Jump to content

Poweramp v3 beta-preview-build-790 - Not yet feature-complete, read first post before commenting


maxmp

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, WizUranus said:

At build 709 and 790, how to edit StereoX as build 5xx? I can't turn it on by press and hold on StereoX

StereoX is a knob just turn it to increase stereox

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/16/2018 at 8:19 PM, andrewilley said:

Seriously folks, enough with the ETA requests! There have been two test releases this week alone (705 and 706) and now Max is going back to making the 790 fork more feature-complete. When he's ready to release something, it will be announced in these forums first.

Thank you very much for your answer)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, @home said:

Where are the next & previous buttons on the player screen?

No buttons but you'll just have to swipe left or right for previous & next tracks, respectively. This was mentioned in the changelog in the 1st post. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, invaderzim said:

No buttons but you'll just have to swipe left or right for previous & next tracks, respectively. This was mentioned in the changelog in the 1st post. :)

Are they coming back in an update? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, @home said:

Me too.

 

Why are things removed just for the sake of it. Makes no sense.

We don't know for sure... Max might add a feature to toggle buttons in the future. What's important now is to have a fully functional beta since it's still May in his timeline. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alis said:

Does the DAC work with this Beta? 

The dac works with any music player but it is most often not used at its full potential due to resampling. I can confirm that hi-res works with the V30 with Nougat, but I don't know if it works with opensl HD with Oreo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Luk4s said:

Where can i use json ?

Visualization presets are in .milk format (the milkdrop v1/v2 format). You can drop those (usually zipped) in the preset location which is specified in Poweramp Settings => Visualization => under Rescan Presets and hit that Rescan Presets button to get them in PA. A lot of effort was put into ensuring compatibility, but Poweramp visualization is not derived from milkdrop, it's clear-room one, so some presets can fail to work (~v1 1-2%, v2 shader based - more as shader recompilation is not perfect).

Milkdrop presets have own (Eel) "programming" language and have DirectX-compatible (HLSL) shaders. When PA loads such preset, it re-translates Eel into Lua and HLSL into OpenGL GLSL ES, and not everything can be translated this way, but it usually is.

@manhtuan Sure, all the alpha list features and options will be there, including the list repeat/shuffle options.

 

9 hours ago, @home said:

Are they coming back in an update? 

I plan to add a "Pro" skin (2 variants - Light and Dark) with <<<, <<, >>, >>> buttons and "whole-track-visible" seekbar.

 

4 hours ago, Silversmith said:

The dac works with any music player but it is most often not used at its full potential due to resampling. I can confirm that hi-res works with the V30 with Nougat, but I don't know if it works with opensl HD with Oreo.

V30 DAC always works when it's enabled via notification shade. I can confirm that PA @ V30 @ 8.0 has hi-res output from 3.5mm (in both modes - with DAC enabled or disabled) - verified with audio capturing.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

Visualization presets are in .milk format (the milkdrop v1/v2 format). You can drop those (usually zipped) in the preset location which is specified in Poweramp Settings => Visualization => under Rescan Presets and hit that Rescan Presets button to get them in PA. A lot of effort was put into ensuring compatibility, but Poweramp visualization is not derived from milkdrop, it's clear-room one, so some presets can fail to work (~v1 1-2%, v2 shader based - more as shader recompilation is not perfect).

Milkdrop presets have own (Eel) "programming" language and have DirectX-compatible (HLSL) shaders. When PA loads such preset, it re-translates Eel into Lua and HLSL into OpenGL GLSL ES, and not everything can be translated this way, but it usually is.

@manhtuan Sure, all the alpha list features and options will be there, including the list repeat/shuffle options.

 

I plan to add a "Pro" skin (2 variants - Light and Dark) with <<<, <<, >>, >>> buttons and "whole-track-visible" seekbar.

 

V30 DAC always works when it's enabled via notification shade. I can confirm that PA @ V30 @ 8.0 has hi-res output from 3.5mm (in both modes - with DAC enabled or disabled) - verified with audio capturing.

 

 

Yup personally love the pro skin idea?. And yes some .milk don't work..but most of the famous ones do. Another thing i noticed on the 790 is that the rescan option sometimes doesn't discount removed .milks it shows the same number.. a reset is required to get the actual number..  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Silversmith said:

The dac works with any music player but it is most often not used at its full potential due to resampling. I can confirm that hi-res works with the V30 with Nougat, but I don't know if it works with opensl HD with Oreo.

I don't think the DAC is being utilised by PA v790 on LG v30. I find the music quality so much better using built in player or USB Audio Player Pro. PA v790 may report it's being used - but I don't believe it is. I think PA v790 is down sampling the music and then passing it to the DAC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

v30 DAC always works when it's enabled via notification shade. I can confirm that PA @ V30 @ 8.0 has hi-res output from 3.5mm (in both modes - with DAC enabled or disabled) - verified with audio capturing.

Max, is the music being down sampled by PA v790? Is there a "bit perfect mode" ? I don't believe v790 is utilising the Quad DAC, but perhaps the built-in DAC instead. The music quality is not as good as the built in music player 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use a Galaxy S6 running on Android 7.0 the audio quality on the new Beta release is significantly degraded as compared to the previous beta versions. even with the audio headroom gain disabled there is no change in the sound quality. the volume is not loud enough, the base and the treble knobs  under the tone option  earlier used to give excellent bass and treble but with the latest beta release the bass knob distorts the audio badly when cranked up. Openssl output and the native playback doesn't work only the high-res output works but with very low volume and low quality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...