Poweramp beta build-796

maxmp

12 hours ago, MeGustaPowerAmp said:

Seek duration could be progressive, too...

Seek by long-press on << and >> is indeed progressive, it gets faster the longer you hold the button.

I've wanted easier control for short steps for a long time too. The new-style seekbar goes some way to addressing this though, a small swipe along the new dynamic seekbar can make very small positional adjustments now. 

Andre

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all.

I can confirm a bug with playback - it stops after two songs, doesn't matter if there is shuffle mode turned on or off. I thought it's the power saving problem so I've disabled it for Poweramp, but the problem remains. It plays two songs, cues to third one and just doesn't play it, without any error message or anything. Files are in FLAC format, OpenSL ES output (not HD), language of player set to English.
I didn't have such problems with previous two or three builds, it was introduced with this update.
Phone is Samsung Galaxy A5 2017, Android 8.0.0, patch 01-08-2018. (latest).

7 minutes ago, pauzak said:

god, is there a way to roll back to previous test version and NEVER EVER update, PLEASE? 

Sure, just uninstall the current beta release and install a previous one (they are all in the Downloads tab at the top of the page) and then turn Updates off.

Andre

5 hours ago, itisljar said:

Hello all.

I can confirm a bug with playback - it stops after two songs, doesn't matter if there is shuffle mode turned on or off. I thought it's the power saving problem so I've disabled it for Poweramp, but the problem remains. It plays two songs, cues to third one and just doesn't play it, without any error message or anything. Files are in FLAC format, OpenSL ES output (not HD), language of player set to English.
I didn't have such problems with previous two or three builds, it was introduced with this update.
Phone is Samsung Galaxy A5 2017, Android 8.0.0, patch 01-08-2018. (latest).

Confirmed. Seems to happen more often after latest Android-Update yesterday.

On 9/11/2018 at 11:14 PM, djdarko said:

I don't use this feature, but I tested this just now. For me it seems to work properly adding to played count if you select the song elsewhere (not from the "most played" list, but not if you select it from that list.

Also, not sure if this is important, but it seems to add count just by starting the track, not by necessarily finishing the track (or a percentage of it). Not sure if that is considered important or not.

I never knew about this feature from before, but I would think at the very least a percentage played of a track should be taken into account for most played.  Is there a setting for most played or is it default?

@maxmp

The way I used to listen to music was to long-press a playlist and choose to shuffle it. That is not the option in the new beta updates. Given it's not really a new feature, please consider re-adding this in the future builds.

By now, the simple 'shuffle songs' option seems to do the same, and I would be fine with that, if it worked properly. The problem is that after a few restarts of the app it 'forgets' to shuffle, continuing the playback from the last played track in the order of the playlist, even though the shuffle option is still active. The track counter is also reset to the position of the current track in the playlist rather than its number in the shuffle. Re-enabling the shuffle option fixes it until after a few next restarts. That way the shuffled playlist isn't ever played back up to the end. I tried enabling the 'keep service' tweak, but it doesn't seem to help. The device is ASUS ZenFone 3 ZE552KL with the latest Android version and firmware update. Please look into it.

"Poweramp Lock Screen" enabled bypasses my lock screen. When I wake the screen it skips the lock screen and it goes directly to wherever I left off in Poweramp and only gives me the Home button and back button and no Apps button. When I click the home button to get out of Poweramp, THEN it takes me to the android lock screen with only cover art. With this feature off, the android lock screen media bar doesn't work either. I only see album art. I never used the Poweramp Lock Screen in V2 anyways because it always took me to the android one right after unlocking, so I had to unlock twice. But neither of them work now. "Show album art on android lock screen" also works whether the feature is enabled or disabled.

Also my widget always shows the Pause button as if it's always playing. I can play/pause and it works correctly but the icon never changes.

I don't really care about either of these bugs because I use headphones/bluetooth with buttons and I only ever check the lock screen to see what's playing when using headphones...

But the "Album Artist" features not beings updated still got me upset lol.

Sony Xperia z5 compact / Android Version 7.1.1

1 hour ago, seventeethbleed said:

@maxmp

The way I used to listen to music was to long-press a playlist and choose to shuffle it. That is not the option in the new beta updates.

The new process to do the same thing is to tap on the Playlist title (not long-press it) and then tap the Shuffle icon to start random playback of that list. There seem to still be some bugs to address in terms of how shuffle handles the randomisation, but that would be the same if you were still using the old long-press method to get to the same place.

Andre

13 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The new process to do the same thing is to tap on the Playlist title (not long-press it) and then tap the Shuffle icon to start random playback of that list.

Thanks for answering. Now I see, but have to report that the bug with shuffle not working after some restarts still persists.

Ip1Ky5m.jpgUsing it on the LG G7, and I still didn't got any bug so far! Neither on this or the older updates (since after the alpha). My last post was on the alpha 790 and I had a Moto Z Play, now with this phone I have hi-res audio out and it's been working wonderfully, it's a completely new universe, and a universe that I've been exploring without bugs (at least on the features I use). The only thing I noticed is, very rarely, using the hi-res output with DVC makes the sound get out through the phone speaker, and not the headphones itself, but a reboot fix this, and nothing more.

Actually I would like to request something. There's a list view option on the alpha 790 which I miss very very much! I'll link the picture showing it. I know I'm only one, but I would surely love to see this listing mode back...

I can't randomly play albums in order anymore, app crashes trying to play the next one, maybe it's a "cover blinking" related thing... And artist should comme first on the the second line, we do not need album info, there is the cover for that, in compilations you don't even see the artist tag!

Thanks a lot, Max, for restoring the 5-star-rating system in the new beta version! I really appreciate it! 

However, it would be great to have the song's rating being displayed in every song list - not just in the "best rated" list.

Since my collection is rather huge, I use the rating stars to quickly identify my favourite songs in albums and playlists.

Thanks a lot for your consideration!

Archived