Poweramp beta build-796

maxmp

Thanks Max, I'm glad to see a new build, but sadly this is the sketchiest V3 build so far.

>>> and <<< buttons aren't working at all, that's a deal breaker for me, so I'm rolling back to V795.

Long pressing the stop button doesn't act like expected (stop and reset the track) but skips the track... it's weird, but not a huge failure like the >>> / <<< issue.

Queue is working quite badly... if I let the queue start by itself, PA crashes, but if I restart PA, queue works as expected.

All this issues were reported in this thread, so I'm not the only one suffering them (“suffering" ??) ... Here I'm hoping this qualifies as “Bug fixes" because I don't want to be stuck in V795 forever lol

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, MeGustaPowerAmp said:

IT'S THIS, IS DRIVING ME MAD!!! xD

Happens while I'm not using PA.

All album info disappears, AND the play button too?

Not happening here. I'm using Nova Launcher Prime v6.0.0-beta 4

The only time the info disappears is if I reset the device, then it takes a moment to automatically reload the info after boot.

I tested on 3 devices: 1 Stock Nougat, 1 Oreo Lineage, 1 Nougat Lineage.

11 minutes ago, MeGustaPowerAmp said:

IT'S THIS, IS DRIVING ME MAD!!! xD

Happens while I'm not using PA.

Screenshot_Nova_Launcher_20180912-224036~01.png

you do know you can modify the widgets colors and transparency don't you? I just tested it and I don't have that problem, you touch the top right of widget and you can modify it, or remove it and when you add it again you should be able to modify it then as well.

5 hours ago, Huggy020 said:

menu => Folders now navigates for Folders Hierarchy category if it's enabled

what exactly does this mean?

In 795 if you choose "Folders Hierarchy" view and press song on main screen - it goes to list of "Folder" view.

Not it will be correct.

Thank you! Don't know if this qualifies as a bug, but when  browsing artists, if i remember correctly, in one given letter, when scrolling it used to go through artists starting with that letter, but now it just jumps from one letter to another, is it possible to fix this ? thanks

@maxmp, since this is the V3 release and you're not adding features, can we agree upon gapless playback not working is a bug? 

Since this version of Poweramp can play gapless but just won't the first time songs are loaded the feature is there, it just isn't working properly.

Poweramp has been so successful over the years because real music fanatics found all the features they needed. Most importantly the features that support great music playback. In that sense gapless playback is a must. Without gapless playback real music fanatics who are in many cases people who listen to albums will lose interest in Poweramp which would be shame. Music playback capabilities in my opinion may never be sacrificed for a GUI update since playing music is which Poweramp always did the best and should stay on that number one position.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

@maxmp, since this is the V3 release and you're not adding features, can we agree upon gapless playback not working is a bug?

This is not the final! It is RC, which is Release Candidate. This is before final of the release. All I can is there are features and things on there that quite still not work a 100% and sad that if they don't get fixed.

37 minutes ago, luv4metalcore said:

This is not the final! It is RC, which is Release Candidate.

I think the OP was merely asking that this issue be treated as a bug (i.e. something to be looked at during the final beta stages before the release of v3) rather than a Feature Request which may not be addressed until some time later.

Andre

I noticed that the problem with switching between albums through the buttons in the main screen window (next album, previous album) applies to both the "advance list" option and the "random" option. When we are on the last track of the album (11/11) and we want to choose the next album, the program closes. Similarly with the first song of the album (1/11) - when you want to select an earlier album (option to switch to the previous album), the program also closes.
When in the presented set-up we try to choose the next song (case 11/11) or the earlier song (case 1/11) using the song switch button, PA also closes.

So why is the widget working correctly in each of the cases described?

Version 795 did not have this problem.

Screenshot_20180912-200035.jpg.cc188ee69fe638189dbac2af3df18101.jpg

7 hours ago, pauldamo said:

you do know you can modify the widgets colors and transparency don't you? I just tested it and I don't have that problem, you touch the top right of widget and you can modify it, or remove it and when you add it again you should be able to modify it then as well.

Mmm... Of course I know that, but that's not my issue. 

It should look like this

87085414_Screenshot_Nova_Launcher_20180913-06533501.png.cfc9026044b93b7d89df3f876ef2f18c.png

But almost always it's looking like this

1648266430_Screenshot_Nova_Launcher_20180912-22403601.png.30e01737e77b0c4e265a2ecebbb60298.png

I'm pretty sure it is not a “bad" widget setting.

37 minutes ago, Akhilesh Sahni said:

In this build, I made two changes and then the app gone crazy. It started blinking continuously.

What I did?

1. I changed the language to English from Auto.

2. Screen orientation - Changed to Horizontal.

I was not able to use the app so I had to clear data. 

It's a bug related to your change #2; I'm not sure if this happens in previous build, so maybe you should roll back to V795 or previous and see if this is still happening.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I think the OP was merely asking that this issue be treated as a bug (i.e. something to be looked at during the final beta stages before the release of v3) rather than a Feature Request which may not be addressed until some time later.

Andre

Well, that is exactly what the scrobbling problem is too, is a already added feature since the beginning of this app, but won't be fixed like a bug. Hell, I think this no fix is a per spite against me, since I am the one saying it needs it more than others but others have been asking about it too, and it just keeping getting ignored, and people besides me think they need it too. So I do not think this not thinking it is a priority is just in your head and the devs, because saying it is not a priority is not a good enough reason to not even fix it.

You know what, don't fix it. At least I know why and others would know it is not 100% working order app because of it. Really do not want to use another app but this sucks.

23 minutes ago, luv4metalcore said:

Well, that is exactly what the scrobbling problem is too, is a already added feature since the beginning of this app, but won't be fixed like a bug.

Max has previously said that scrobbling was not a priority during the audio testing phase, but that he would look into it before the final release of v3. Hopefully that is still on his radar, along with the other little bits and pieces that are not quite working as per the last stable release (cut silence, physical menu button, prefer in-folder artwork, etc).

Andre

33 minutes ago, MeGustaPowerAmp said:

Mmm... Of course I know that, but that's not my issue. 

It should look like this

87085414_Screenshot_Nova_Launcher_20180913-06533501.png.cfc9026044b93b7d89df3f876ef2f18c.png

But almost always it's looking like this

1648266430_Screenshot_Nova_Launcher_20180912-22403601.png.30e01737e77b0c4e265a2ecebbb60298.png

I'm pretty sure it is not a “bad" widget setting.

OK, I was thinking it was a transparency problem.

9 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Max has previously said that scrobbling was not a priority during the audio testing phase, but that he would look into it before the final release of v3. Hopefully that is still on his radar, along with the other little bits and pieces that are not quite working as per the last stable release (cut silence, physical menu button, prefer in-folder artwork, etc).

Andre

It has been a problem since the beginning of this app, and now it is going to be the last? Okay, that makes a lot of sense now.

Tired of being put off, so no more responses after this. This is bs since this was my only main issue with this app, and put off as one of the last things to be done. I am not the only one that has been asking about it.

Archived