Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting

maxmp

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Thair_ree_oh said:

Galaxy S7 Android 7.0 

Notification bar not working. It's there a setting on my phone that will stop it from working or is this a known bug on this device and OS? 

Try build 705 and see if that works as there are some tweaks to the notification system in there (uninstall 790 first).

Andre

29 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Try build 705 and see if that works as there are some tweaks to the notification system in there (uninstall 790 first).

Andre

Still not working.

I was using the the regular version of Poweramp when I first noticed I had no album art or track selection in my status\noticfication bar. Then I tried the beta version v3 from Google play store, still didn't work. Then I tried the 790 build, still didn't work. I have the 705 build running now, still not working. Is there a setting on my phone I may have activated unintentionally? Any help is much appreciated. 

I got it!

I unticked "hide unknown album" in Poweramp settings. 

790 build even works now

18 hours ago, peppe02 said:

Hi guys, I click on the cover on Poweramp widget and nothing happens, usually it brought me inside the app.. Also hi-res settings don't stick, i go back and i have to enter them again..

Anyone?

32 minutes ago, peppe02 said:

Anyone?

This is a beta test release, and it is not yet feature-complete.

Not sure why high-res settings aren't sticking for you, but it'd be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the app (or clear app cache and data) and see if that helps. Do not re-import your old Settings before testing, as they could be causing the issue.

Andre 

I downloaded the build 705 out of curiosity.

The sound quality is in my opinion, not to compare with the build 790. In build 705, the OpenSL ES HD output is not displayed. I think that sounds best in build 790, with Float32 enabled.

The Direct HD output of the build 705 does not have this option, even the sound has no dynamics and space.

The Float32 option is offered with the AUDIO TRACK output, again useless because this output only plays with 16bit and 48khz.

I'm back on the build 790 because the sound just sounds better.

2 hours ago, SynekPablo said:

I downloaded the build 705 out of curiosity.

The sound quality is in my opinion, not to compare with the build 790. In build 705, the OpenSL ES HD output is not displayed. I think that sounds best in build 790, with Float32 enabled.

The Direct HD output of the build 705 does not have this option, even the sound has no dynamics and space.

The Float32 option is offered with the AUDIO TRACK output, again useless because this output only plays with 16bit and 48khz.

I'm back on the build 790 because the sound just sounds better.

ya you are right

Well first of all i got to say i love the new PA, still best player even not yet completed.

(Sorry if has been answered already, did not see it)

Now i'm facing a little bit of an issue, big part of my library its AAC, ive noticed that some songs were missing, cleared data and cache and perform a full rescan the songs started to pop up, they've play w/o any problem, few minutes later gone again, looks random and not all songs missing.

Consequence of this issue is not letting me activate PA giving me error 500 no activations left.

Any clue?

Thanks 

25435_markup.png

OK, so despite the lack of library options (which is super annoying but I understand the whole beta/test version I'm in) I'm fairly happy with the new GUI. Few things:

• PLEASE make the pause button bigger. I understand taking away the others but the pause, especially with the graphic representation behind it, is entirely too small and gets lost.
  • Definitely having different sound issues. Same album on the last stable build is cranky on this build, losing sound at the higher end where it didn't before.
  • VERY weird thing I'm experiencing just today, I have an album playing and the screen is off and it's playing a few seconds then advancing to the next song by itself. I don't know if it's doing it on more than one album, the one I was listening to this morning didn't do this, and it didn't do it in the last build. Very strange either way. 
  • I'm curious to see how the up button will work in the new GUI. I liked that you could choose whether to look by album/artist in the last one. 

All in all not too bad, though I'm withholding final judgment for the final release. 

Hi, I tried the Beta and it looks great. I decided to roll back to the released version in the meantime as I needed my playlists. This worked fine for a few hours then teh playlists vanished. I decided as I had now seemingly lost the that I would try the beta again....I did this but decided again I needed playlists , I thought I would have to remake them ....But they appeared again for  a few hours then they vanished! Does anyone know why this is happening?

3 hours ago, jenluvs2sing said:

OK, so despite the lack of library options (which is super annoying but I understand the whole beta/test version I'm in) I'm fairly happy with the new GUI. Few things:

• PLEASE make the pause button bigger. I understand taking away the others but the pause, especially with the graphic representation behind it, is entirely too small and gets lost.
  • Definitely having different sound issues. Same album on the last stable build is cranky on this build, losing sound at the higher end where it didn't before.
  • VERY weird thing I'm experiencing just today, I have an album playing and the screen is off and it's playing a few seconds then advancing to the next song by itself. I don't know if it's doing it on more than one album, the one I was listening to this morning didn't do this, and it didn't do it in the last build. Very strange either way. 
  • I'm curious to see how the up button will work in the new GUI. I liked that you could choose whether to look by album/artist in the last one. 

All in all not too bad, though I'm withholding final judgment for the final release. 

I don't know if it's been mentioned somewhere in the previous 54 pages, but as far as the artist library option, I found a rather simple workaround. Use the search function, for Artist, the results pull albums in the top section, and songs in the bottom section. Works ok for me, until the more complete version gets released, for the times I really want to find a specific artist. Sound is much better with 790, so I'm sticking with it.

Screenshot_20180514-195723-01.jpeg

Looks and plays great for me on my s8+ on Oreo 8.0.
Sometimes i get random crashes when doing the swipe down gesture on NP screen.
It seems to only happen when bringing it up then quickly swiping it away.
As if it crashes from doing it too fast. lol

Excited for v3, already bought the full unlock and it's my first time using!
Especially excited for more customization options and the Library features. (Especially artist view!)
It blows my mind how many people have come into this thread just to post about various missing or not working features without even reading the initial post. lol

1 hour ago, Xeltos_ said:

Looks and plays great for me on my s8+ on Oreo 8.0.
Sometimes i get random crashes when doing the swipe down gesture on NP screen.
It seems to only happen when bringing it up then quickly swiping it away.
As if it crashes from doing it too fast. lol

Excited for v3, already bought the full unlock and it's my first time using!
Especially excited for more customization options and the Library features. (Especially artist view!)
It blows my mind how many people have come into this thread just to post about various missing or not working features without even reading the initial post. lol

I have the S8+ as well and I'm loving the new version's potential!

Does anyone know why when I change an albums embedded album cover to one I downloaded and applied through Poweramp the album cover shows as blank or as the embedded one when it's supposed to be showing the downloaded one? I've been having this problem, I'm on 705 right now because I want my playlists

Haven't had any real issues other than the obvious beta teething issues (random episodes of skip-pocalyspe that require a phone restart) All I can "complain" about is are the awful blocks of text covering the artwork, and perhaps a nitpick about the waveform seekbar lol. Wish is was a bit more conforming to the music ie perhaps the bars were a bit thinner. Small stuff but decent so far on the absolute basics.

Queing albums isn't working as I found out on a recent roadtrip but expected I guess.

12 hours ago, KTOuy said:

Consequence of this issue is not letting me activate PA giving me error 500 no activations left.

Please email poweramp.maxmpz@gmail.com with your details so the activation limit can be reset for you.

Andre

2 hours ago, sparsa said:

I cant change tracks using headphone buttons. It works for some time initially then it stops. Any one facing the same issue?

with the screen off I work but the volumes do not work. Only if I force the rom to wake up the screen from the volume keys the screen turns on and the volumes work. but the changes track with double click from the headset work

So I downloaded the 705 and now Hi-Res works on my Sony Xperia z5 Compact. I Put on my Hi-Res headphones and tried OpenSL ES and instantly you can hear a difference in the music. BUT then I started comparing a hi-res song over and over again OpenSL ES vs Hi-Res direct hardware. It appeared Open SL ES is clearer. Then I started to notice little clicks here and there and even some... (not sure what to call it) hissing in the voices or pitch problems. I switched to the stock Sony music player because I saw a lot of people say that sounded better in their opinion. I could not hear any of those noises I heard in OpenSL ES or using Poweramp Hi-Res direct hardware. So I abandoned OpenSL ES and noticed I was getting a difference in sound in Poweramp Hi-Res vs the stock Sony player. The stock player sounded a little better even though I had the Sony Music enhancers like DSEE HX and ClearAudio+ off. I finally noticed in Poweramp that Equ/Tone/Limit were enabled by default when I installed the new version. I turned them off and now the sound is identical. I really don't care for any of the equalizers/enhancers as they tend to add noises and artifacts that weren't in the music to begin with. Not sure what OpenSL ES is doing to the Sony system but Sony has been in the music game long enough they already did a lot of work to get the sound great on their devices. Maybe other brands need the help of OpenSL ES but it sounds like it's an over tuned equalizer on Z5 compact.

I am now only waiting to see how the new Poweramp goes only because I want cover art in playlists... but this version is perfectly fine since hi-res works.

Archived