, I select songs such as song A, in the previous version if I want to go back to the same playlist I just tap on the screen and for this latest version it doesn't work even though the feature is very good

maybe this is also a minor bug in the latest version, I use flac files and there are a number of songs starting from the middle, for example song A has a duration of 03:00 if I play the song always starts at 1:15, I have tried clear cache still not working

5 minutes ago, Laros said:

maybe this is also a minor bug in the latest version, I use flac files and there are a number of songs starting from the middle, for example song A has a duration of 03:00 if I play the song always starts at 1:15, I have tried clear cache still not working

Does it always start at the same position ? Or where you stopped playing the last time ? If it's the latter then you've activated a setting for that.

1120201816206.jpg

On 12/16/2018 at 10:05 AM, FabioGnecco said:

i have some problems with scrobbling from simplelastfm as well
sometimes the track appear on the cached songs when i just open PA without listening to it. my simplelastfm scrobbler has the "when to scrobble" option marked as "when i hit the scrobble now" button.

i tested with Poweramp configured to scrobble with the simplelastfm app, and the problem persists. so i thought about not marking PA on the scrobbler app and leave the option on the PA marked, but i don't get any tracks on the cached and they don't scrobble at all.

what i do is to deleted the duplicated songs and hit the scrobble now option

PA Version is V3 814 (but i run to this bug for a long time)
Simple Last FM version 1.5.7 from the google play store
Motorola E2 2nd generation

hopefully you manage to recreat this scenario, because is the only problem i have with Poweramp

btw, the official scrobbler never works... it's outdated for a long time 

I've been having this problem as well. I've tried to replicate the issue but haven't had much luck getting it to happen consistently.

What I've noticed is that usually it happens after I leave the songs paused for some time. For exemple, when i'm at work, someone calls me, I pause it, and when I come back to it like 15~20 min latter the song is registered twice, even if I've listen to less than half of the song. There are times where it doesn't duplicate even after long pauses. And then there are times that even without pause it register more than one time, for no reason at all.

10 hours ago, Laros said:

I open it to the playlist, I select songs such as song A, in the previous version if I want to go back to the same playlist I just tap on the screen and for this latest version it doesn't work even though the feature is very good

You don't have Shuffle All Songs mode enabled do you, as that will necessarily cause that to happen?

Otherwise, if I play a song from a playlist on the current version, then in non-shuffled mode tapping on the album artwork takes me back to the same Playlist view. (This was a problem in a previous release by the way, so it might be something that has recently been fixed on the version I'm running)

Andre

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You don't have Shuffle All Songs mode enabled do you, as that will necessarily cause that to happen?

Otherwise, if I play a song from a playlist on the current version, then in non-shuffled mode tapping on the album artwork takes me back to the same Playlist view. (This was a problem in a previous release by the way, so it might be something that has recently been fixed on the version I'm running)

Andre

Oh wow you gotta be in non-shuffled mode to be able to go back to the same playlist. Somehow I missed that. Thank you!

1 hour ago, anh.tt said:

Oh wow you gotta be in non-shuffled mode to be able to go back to the same playlist. Somehow I missed that. Thank you!

Some Shuffle modes only. For example, if you have Shuffle All Songs set then the original Playlist you started from is no longer the song source, they could be from anywhere in your music collection. The other Shuffle modes should still be able to take you back to a list display, but whichever one is currently being played from. 

Andre

First and foremost great new version.

One thing that i can't find the the old version had but won't carry over with the settings file from the alpha v3 is the option to disable delete.

Meaning before i upgraded to the official version 3 i went in and saved my settings in the v3 alpha and it had the option to disable delete. But when i imported the settings file into the official v3 delete is still active.

So i ask, is there a way to disable the delete function in the official v3 version? As i looked through all the settings and it's not in the same place as the alpha version of v3.

If not, will the option come back? As i liked that option so i don't accidentally delete a music file.

41 minutes ago, Benzuda said:

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Still getting used to v3. I am however missing the widgets it seems. I have build 814 on a Galaxy S7 running Oreo with the latest update.

On my S7 Oreo with build 814 there are Poweramp Widgets.

You see any widgets but just not Poweramp's ?

11212018211334.jpg

11212018211343.jpg

11212018211353.jpg

Since the V3 update, audio no longer auto-restarts when wired headphones connected, even when selected in settings.  Also why is there no longer a simple progress bar in the song window so you can see where in the song you are (and quickly skip around)?  The waveform is silly and distracting - visual candy over functionality.

Overall I have to say I HATE the new interface but those are the main two issues for me.

On 12/19/2018 at 6:21 PM, maxmp said:

Thanks for the details - if you're on Pie beta - I can't do anything yet with it as I just don't have Pie on my S9 - beta it's limited for few countries. As soon as Pie hits my S9+ (I have both variants), it will be added.

Tested Poweramp on Samsung Pie Beta (S9+ Exynos) - Hi-Res output works OK for it, DVC supported.

@Benzuda If you installed on sd card, Android doesn't support widgets for such apps.

16 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Tested Poweramp on Samsung Pie Beta (S9+ Exynos) - Hi-Res output works OK for it, DVC supported.

@Benzuda If you installed on sd card, Android doesn't support widgets for such apps.

Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled and that seems to have fixed the issue.

B

Hi guys! First of all, thanks @maxmp for your hard work you've done to the V3, I like the new UI, new features, etc... but of course in a music player, the most important thing is it's sounding. It looks like for me that part is need a bit more care to be good, not happy with it. My device is a Samsung Note 5 (SM-N920T) 32 GB, running on official 7.0 nougat rom, not expandable with external SD card, so I had to make a decision. I put lossy garbage to my device to save more storage for my songs, or I put acceptable, standard CD Quality files (16-bit, 44.1KHz) that not need to much storage space, but still listenable. My problem is that, I can't set up the output to use 16-bit 44.1 KHz, PA upsample songs to 48Khz and it's sounds very bad that way. I tried to configure Hi-res output, I can set the output to use 44.1 Khz, but then can't change sample format from 24-bit to 16. The volume gain drastically goes down, If I try to adjust in the EQ screen, it distorts like hell... so I don't know how can I set the output to be good. I don't want to rip all of my CD again just because of that. If anybody have a solution for that, I'd be thankful. For now, I have to downgrade too to V2.

https://youtu.be/vKkZEIUuzZ4

In last word, Merry Christmas to everybody!

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

Thank you for your response and for trying,  it's weird

I just did a factory reset yet I still can't seem to have Hi Res audio 

Screenshot_20181222-023351_Poweramp.jpg

9 hours ago, xander71 said:

I tried to configure Hi-res output, I can set the output to use 44.1 Khz, but then can't change sample format from 24-bit to 16. The volume gain drastically goes down,

Did you try to disable DVC ( Direct Volume Control ) ? Can be done globally or per output device. Is known to cause problems with Bluetooth.

112020189952.jpg

11202018990.jpg

Archived