Poweramp
maxmp

Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

7 hours ago, MRK17 said:

I find it funny that many of you are concerned about HD Audio and pristine quality then go all out and enable all kinds of distorting bullcrap like Dolby Crapmos or XxXtremexXx Sikk Audio Mod #23754 Mega Bass Edition, and then proceed to listen to music using godawful Skullcandy or Beats or if you're lucky low end Sennheiser earbuds.

Your confidence to say that everyone owns a pair of crap headphones is quite naive i would say. And these mods are goof and  dont cause problems or interfere with PA so i dont get ur fuss over it 

well Ainur Sauron Mod is to default my DAC to be AK4490 and I find enabling Atmos gives it an extra clarity. I am also using ath-m50

Also, I do not get so called audiophiles, if that is even a thing or just someone that calls themselves this and like to start and argument to tell others how to listen to music a certain way. Studios mix albums and adds stuff to them all the time, but we can't add stuff and mix it the way we want? That is contradiction right there. If we just listen it as is the way the studio mixed it, then with all the bad production albums mixed wrong are going to sound like crap anyways. So I do not see the point of just listening to plain basic without any equalizer, unless you love listen to poop in your ears, because that is exactly what it sounds like. I tried what so called audiophiles say is better with equalizer on flat and just adjusting bass to desired, and that even sounds like crap. I will keep my equalizer on bass&treble preset and add bass as desired, which sounds heck of a lot better. I do not go by what someone else tells me, but I go by my own ears telling me. That is the way it should be anyways, what your ears tells you, not others.

Small update on beta development state:

- audio engine updates - done (also in build-709)
- black skin - done
   - black pro skin with extra buttons and "static" track wave seek - done (screenshots below)
- library stuff - in works

device-2018-06-01-034114.png device-2018-06-01-034756.png device-2018-06-01-034211.png device-2018-06-01-034338.png device-2018-06-01-034924.png device-2018-06-01-034946.png

20 minutes ago, maxmp said:

- black skin - done
   - black pro skin with extra buttons and "static" track wave seek - done (screenshots below)

device-2018-06-01-034114.png device-2018-06-01-034756.png device-2018-06-01-034211.png device-2018-06-01-034338.png device-2018-06-01-034924.png device-2018-06-01-034946.png

Great job on the dark theme! I really like it, and even prefer it to the light one (especially since I'm using an AMOLED display).

Do you plan on updating the apk with the current state, or are you waiting for the next preview until more features are added?

Looks good!

I probly wont be using it but its exciting to see updates. :>

Excited for Artist function, would be nice to be able to have it as the default window too. Not just library/folders etc but any page.

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

- black skin - done

When to expect this build? 

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

- black skin - done

If possible give option between static seeker and the previous one... 

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

- black skin - done

How is the "Black Pro Skin" different than the "Black Skin"?

I saw 'library' and 'works' in the same line and got a little too excited 😉 Thanks for the progress update max! :)

2 minutes ago, dipanjan maity said:

will it release this week?

Maybe, if he knew for sure I am sure he would tell us.

It is necessary to correct errors of the library by sorting the folders hierarchy, well, when it can be tested?

10 hours ago, maxmp said:

- black skin - done

Please make songs title and other tags in player screen  ROUND just like  like and dislike button

I have to say that I was skeptical about the new look before. But this black version looks really good.  Can't wait for the final release. 

Looks great @maxmp .. the black skin looks great.. just hope that the wavebar is togglelable and the song name ad artist name boxes be rounded or just smoothed out.. Great job on the pro skin it will satisfy some users who had contradictions to gestures👌

7 hours ago, maxmp said:

@ maxmp  What about lenovo vibe x3? Saber DAC will now be able to work, fixed a bug related to the 0x4000 flag? 

@ maxmp  this error is not ROM of this phone. Error in the Poweramp code.

[Admin: Translated to English. While both you and Max might speak Russian, most of the rest of the forum users do not. There are language-specific subforums if you prefer to communicate in different languages] 

9 minutes ago, Vovihor said:

Where can I download?

The question is not where but when, and Max didn't say when the next update would be ready for public testing. His recent post was just an update on how his development work is going.

Andre

23 hours ago, MRK17 said:

I find it funny that many of you are concerned about HD Audio and pristine quality then go all out and enable all kinds of distorting bullcrap like Dolby Crapmos or XxXtremexXx Sikk Audio Mod #23754 Mega Bass Edition, and then proceed to listen to music using godawful Skullcandy or Beats or if you're lucky low end Sennheiser earbuds.

Couldn't agree with your more. Perhaps there should be a warning notice: Not for muppets with cheap headphones/earbuds - LOL

why do not you touch the equalizer on a HI-FI Home?
the argument is that starting from a transparency as optimal as possible
helps in all situations.poi who uses earphones from 30 euros will go to 
touch up as necessary to correct the shortcomings of its hardware, 
those who will use earphones from 150 Euro will perhaps need only light 
tweaks.different the speech (and in this I agree with you) for 
extraneous effects like surround or delay and frills reverberations 
that only mess the sound.without considering the different hearing 
of all of us and specifying, that a nice flac can make better the idea 
of what and how much to touch.the pure sound of what was recorded 
in the recording studio by the artist is almost never satisfactory 
for the listener

then, I do not think anyone who spends 5 euros for the power amp uses the 4-euro discount headset

9 hours ago, dun198 said:

Do you plan on updating the apk with the current state, or are you waiting for the next preview until more features are added?

The next published build will include full library support.

8 hours ago, koolicecream said:

If possible give option between static seeker and the previous one... 

While technically it's easy to do for built-in skins, this option will complicate things greatly for 3rd party skin authors, thus, seekbar type is per skin now.

7 hours ago, hypomaniac-eric said:

looking better.  I just wish the text wouldn't cover the album cover.  Will there be a change to move the text off the album covers?

There is no enough screen space on many devices (with 16:9 screen or shorter) to fit all info with rectangular full width album art. Previously, album art was covered by toolbar and panels, now these are not covering album art.

Built in skins made to be compatible with as many devices/screens as possible. Nevertheless, later I will return to skins and probably will add more built in variants. I hope 3rd party skin makers will publish many skin variants even before that.

8 hours ago, ultimat3pro said:

How is the "Black Pro Skin" different than the "Black Skin"?

Black Pro has <<< << >> >>> buttons and static wave seekbar (whole track wave is visible). 

6 hours ago, Asim said:

Please make songs title and other tags in player screen  ROUND just like  like and dislike button

The idea is simple: rounded (large radius) things are clickable, rectangular (actually, small corner radius) things are not. It's easy to modify current built in skins with radius changes (and colors), so I guess first 3rd party skins will be about that.

5 hours ago, Seve-s said:

What about lenovo vibe x3? Saber DAC will now be able to work, fixed a bug related to the 0x4000 flag? 

Vibe X3 has 2 "outputs" - 16 bit only/192khz Turbo Hi-Fi and Snapdragon 24bit/192khz. There is no any click or any noticeable sound difference when Turbo Hi-Fi is toggled on/off while playing in stock player (on my X3 with latest OTA, from forums I know this behavior changed over time with various OTA updates), so personally I think this device always uses same DAC and doesn't do any analog switching internally. 24bit/192khz is in build 709, in older alphas (704) 16bit variant was enabled.

Nevertheless, it's possible to fully duplicate stock player behavior and do the 16bit/192khz variant, I will probably add switch for that (OEM variant, as previously for Sonys).

1 hour ago, Siddharth Jadav said:

I have to pay extra for the pro skin?

Built in skins are included (==free). As for 3rd party skins, it depends on skin authors.